The Minister, the Commissioner and the whistleblower

Started by Hardy, February 20, 2014, 03:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Not the most humble of resignation letters. You can tell he still feels deep down that he's a victim here and everyone has been out to get him.

Rossfan

Not much loss  -  and it gives Enda his opportunity to reshuffle :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Muppet , did Wallace not just have a cop point at him through his window at traffic lights? I don't think he actually stopped.
Glad to see that arrogant git resign, even his supposed apologies and resignation letter stink of arrogance.

All of a Sludden

Yes he had to go, in fact he should have gone a long time ago, but how f*cked up is this country when anyone has to resign over a hoor like Mick Wallace.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

muppet

Quote from: Itchy on May 07, 2014, 05:55:59 PM
Muppet , did Wallace not just have a cop point at him through his window at traffic lights? I don't think he actually stopped.
Glad to see that arrogant git resign, even his supposed apologies and resignation letter stink of arrogance.

Dunno, but driving while on the phone is still breaking the law. So is not paying €1.4m in vat.
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

The resignation has nothing to do with the Mick Wallace/Data Protection breach. It's on foot of the Guerin report on the handling of the whistleblowers' allegations.

Good riddance either way.

Itchy

Quote from: muppet on May 07, 2014, 06:05:14 PM

Dunno, but driving while on the phone is still breaking the law. So is not paying €1.4m in vat.

Minister for justice leaking Info on TV that he shouldn't or let's say at best not taking allegations of Garda corruption serious is a bit worse than Wallace. The on the phone thing is nothing. The tax evasion he was caught and made arrangements with revenue.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Hardy on May 07, 2014, 06:10:35 PM
The resignation has nothing to do with the Mick Wallace/Data Protection breach. It's on foot of the Guerin report on the handling of the whistleblowers' allegations.

Good riddance either way.
+1

It will be interesting to see who will be put in place now.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Quote from: Itchy on May 07, 2014, 06:22:10 PM
Quote from: muppet on May 07, 2014, 06:05:14 PM

Minister for justice leaking Info on TV that he shouldn't or let's say at best not taking allegations of Garda corruption serious is a bit worse than Wallace. The on the phone thing is nothing. The tax evasion he was caught and made arrangements with revenue.

The reason he went in the end was the Data Protection Commissioner saying he had broken the law. He had to go in that case.
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Muppet - that's not the reason. It should be enough in itself, but it's not the reason he resigned. See my post above.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

I noted that Frances Fitzgerald is a possible replacement as Minister for Justice. Dear lord.
Added to Mairead McGuinness as a potential MEP can the public actually say they vote for these people?

The brain trust at FG is quite low by the looks of it, especially with enda at the helm.

edit - speaking of MEP's - i'm not forgetting that weasel Sean Kelly, the former GAA head. That man should never have graced croke park. Purely a career man, not a GAA man.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

lynchbhoy

Deeelighted shitter has eventually had to go

Inda looked shook and wan in the dail today announcing it

Fox - money is on some buck eejit called Flanagan getting the job.
He was a repetitive tool on rte new interview tonight- but couldn't be any worse than shitter

We need a dictator as our politicians are siht
Michael Oleary !
;)