Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: Snapchap on August 17, 2022, 02:23:07 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2022, 02:19:37 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on August 17, 2022, 02:13:30 PM
Quote from: trailer on August 17, 2022, 02:11:17 PM
What's 300 dead bodies between enemies.

Stay classy.

Were the British Army terrorist, Trailer?

For me there a lot of terrorist acts carried out by the army, there was also a lot of normal duties carried out by the army on behalf of the governments that put them their.. Do you view the UVF as terrorists?

Either they are all terrorist or they were just combatants of a war.. A very dirty war, the saying one man's terrorist is another mans freedom fighter

If you were born up the street or around the corner or in another village based on your religion we'd be viewing things very different.

Accident of birth

Of course these things are complicated. The issue for trailer however, is that he posted a rigid definition of what makes a group "terrorist", and was most unequivocal in stating that he regarded the IRA as terrorists but yet seems determined to avoid answering whether or not the British Army were terrorists.

Firstly this requires a lot of explanation and I do not live on this board like yourself so here is a very brief answer, but in an ideal world and if I had more time on my hands I would like to develop the points further.
I can already pre-empt your response, West Brit, Stoop, Brit, and probably much worse, don't worry, I don't care. It's my opinion and view.

The British Army would say that they had the legitimacy from their government and of course that government was democratically elected so that would not make them a terrorist organisation per se. Whether you or I like it, they view the six counties as British. Did they commit awful crimes against the population here? Absolutely. Did they commit war crimes? Absolutely. Will they ever face justice? Not a chance and the exact same goes for the IRA.

The IRA deliberately target civilians no matter what you say. Detonating a bomb in a public space will kill innocent people. Only a buffoon would say it wouldn't regardless of who it was meant to target. The IRA also made use of Human Bombs. There is nothing that you can say that will ever justify what they did. And for what? To call a ceasefire and then administer British Power? It makes no sense to me.

Snapchap

Quote from: trailer on August 17, 2022, 02:45:35 PM
I do not live on this board like yourself
lol Is that right? You've been a member for four years less than I have and still managed to post 3,415 more posts than me.

Trailer:
Snapchap:

so here is a very brief answer, but in an ideal world and if I had more time on my hands I would like to develop the points further.
I can already pre-empt your response, West Brit, Stoop, Brit, and probably much worse, don't worry, I don't care. It's my opinion and view.

The British Army would say that they had the legitimacy from their government and of course that government was democratically elected so that would not make them a terrorist organisation per se.
I didn't ask if the British Army would view itself as a terrorist organisation. I asked if you view them as such. You were able to give a one word reply to whether the IRA were terrorists. Why don't you do the same for the British Army?

The IRA deliberately target civilians no matter what you say. Detonating a bomb in a public space will kill innocent people. Only a buffoon would say it wouldn't regardless of who it was meant to target. The IRA also made use of Human Bombs. There is nothing that you can say that will ever justify what they did. And for what? To call a ceasefire and then administer British Power? It makes no sense to me.
The IRA actively targeted civilians in a miniscule proportion of instances though, that's the bit you don't seem to want to accept because that would leave your narrative in tatters. As I said, they are estimated to have detonated 19,000 IEDs with only around 1% of these resulting in civilian deaths. Most of those were not deliberate. If you call them terrorists because of the number of civilians they targeted, then it's all the more baffling that you refuse to call the British Army terrorists, given that a majority of it's victims actually were civilians.

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2022, 02:27:23 PM

Stay classy.

For me there a lot of terrorist acts carried out by the army, there was also a lot of normal duties carried out by the army on behalf of the governments that put them their.. Do you view the UVF as terrorists?

Either they are all terrorist or they were just combatants of a war.. A very dirty war, the saying one man's terrorist is another mans freedom fighter

If you were born up the street or around the corner or in another village based on your religion we'd be viewing things very different.

Accident of birth

Of course these things are complicated. The issue for trailer however, is that he posted a rigid definition of what makes a group "terrorist", and was most unequivocal in stating that he regarded the IRA as terrorists but yet seems determined to avoid answering whether or not the British Army were terrorists.

Like I said they (not all) carried out some wicked terrorists attacks, I'd have been witness to some of that... But the regular squaddie was just trying to keep his head down and get his tour done and out ta feck..

Reads like a statement from the nio office.

Keeping the peace between two warring factions.

