Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

People who drink coffee at the cinema  ???
You'll Never Walk Alone.

milltown row

Quote from: youngfella on October 27, 2008, 12:04:47 AM
Old shites that play themselves instead of young lads, causing county finals to be lost.

tell me youngfella, did it happen to you?

ziggysego

Lying in bed most of the day sick, dreading another another day of work tomorrow because of this bug and the knowledge of the first snow is here tomorrow :(
Testing Accessibility

Handy

Quote from: ziggysego on October 27, 2008, 07:10:04 PM
Lying in bed most of the day sick, dreading another another day of work tomorrow because of this bug and the knowledge of the first snow is here tomorrow :(

Had it all weekend Ziggy - but still had to work, it's a bastard of a bug!

muppet

Quote from: youngfella on October 27, 2008, 12:04:47 AM
Old shites that play themselves instead of young lads, causing county finals to be lost.

First the bird, then the county final and now even old shites have stopped giving you the eye. Do you own shares?
MWWSI 2017

Puckoon

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 27, 2008, 07:01:04 PM

Is there some sort of problem with drinking a cup of coffee at the cinema?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Puckoon on October 27, 2008, 09:32:14 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 27, 2008, 07:01:04 PM

Is there some sort of problem with drinking a cup of coffee at the cinema?
Yeah, it's a bit weird.

Coming home this evening, dark and pouring down, and I near run over this silly bollocks standing on the middle of the road on a roundabout messing with chain (I assume) of his bicycle!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

peterquaife

Rick O'Shea on the wireless pronouncing Duke Special, Dook Special in his mid-Atlantic drawl...NO NO NO!

Hardy

Duke Special (who ain't that special) and the amount of exposure he gets on the wireless. His agent must have dodgy pictures of RTE producers. 

DrinkingHarp

Sydney pub row erupts after faeces found in icecream

1 hr 47 mins agoSYDNEY (Reuters) – A bitter row has broken out between one of Sydney's largest tourist pubs and a family of five who accused chefs of serving human excrement in their gelato after they complained about noise during a football match.

State government food minister Ian Macdonald confirmed on Wednesday that frozen faecal matter had been found in a serving of chocolate gelato offered to placate pub patron Steve Whyte and his wife Jessica, who became "violently ill" after eating it.

"The stench went through my nostrils, I retched and spat it into the napkin," Jessica Whyte told the Daily Telegraph newspaper, recounting what local media are calling "gelati-gate."

The tainted sweet was allegedly served up at the Coogee Bay Hotel, one of Sydney's largest and most popular beachfront hotels, located just a few minutes south of Bondi Beach.

The pub has denied serving excrement to the Whyte's after they complained they were unable to hear a televised football game due to loud music, with both the chef and restaurant manager volunteering for DNA tests to prove their innocence.

Both sides have accused the other of money seeking, with the Whyte's claiming they were offered A$5,000 (2,000 pounds) in hush money by pub General Manager Tony Williams, while they in turn were accused of trying to negotiate up to A$1 million in damages.

The argument over accusations of "kitchen revenge" has shocked Australians, leading into an expected searing, gelato-friendly summer, capturing national headlines for days.

Macdonald said DNA analysis would now be done to determine if the sample was of human or animal origin as police and food authorities investigate the case.

"Obviously, we are keeping an open mind and do not want to pre-empt this investigation in any manner," he said.

The eastern Sydney hotel is standing by staff and on Tuesday said its own lab tests on the chocolate gelato tub had found no evidence of contamination.

(Reporting by Rob Taylor; Editing by David Fox)

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Puckoon

Lose lose scenario there - either they did it, or their gelato tastes like shite.

ziggysego

Japanese man petitions to marry comic book wife

A JAPANESE man has enlisted hundreds of people in a campaign to allow marriages between humans and cartoon characters, saying he feels more at ease in the "two-dimensional world".

Comic books are immensely popular in Japan, with some fictional characters becoming celebrities or even sex symbols.

Marriage is meanwhile on the decline as many young Japanese find it difficult to find life partners.

Taichi Takashita launched an online petition aiming for one million signatures to present to the government to establish a law on marriages with cartoon characters.

Within a week he has gathered more than 1000 signatures through.

"I am no longer interested in three dimensions. I would even like to become a resident of the two-dimensional world," he wrote.

"However, that seems impossible with present-day technology. Therefore, at the very least, would it be possible to legally authorise marriage with a two-dimensional character?"

Befitting his desire to be two-dimensional, he listed no contact details, making it impossible to reach him for comment to explain if his campaign is serious or tongue-in-cheek.

But some people signing the petition are true believers.

"For a long time I have only been able to fall in love with two-dimensional people and currently I have someone I really love," one person wrote.

"Even if she is fictional, it is still loving someone. I would like to have legal approval for this system at any cost," the person wrote.

Japan only permits marriage between human men and women and gives no legal recognition to same-sex relationships.

Japan's fans of comic books, or "manga," sometimes go to extremes.

Earlier this month, a woman addicted to manga put out an online message seeking to kill her parents for asking her to throw away comic books that filled up three rooms.

Sourced news.com.au: http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,25642,24576437-5014239,00.html
Testing Accessibility