The Paranoid Dublin Fan Thread

Started by Sidney, August 11, 2014, 12:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sidney

The paranoid Dublin fan loves nothing better than to take offence. He has made taking offence an art form. He stands there in the pub, just waiting to overhear somebody from another county make a reasonable point, and then, BANG, he goes, he blows, butting in, with his foghorn voice. And you won't get rid of him.

Paranoid Dublin Fan (PDF) is firm in his opinions, sorry, his facts. And here are some of them.

Croke Park is NOT, I repeat, NOT Dublin's home venue, even though Dublin play all their matches there. Parnell Park is Dublin's home ground, despite Dublin not having played a league or championship match there since 2010.

Money, is NOT, I repeat, NOT, a factor in Dublin's success, even though vast amounts of money have been pumped into Dublin GAA for coaching and player development (all done in a holistic manner).

Population is NOT, I repeat, NOT, a factor in Dublin's success. You can only put 15 players on the pitch.

Referees do NOT, I repeat, NOT, favour Dublin, despite them continually getting ridiculously soft frees in every match.

The Dublin team is the cleanest and fairest in the game, despite all these biting incidents.

The Dublin team would NEVER play defensively, despite all that pulling and dragging down of opponents towards the end of the 2013 All-Ireland final.

Paranid Dublin Fan remembers Seamus Aldridge, and Gerry Kinneavy, and Paddy Russell, and John Gough, and Joe McQuillan. Especially Joe McQuillan and how he screwed Dublin time and again, with his anti-Dublin agenda,

Paranoid Dublin Fan knows the whole of the media has an agenda against Dublin. That McStay, that O'Rourke, and especially that Brolly. They hate Dublin, every one of them.

Paranoid Dublin Fan will always have the last word. Never, ever question him. Just say you're going to the toilet, and run.

Dont Matter

In fairness, some of the paranoia can be blamed on the dope.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

squire_in_navy_slacks

It was a great game for muldoons when we were getting bet out the gate and playing in marvelous semi finals  ::)

Thisonegoesto11

Quote from: Dont Matter on August 11, 2014, 12:40:41 PM
In fairness, some of the paranoia can be blamed on the dope.

Ah come on we don't blame you for anything. Don't take ye that serious in fairness.

Dont Matter

Quote from: Thisonegoesto11 on August 11, 2014, 12:44:58 PM
Ah come on we don't blame you for anything. Don't take ye that serious in fairness.

:D That's a good one scabby arms.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

The Hill is Blue

I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Wildweasel74

Don't know about paranoid Dublin thread but we def could start a paranoid culchie thread, the amount of bitching going on about Dublin, its got way past embarrassing, why not except they have the makings of a special team, where was all this bitching when Kerry made it to 7 finals or so  in recent years, oh yes i forgot, they had a easy path to the last 8

larryin89

As opposed to dublins difficult passage to the last eight?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

heffo

Are Sidney and Larry the only two Syferus accounts posting on this thread or are there more??

Syferus

Quote from: heffo on August 12, 2014, 07:31:31 PM
Are Sidney and Larry the only two Syferus accounts posting on this thread or are there more??

Just those two.

Farrandeelin

Joe McQuillan is reffing against Donegal. I'm sure the paranoid Dublin fan won't be happy about this one.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Sidney

Paranoid Dublin fan is outraged with how the Davy Byrne incident has been portrayed in the media.

Paranoid Dublin fan is especially outraged at Com Parkinson and his obvious anti-Dublin agenda.

Paranoid Dublin fan knows Parkinson is a clown, an idiot and a troll.

Paranoid Dublin fan has been all over INTERNET discussion forums in recent days imploring fellow paranoid Dublin fans not to rise to the bait, while simultaneously biting hard on it.