Donegal vs Armagh Ulster Championship 2022

Started by Armagh18, March 31, 2022, 10:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Let's park the league game now. This has potential to be some game. Key battle will be who can best stop the other teams main man i.e. Forker on Murphy and McCole or whoever gets the job of marking O'Neill.

Looking forward to this one big time!

seafoid

It's still March. It's too early to be talking about the championship.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

LCohen

A lot will depend on whether Donegal can get a pair of shorts to fit McBrearty

tbrick18

Quote from: LCohen on March 31, 2022, 11:26:56 AM

;D ;D

All things being equal with both sides at full strength Armagh will have the beating of Donegal.
Murphy not what he was and Donegal are not the same side without him.
Armagh have shown in the league that they have progressed. A big physical side that is defensively strong and have a much improved attack.

The suspensions, if upheld, will swing it back in Donegal's favour though.

marty34

Quote from: LCohen on March 31, 2022, 11:26:56 AM

I thought I read somewhere that Mc Brearty had played all Donegal's games this year - on that assumption, you'd think he'd be as fit as he ever should be?

J70

Despite the overall theme that Donegal haven't really been affected by the suspensions, the loss of McFadden-Ferry is a big blow. We are very light on effective man markers and we won't be able to replace him. Along with Brendan McCole, he's been our best player in the league.

And if McCole gets injured or has to go off through cards or whatever, we are definitely fucked with McGee the only replacement we have. Defense has been a big struggle for us the past few years.

And we are still missing several players further up the field who would usually be first choice.

Average Score

Dry them, currently Donegal are on the pigs back, sure two of the main men to mark won't be playing.

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on March 31, 2022, 11:23:59 AM
Starting in 2 and a half weeks seafín  ;)

I know. It's an abomination. Summer is for GAA.
I can't play this in late July and think of Mayo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeBTFjSUNMM

On the other hand the championship has been tinkered with 5 times in the last 6 season so maybe this will be dumped too.

J70

Quote from: Average Score on March 31, 2022, 12:20:15 PM
Dry them, currently Donegal are on the pigs back, sure two of the main men to mark won't be playing.

Merely making a point about the impact on the Donegal team.

Is that not allowed on this thread discussing the game?

bennydorano

No doubt Donegal have went a bit backwards the past couple of years, I thought there was an AI on the horizon a few years back but it's went a bit pear-shaped and Bonner's time has passed and they really need a new voice in there. While they are there for the taking for Armagh they are more than capable of beating us by 5 or 6 points on a good day.

If the suspensions don't give us a motivational edge I'd be very surprised, I honestly think we'll benefit from it.

I'm definitely a bit pessimistic by nature and always waiting to be let down by the various teams I support but I've no idea what way this going to go, it's as close to a 50/50 game as you're gonna get. Could be a big Summer ahead for the winner and a first round qualifier exit for the loser.

balladmaker

All being well, each of the suspensions will be appealed and overturned for what was nothing more than handbags and trial by RTE pundits.  Would like to see both teams having the opportunity to go at it full strength, as it has the makings of a cracker in Ballybofey.

seafoid

Armagh had a good start in D1 then faded somewhat.
Not sure about McGeeney.
Donegal have more experience.

Solo_run

We don't have the experience of winning in Ulster. We have failed numerous times to close out close games falling short on almost every occasion. The Donegal game will be the true acid test.