European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Keane right about Haaland ;)

imtommygunn

The family name may cloud judgement there...

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on Today at 11:21:34 AMI know it's easy to say the best team lost but the concentration levels from Madrid were amazing. And then when it was needed they had lads like Nacho and especially Rudiger jumping in.

City tried to pull them around but it's not like Palace and their low block, these boys were not for turning. Also in the extra time Real did fire a few warning shots to keep City honest.

Truth be told I don't like Pep as he just seems like a flase hoor.

Real Madrid somewhat reminded me last night of Inter Milan from 2010. Top level concentration when they didn't have the ball. The penalty shootout a case of Pep over thinking things again in Europe? Having players that never took penalties before and it's rare you see the goalkeeper picked as one of the first five takers or be it it was a good penalty. Of course he subbed off two possible penalty takers De Bruyne,Haaland.  City supporters holding on to the ball played their part in Silva missing his but had they no extra balls instead of waiting for the crowd to return it?

That was the 6th time Real Madrid have knocked out the holders, their 33rd time to reach the last 4, 12 more appearances than the next Bayern Munich. Tradition is still strong in the European cup.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Armagh18 on Today at 03:18:07 PMKeane right about Haaland ;)

A stopped clock is right twice in the day. He also said Liverpool would win the League!

imtommygunn

Silva's penalty was ridiculous. It was a pass back to the goalie - hard to fathom what he was at there.

Captain Scarlet

In fairness they never whip enough balls into the box, but even then, for such a big man he gets rattled easy enough. Rudiger bullied him and then Nacho did well this time.

I think they are just not used to teams folding when they ramp it up. Barca were like that on some of their worst Euro nights too. If a team didn't fall asunder Messi would be standing on the wing and the rest of them would be rolling around.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

RedHand88

Quote from: From the Bunker on Today at 04:08:40 PM

A stopped clock is right twice in the day. He also said Liverpool would win the League!

They might yet. I fancy Chelsea to beat City this weekend in the cup and trigger a pep implosion. 2 points behind with 18 to play for. It's still on.

Armagh18

Quote from: RedHand88 on Today at 04:23:15 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on Today at 04:08:40 PM

They might yet. I fancy Chelsea to beat City this weekend in the cup and trigger a pep implosion. 2 points behind with 18 to play for. It's still on.
League still very much on, depends how they all bounce back after exiting Europe, Liverpool likely gone too unless they can get a miracle.

befair

Doku should have started instead of Grealish; so predictable, always cuts back inside and takes the pace off the attack. BTW this is the same Rudiger who couldn't get a place in Lampard's Chelsea team

Armagh18

Quote from: befair on Today at 04:48:43 PMDoku should have started instead of Grealish; so predictable, always cuts back inside and takes the pace off the attack. BTW this is the same Rudiger who couldn't get a place in Lampard's Chelsea team
Thought Carvajal did brilliantly on Doku in fairness.

AustinPowers

Quote from: befair on Today at 04:48:43 PMDoku should have started instead of Grealish; so predictable, always cuts back inside and takes the pace off the attack. BTW this is the same Rudiger who couldn't get a place in Lampard's Chelsea team

That says more about  Lampard than it does Rudiger

I have hoped  Ynited would go for Rudiger when Chelsea let him go .