Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

tonto1888

Quote from: ONeill on January 25, 2023, 11:14:21 PM
Can't believe teachers are striking again. They wouldn't know a hard day's work. I suppose they're looking more money for their summer holidays in the Algarve for 3 months.

Would be well deserved

ONeill

Sitting in their houses at 3.30 every day. They don't even mark books any more.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jim Bob

And homework on the verge of being scrapped too .....

JoG2

Quote from: Jim Bob on January 27, 2023, 08:50:39 PM

Algebra first, couldn't grasp it the first time 'round, and I've wains looking help 30 years later, brutal craic

tonto1888

Quote from: Jim Bob on January 27, 2023, 08:50:39 PM

Homework is only helpful it it is useful. Schools produce homework timetables and teachers feel pressured to give homework because it's their day. That end sup in homework being given for homework's sake and isnt productive or useful.

seafoid

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 26, 2023, 03:47:50 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 26, 2023, 03:31:45 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 26, 2023, 11:39:36 AM
https://www.irishtimes.com/crime-law/courts/2023/01/26/enoch-burke-to-be-fined-700-daily-if-contempt-orders-to-stay-away-from-school-not-purged/

Dismissed teacher Enoch Burke will be fined €700 daily unless he purges his contempt of court orders to stay away from the Co Westmeath school where he taught for around four years, the High Court has ruled.

Mr Justice Brian O'Moore said Mr Burke is in clear contempt of the orders. He said Mr Burke has until 2pm on Friday to purge his contempt and if he does not, the fine will come into effect from then.

The fines, amounting to almost €5,000 a week, should persuade Mr Burke to end his "utterly pointless attendance at a school which does not want him on his property," he said. If the fine does not have that effect, it can be increased, the judge warned.

Judge would need to go back to school with that sort of Maths!
7*700 is €4900? Or is it only applying tk week days.
He is still going tomthe school and has racked up €9800 in fines
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

JimStynes

Quote from: seafoid on February 10, 2023, 08:02:52 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 26, 2023, 03:47:50 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on January 26, 2023, 03:31:45 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 26, 2023, 11:39:36 AM
https://www.irishtimes.com/crime-law/courts/2023/01/26/enoch-burke-to-be-fined-700-daily-if-contempt-orders-to-stay-away-from-school-not-purged/

Dismissed teacher Enoch Burke will be fined €700 daily unless he purges his contempt of court orders to stay away from the Co Westmeath school where he taught for around four years, the High Court has ruled.

Mr Justice Brian O'Moore said Mr Burke is in clear contempt of the orders. He said Mr Burke has until 2pm on Friday to purge his contempt and if he does not, the fine will come into effect from then.

The fines, amounting to almost €5,000 a week, should persuade Mr Burke to end his "utterly pointless attendance at a school which does not want him on his property," he said. If the fine does not have that effect, it can be increased, the judge warned.

Judge would need to go back to school with that sort of Maths!
7*700 is €4900? Or is it only applying tk week days.
He is still going tomthe school and has racked up €9800 in fines

Ignoring and giving zero publicity to a fella like that is the only answer.

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/crime-law/courts/2023/02/10/enoch-and-ammi-burke-removed-from-high-court-by-gardai/Siblings Enoch and Ammi Burke were physically removed from a courtroom by members of An Garda Síochána for interrupting proceedings before a High Court judge.

Garda intervention was required when the siblings refused to leave the courtroom after they were deemed by the presiding judge Mr Justice Brian O'Moore to be interrupting the court's busy list.

The judge later criticised the Burkes' action and said the best way to deal with their disruption, which lasted for two hours, was for "the court to get on with our business."

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RedHand88

Hopefully all the teachers in the North are up out of their beds and on the picket line this morning. And not taking advantage of a wee morning off.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 21, 2023, 09:34:29 AM
Hopefully all the teachers in the North are up out of their beds and on the picket line this morning. And not taking advantage of a wee morning off.

She didn't stir when I left this morning, she'd some marking to do though so probably still working, followed by a parents consultations!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kidder81

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 21, 2023, 09:50:19 AM

She didn't stir when I left this morning, she'd some marking to do though so probably still working, followed by a parents consultations!!

Sounds like those teachers you hear about on the news, working to 10pm every night, weekends etc  ;) 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kidder81 on February 21, 2023, 09:54:35 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 21, 2023, 09:50:19 AM

Sounds like those teachers you hear about on the news, working to 10pm every night, weekends etc  ;)

Never stops, hateful job wouldn't encourage anyone to do it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Did ye not see the tans of the teachers on the picket line after being in Spain and Portugal on their half term? More money my hole.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

delgany

Quote from: ONeill on February 24, 2023, 10:18:34 PM
Did ye not see the tans of the teachers on the picket line after being in Spain and Portugal on their half term? More money my hole.

Sure lookit, its only five weeks to the Easter hols. Hard to bate the holidays. Action Short of Strike is deadly !