CCTV

Started by illdecide, May 13, 2010, 04:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Lads I'm looking for ideas for a good CCTV system (but obviously a low cost one) to monitor our new facilities around the club as we've recently installed a new 3G pitch and we would like it monitored so that we can cover ourselves in case of injury claims or damage that may arise. the area is question is roughly about 40m x 35m. However if the CCTV system was reasonable enough we could install a few additional cameras to the front of the club house and monitor the comings and goings.

I had a few messages from a few of you before the time my home was burgled about cameras so that's why I'm back for more information. Jasus if some of you wanted to give me a price for the installation and cameras i might even get ya's a bit of work (i can just see Laoislads ears perking up...lol)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

The Real Laoislad

8)

Now it really depends on what you want,but if you give me more details via PM i can come up with a quote...
Where are you by the way?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

illdecide

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 13, 2010, 04:22:33 PM
8)

Now it really depends on what you want,but if you give me more details via PM i can come up with a quote...

PM sent saan.

Lurgan, Co Armagh :'(

nrico2006

Are you from St Pauls?  Some setup by the looks of it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: illdecide on May 13, 2010, 04:30:32 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 13, 2010, 04:22:33 PM
8)

PM sent saan.

Lurgan, Co Armagh :'(

PM sent back....errrrrmmm saan  :-\
I'm often up in Portadown working so it wouldn't be a problem going to Lurgan
You'll Never Walk Alone.

illdecide

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 13, 2010, 04:34:07 PM
Are you from St Pauls?  Some setup by the looks of it.

No Clan na Gael. Yes, St Paul's have a cracker setup there waiting on them. We have big things happening in Davitt Park at the minute too. Good to see the GAA clubs doing well ;)

Ulick

Is BudWiser not the CCTV/alarms man?

illdecide

Ulick

Quote from: illdecide on May 13, 2010, 05:26:37 PM
Quote from: Ulick on May 13, 2010, 05:14:42 PM

Err...No.

Okay, well there's someone acts as a distributor for an Asian security electonics outfit.

Is this going to tender? - might throw a quote at it myself.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Ulick on May 13, 2010, 06:14:23 PM

Err...No.

Okay, well there's someone acts as a distributor for an Asian security electonics outfit.

That surveillance gear from under the floorboards in Connolly House might still be kicking about.

I also remember a thread were Bud was looking for advice on wiring some sort of CCTV system for remote access via laptop.

AbbeySider

Id also be interested in getting estimations and quotes for CCTV if anyone wants to PM me, id give them the details.

illdecide

Err...No.

no Ulick it won't be going to tender, it's a very small job. We are basically trying to get the crowd that funded the scheme in the first place to give us the extra money for a CCTV system but at the minute it's not looking good so we may have to fund this ourselves and if so we will just get a few quotes from a few different contractors and go with the best.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: illdecide on May 14, 2010, 09:33:21 AM

Err...No.

no Ulick it won't be going to tender, it's a very small job. We are basically trying to get the crowd that funded the scheme in the first place to give us the extra money for a CCTV system but at the minute it's not looking good so we may have to fund this ourselves and if so we will just get a few quotes from a few different contractors and go with the best.

My offer of doing it for a box of Hunky Dorey crisps and a date with your sister still stands.....
You'll Never Walk Alone.

illdecide

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 14, 2010, 04:03:44 PM
Quote from: illdecide on May 14, 2010, 09:33:21 AM

Err...No.

My offer of doing it for a box of Hunky Dorey crisps and a date with your sister still stands.....

Which sister? i've got four of them although i don't really care which wan but i'm interested in the Hunky Dorey's

Boycey

Jesus this is my week for dredging up old threads!

I need advice on a CCTV system. I'm running a business that really should have cctv installed, you'd laugh if you knew what we were doing without having them installed... Anyway I roeckon we can install them ourselves, well I can hold the ladder while a much more qualified lad will be doing the technical stuff. I was going to buy a kit off ebay/donedeal or the like. The prices seem to have come way down since the last time I looked so I don't want to rush into something and buy a pile of shite...

I was looking at this http://www.ebay.ie/itm/8-Channel-HDMI-Survellian-ce-DVR-800TVL-In-Outdoor-CCTV-Camera-System-Kit-1TB-/301205865734?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item462144c506 for £200 (I'd pay more to be honest)

I thought this was about what I was looking for but although an 8 channel with 1TB drive there are only 4 cameras provided am I right? A lot of the systems seem to be similiar.

Im more interested in what goes on during business hours than watching for break-ins etc, although that would be nice too but I suppose over-all its a deterent more than anything else.

Anyone got any expertise?

Please and thanks