A few rotten eggs...ffs.

marty34

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 17, 2022, 01:23:04 PM
Quote from: marty34 on August 17, 2022, 01:01:17 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 17, 2022, 12:45:08 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on August 17, 2022, 12:32:39 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 17, 2022, 12:10:18 PM
We didnt kill 2000 we only killed 1700 lol

Remember when the British Army and RUC conspired to erroneously place the blame for the McGurks Bar massacre on the IRA? 15 people died and families spent 40 years campaigning for the state to admit that it deliberately lied about who was responsible? The truth about who was responsible for what is actually important to people. And when you call me "sick" and a "gimp" for calling out the specific lie you and trailer attempted to peddle about the deaths of around 300 people, it makes me wonder were the 15 who died at McGurks Bar among the 300 victims you think it's ok to lie about.

You are making absolutely no sense. You didnt call out any specifics and I didnt peddle anything or dispute any figures, you are the only one doing that, only to  get a a political party, you are more interested in that than anything else, mask slipped, shallow and heartless. Anois imigh leat

Dont dispute figures with Fear.

"Biggest landlord party in the North, not sure about the south. Very few dont have a second home in Donegal, hard on an industrial wage".

Re: SF a few months backs and when asked to come up numbers a few times etc. unsurprising he didn't/couldn't.

Caught spoofing on the price of student rooms/houses in the Holylands a while back also until a few lads pulled him up on it.

Once again I ask, if the Wolfe Tones are cancelled, what other groups/bands do get cancelled?

Are we going to do a list of songs that are allowed? Which ones are allowed and not allowed?

Do up a list.

Spoofing is a wee bit of an exaggeration. Anyhow you are another boy who would shite in his pants and sit in them all day if SF asked. You probably call MMcG "Our Chieftain" Redner

What an embarrassing post.

Caught spoofing a few times and when called out on it, retorts with childish insults.

trailer

Quote from: Snapchap on August 17, 2022, 03:07:42 PM
lol Is that right? You've been a member for four years less than I have and still managed to post 3,415 more posts than me.

Trailer:
Snapchap:

so here is a very brief answer, but in an ideal world and if I had more time on my hands I would like to develop the points further.

The British Army would say that they had the legitimacy from their government and of course that government was democratically elected so that would not make them a terrorist organisation per se.
I didn't ask if the British Army would view itself as a terrorist organisation. I asked if you view them as such. You were able to give a one word reply to whether the IRA were terrorists. Why don't you do the same for the British Army?

The IRA actively targeted civilians in a miniscule proportion of instances though, that's the bit you don't seem to want to accept because that would leave your narrative in tatters. As I said, they are estimated to have detonated 19,000 IEDs with only around 1% of these resulting in civilian deaths. Most of those were not deliberate. If you call them terrorists because of the number of civilians they targeted, then it's all the more baffling that you refuse to call the British Army terrorists, given that a majority of it's victims actually were civilians.

Like if you seriously can't see what is wrong with this statement I despair.

The IRA wasn't even any good as a terror group. They achieved exactly zero of its aims unless they were to just casually murder people, sell drugs and rob banks. They certainly didn't "get the brits out" which was their sole aim.
They were riddled with informers. Many were on the British Army's payroll. Scap, Donaldson, McGartland.  And that's only who we know about who else was informing that we didn't know about? How did the SAS know about Loughgall?

And gobshites going around singing songs about them? I would f**king deny I knew anything about them!

Snapchap

Quote from: trailer on August 17, 2022, 03:24:49 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on August 17, 2022, 03:07:42 PM

Trailer:
Snapchap:

Like if you seriously can't see what is wrong with this statement I despair.

The IRA wasn't even any good as a terror group. They achieved exactly zero of its aims unless they were to just casually murder people, sell drugs and rob banks. They certainly didn't "get the brits out" which was their sole aim.
They were riddled with informers. Many were on the British Army's payroll. Scap, Donaldson, McGartland.  And that's only who we know about who else was informing that we didn't know about? How did the SAS know about Loughgall?

And gobshites going around singing songs about them? I would f**king deny I knew anything about them!

Asked yet again to give YOUR opinion on whether the British Army were terrorists, and all you can do, again, is go on a rant about the IRA. Enough waffling. Answer the question once and for all.

