The Official Daddies Club

Started by Under Lights, July 09, 2014, 09:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: guy crouchback on August 16, 2019, 03:54:09 PM
Quote from: general on August 15, 2019, 10:13:05 AM
Babies and Holidays - any one any do's or don'ts?

Myself and the wife are going to a friends wedding in 4 weeks to Italy - the usual Ryanair to and back (Dub - Milan) and renting a car from there. 7 nights.

The wee man will be 4 1/2 Months when we go. Wondering about bringing baby food powder etc? Prams? Car Seat?

bringing the pram on the plane is no problem, you can bring it up to the steps of the plane and they take it off you there. i think the car seat will have to go on as luggage. if you could rent a car seat with the car you might be better off.
its probably the easiest age to travel with a child. between one and 3 its a living nightmare and only gets slightly better as they get older.
not that it ever stopped us going abroad with them at every age but looking back i often wonder was it worth it.

Since we've had kids (last 4 years), we've usually left them with grandparents for the few times we've been away. Brought them the last time but I'd say they'd have been as happy with a playground in mayo

Hound

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 16, 2019, 10:20:43 PM
Quote from: guy crouchback on August 16, 2019, 03:54:09 PM
Quote from: general on August 15, 2019, 10:13:05 AM
Babies and Holidays - any one any do's or don'ts?

Myself and the wife are going to a friends wedding in 4 weeks to Italy - the usual Ryanair to and back (Dub - Milan) and renting a car from there. 7 nights.

The wee man will be 4 1/2 Months when we go. Wondering about bringing baby food powder etc? Prams? Car Seat?

bringing the pram on the plane is no problem, you can bring it up to the steps of the plane and they take it off you there. i think the car seat will have to go on as luggage. if you could rent a car seat with the car you might be better off.
its probably the easiest age to travel with a child. between one and 3 its a living nightmare and only gets slightly better as they get older.
not that it ever stopped us going abroad with them at every age but looking back i often wonder was it worth it.

Since we've had kids (last 4 years), we've usually left them with grandparents for the few times we've been away. Brought them the last time but I'd say they'd have been as happy with a playground in mayo
Never brought my lads on a plane till they could carry their own luggage!

brokencrossbar1

Another little Miss BC has arrived in the world. Her mummy is a staunch Tyrone woman too so that's creating a fun dynamic....apparently a few half and half jersies are making their way to us!!!

laoislad

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 15, 2019, 01:51:47 PM
Another little Miss BC has arrived in the world. Her mummy is a staunch Tyrone woman too so that's creating a fun dynamic....apparently a few half and half jersies are making their way to us!!!
Liverpool and Armagh?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on November 15, 2019, 02:10:11 PM
Liverpool and Armagh?

Aye that sounds about right!

Rois

Well done on both fronts - the safe arrival, and the choice of joint pro-creator. 

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Rois on November 15, 2019, 02:26:25 PM
Well done on both fronts - the safe arrival, and the choice of joint pro-creator.

Thanks but maternal grandma is from Armagh so the apples are strong in wee missie!!!

PadraicHenryPearse

4 weeks earlier than expected i've joined this club. Little healthy boy.

luckily my wife unlike me has everything ready, this despite my protests that it was too early to get nappies etc.

i am clueless, hoping this thread might have a few useful links or suggestions of what to do/expect over the next 6/12 months.. i think the only advice i got todate was enjoy  it (pre baby) while you can as you wont get much sleep.

Jeepers Creepers

Congratulations PHP!!! Hope all are well. My only advice is just go with the flow (and get your self a tommy tippee bottle maker) and enjoy every moment!
Sleeps overrated anyway lol!

imtommygunn

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on July 12, 2020, 09:14:36 AM
4 weeks earlier than expected i've joined this club. Little healthy boy.

luckily my wife unlike me has everything ready, this despite my protests that it was too early to get nappies etc.

i am clueless, hoping this thread might have a few useful links or suggestions of what to do/expect over the next 6/12 months.. i think the only advice i got todate was enjoy  it (pre baby) while you can as you wont get much sleep.

No one knows what they are doing. Make it up as you go along and you will be grand. Congratulations.

Yep tommy tippee for a much easier life and as soon as you can try to get a routine in place but will be a while yet.

laoislad

Yup, anyone who says they knew what they were doing with the first one is lying.
You'll be grand though, amazing how it comes naturally anyway.
Have plenty of patience with the wife also, she may not be herself for a few weeks.
Congratulations.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

clarshack

The first six weeks can be difficult enough but then you start getting used to it alright. Congratulations.

take_yer_points

I've 6 year old twins and a 1 year old. I remember when the twins were about 2 months old we were at the GP for something, he told us the first 1000 days were the worst. Just what we needed to hear.

You'll not be long getting into the swing of things, and the lack of sleep isn't as bad as is made out. Another recommendation for the perfect prep machine too, ours is packed away for good there about 3 months ago

Rudi

Congratulations,  I remember when we had our first, got about 6 hours sleep in 3 days. Was talking to a wily old neighbour, he said the first 18 years is the worst, so far he ain't wrong.

TwoUpTwoDown

Congratulations PHP. Don't be afraid to tell the well wishers to f off for a few weeks. It's amazing the amount of people that want to land and stay for hours almost immediately. Get the bottle maker, we didn't and definitely regret it now.

Take it all in and enjoy.