Drugs in UK sports....

Started by muppet, June 09, 2015, 01:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

If Froome is clean then he is truly one of the all time greats. Not for me though. Looks sickly thin yet is still able to generate unbelievable power. Achieved nothing of note in his career until he was about to be ditched by Sky at age 26, then produced a performance out of nowhere in the Vuelta after miraculously finding a cure for a disease that very few had heard of.   

deiseach

They're claiming a 'data hack'. Looks to me like they are getting in their retaliation first against an impending adverse finding.

oakleaflad

Seriously hope he is clean, just for the sport itself. Had liked to see Froome do well after he had to let Wiggins win the Tour de France despite him clearly being the stronger of the two. I'm no expert but would 26 not still be relatively young in cycling terms?

JimStynes

I quite like Froome so I would be disappointed if he is found to be doping. You just can't trust anyone in top level sport though.

AZOffaly

Quote from: JimStynes on July 14, 2015, 11:30:17 AM
I quite like Froome so I would be disappointed if he is found to be doping. You just can't trust anyone in top level sport though.

Especially cycling.

yellowcard

Quote from: oakleaflad on July 14, 2015, 11:29:56 AM
Seriously hope he is clean, just for the sport itself. Had liked to see Froome do well after he had to let Wiggins win the Tour de France despite him clearly being the stronger of the two. I'm no expert but would 26 not still be relatively young in cycling terms?

At that stage he had shown no signs of being even a decent one day racer never mind a future grand tour champion. He need not have necessarily been winning grand tours at age 26 but you would expect a natural upward progression. Froome showed none of that and came out of nowhere when his contract was about to expire whilst not being renewed. Indeed he was disqualified form the previous years Giro for holding onto a motor cycle whilst riding up a climb. Believe what you want but to me it doesn't add up and his visual appearance, even moreso this year doesn't look natural.

JoG2

Quote from: oakleaflad on July 14, 2015, 11:29:56 AM

You'd have to wonder.  If I was a betting man I'd say they're still at something.  What are stage times like now compared to when Lance was wired to the moon?

dferg

Quote from: JimStynes on June 17, 2015, 11:10:59 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on June 17, 2015, 10:55:35 PM
Quote from: Minder on June 17, 2015, 10:32:59 PM
Things could get sticky for Farah now, Daily Mail reporting that he missed two drugs tests the year before London 2012 Olympics

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3128695/Mo-Farah-missed-two-drug-tests-London-Olympics-putting-2012-double-gold-risk.html

Only a matter of time before he gets caught. Always came across as an arrogant bollox.
Seems like Rupp has been on the juice for years...and still couldn't beat a "clean" Farah. People need to get heads out of the sand.
As Jimstynes has said it...professional sport is rife with it.
Juventus admitted to taking EPO in 1988.
Spain World Cup 2010 were juicing, all the files and blood work "disappeared".
::)

Spanish testing is a joke! The blood files that went missing contained a lot of very famous sports men!

http://tennishasasteroidproblem.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/curious-case-of-rafael-nadal.html

http://www.insidetennis.com/2009/10/short-history-drugs-tennis/

Clov

I think people are right to be skeptical about cyclists but i have to say that i would be very very surprised if Froome was doping. The temptations of course for individual athletes are huge but it would be impossible for Froome to dope and Sky not to know about it. So if you believe that Froome is/has doped then you have to believe that this is a sanctioned programme by his team and that just goes against everything we know about Sky. Their whole raison d'etre was to win cleanly. See how they dealt with the Tiernan-Locke case and compare it to Astana. I'm no Sky fan-boy but if their riders are systematically doping then i think it is time to give up on cycling.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

Mikhail Prokhorov

Geoff Tipps

A famous UK athlete has obtained a super injunction to stop the press from reporting on his/her blood samples taken when he/she was competing.
A quick google has revealed who it is!

JimStynes

Nothing really showing up for me but is it a current female long distance world record holder?

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: JimStynes on August 07, 2015, 10:11:04 AM
Nothing really showing up for me but is it a current female long distance world record holder?

This athlete has a distinctive running style!

JimStynes

Was reading about her on the digger forum the other day but nothing been mentioned since!