Kidder81

Snapchap has put in some shift since the weekend

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: marty34 on August 17, 2022, 03:20:08 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 17, 2022, 01:23:04 PM
Quote from: marty34 on August 17, 2022, 01:01:17 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 17, 2022, 12:45:08 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on August 17, 2022, 12:32:39 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 17, 2022, 12:10:18 PM
We didnt kill 2000 we only killed 1700 lol

Remember when the British Army and RUC conspired to erroneously place the blame for the McGurks Bar massacre on the IRA? 15 people died and families spent 40 years campaigning for the state to admit that it deliberately lied about who was responsible? The truth about who was responsible for what is actually important to people. And when you call me "sick" and a "gimp" for calling out the specific lie you and trailer attempted to peddle about the deaths of around 300 people, it makes me wonder were the 15 who died at McGurks Bar among the 300 victims you think it's ok to lie about.

You are making absolutely no sense. You didnt call out any specifics and I didnt peddle anything or dispute any figures, you are the only one doing that, only to  get a a political party, you are more interested in that than anything else, mask slipped, shallow and heartless. Anois imigh leat

Dont dispute figures with Fear.

"Biggest landlord party in the North, not sure about the south. Very few dont have a second home in Donegal, hard on an industrial wage".

Re: SF a few months backs and when asked to come up numbers a few times etc. unsurprising he didn't/couldn't.

Caught spoofing on the price of student rooms/houses in the Holylands a while back also until a few lads pulled him up on it.

Once again I ask, if the Wolfe Tones are cancelled, what other groups/bands do get cancelled?

Are we going to do a list of songs that are allowed? Which ones are allowed and not allowed?

Do up a list.

Spoofing is a wee bit of an exaggeration. Anyhow you are another boy who would shite in his pants and sit in them all day if SF asked. You probably call MMcG "Our Chieftain" Redner

What an embarrassing post.

Caught spoofing a few times and when called out on it, retorts with childish insults.

Another big pair of knickers

Snapchap

Quote from: Kidder81 on August 17, 2022, 03:43:01 PM
Snapchap has put in some shift since the weekend
Just trying to reach Trailer levels of posts. Well maybe not Trailer. He seems to live on the board.

Throw It Up Ref

Can we not just agree that different people will have different views on the topic?  ;D

It just shows the level of disparity in views held within our own community never mind cross community.

Snapchap

Quote from: Throw It Up Ref on August 17, 2022, 03:49:33 PM
Can we not just agree that different people will have different views on the topic?  ;D

It just shows the level of disparity in views held within our own community never mind cross community.

Of course we can agree that people have different views. The problem is that Trailer won't actually state his view is whether the British Army are terrorists!

theskull1

Does anyone think they could convince small u unionists (the ones we want to work with to bring about in a United Ireland of equals) that they shouldn't really have an negative visceral reaction when they hear Oh ah up the ra songs sung by thousands of the next generation of nationalists.

As I've said ... some things should be left in the past if we want to bring about the future we'd all like to see. My worry is we're cutting our nose off to spite our faces the same as hardline unionism is doing.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on August 17, 2022, 03:13:27 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2022, 02:27:23 PM

Stay classy.

Accident of birth

Like I said they (not all) carried out some wicked terrorists attacks, I'd have been witness to some of that... But the regular squaddie was just trying to keep his head down and get his tour done and out ta feck..

Reads like a statement from the nio office.

Keeping the peace between two warring factions.

A few rotten eggs...ffs.

Ok let me ask you a question did you back all the acts carried out by the IRA
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: theskull1 on August 17, 2022, 03:54:47 PM
Does anyone think they could convince small u unionists (the ones we want to work with to bring about in a United Ireland of equals) that they shouldn't really have an negative visceral reaction when they hear Oh ah up the ra songs sung by thousands of the next generation of nationalists.

As I've said ... some things should be left in the past if we want to bring about the future we'd all like to see. My worry is we're cutting our nose off to spite our faces the same as hardline unionism is doing.

It's all about compromise. To make the whole place work we all have to make compromises. At the minute it's not even the small u Unionists who have to buy into the notion of a new Ireland, it's a lot of southern minds and middle of the road nationalists in the north who may not necessarily agree with a lot of what is going on. The demographic over the next 10 years will see a shift to a Protestant/unionist minority, but only a minimal minority. While the GFA may state 50% + 1 the reality is that will not work, as can be seen by Brexit. There needs to be a wider buy in and that all starts with optics, win the hearts and minds. Let the hard line unionists keep going the road they are going,  it's a road to no town. The reality is that once there is a majority who will vote for a UI, by law it has to happen. Law does not win hearts and minds though and that's where the work needs to be done

markl121

Brexit was still forced on us and is here to stay.