Feile an Phobail

Started by StGallsGAA, August 11, 2016, 11:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kidder81

Let's bin the "dance night too, loads of pissed up/E'd up underage teens

marty34

Quote from: trailer on August 15, 2022, 01:11:30 PM
The Feile could turn in the Nationalist Twelfth. AKA a hatefest. Which is a pity as from what I can gather it is a pretty well run festival that is overshadowed by this shite every year.

FFS.

Ok Jamie, whatever you say.

illdecide

The Tones won't be able to play/perform that's if they're still alive by the time Casement is built so you won't have to worry about them playing there.

I'd say 50% of the people in attendance were under 22 and majority of them don't even know what they're singing about...they're there for a good time and to get off their faces on whatever they use.

My mate from Larne sent me the photo of the two Larne players at the festival...One was dressed with no colours at all the other in full green, white & orange top with Tiocfaidh Ar La written across it in the shape of an Armalite which won't go down well in Larne but it'll blow over in a few weeks
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Eire90

that larne player seems to have no awareness people have phones everywhere these days did he not think someone might get a photo of it and he plays for larne not exactly a republican friendly place.

trailer

Quote from: illdecide on August 15, 2022, 01:22:45 PM
The Tones won't be able to play/perform that's if they're still alive by the time Casement is built so you won't have to worry about them playing there.

I'd say 50% of the people in attendance were under 22 and majority of them don't even know what they're singing about...they're there for a good time and to get off their faces on whatever they use.

My mate from Larne sent me the photo of the two Larne players at the festival...One was dressed with no colours at all the other in full green, white & orange top with Tiocfaidh Ar La written across it in the shape of an Armalite which won't go down well in Larne but it'll blow over in a few weeks

It definitely won't blow over. He'll not play for Larne again and might not play Irish League again.

trailer

Quote from: marty34 on August 15, 2022, 01:10:47 PM
Féile 2022
*100,000 People in Attendance
*350 Events *
85 Debates and Discussions
*28 Art Exhibitions                   
*4 10,000 Person Concerts

From Féile's Twitter account.

Not bad at all (considering what was going on 35+ years ago in West Belfast and surrounding area) I think.

Unfortunately, Screen Exile and the likes will focus on one thing in particular, out of the thousands of things that was on this past week or so.

Wolfe Tones are definately not my thing but the demand is there obviously. Sold out in record time.

Next thing is some of you'll want Grace and Come Out You Black and Tans banned.  :o

This proves my point. Lots of positives but overshadowed by stupidity. Glorification of terrorism isn't ok. We wouldn't accept it if it was any other terrorist organisation they were singing about.

theskull1

QuoteWolfe Tones are definately not my thing but the demand is there obviously. Sold out in record time.

Theres obviously a demand for Para flags.... is this really an argument for keeping with traditions which alienate? Have we learned nothing looking at 'themmuns' and their antics?

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: theskull1 on August 15, 2022, 01:26:24 PM
QuoteWolfe Tones are definately not my thing but the demand is there obviously. Sold out in record time.

Theres obviously a demand for Para flags.... is this really an argument for keeping with traditions which alienate? Have we learned nothing looking at 'themmuns' and their antics?

Excellent reply

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Cant take Kneecap at all. Glorifying drugs, violence and anti social behaviour. Knew one of the lads before he was in band-not very friendly tbh

marty34

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 15, 2022, 01:32:26 PM
Cant take Kneecap at all. Glorifying drugs, violence and anti social behaviour. Knew one of the lads before he was in band-not very friendly tbh

I'm sure they'll be gutted to hear this.

marty34

Quote from: trailer on August 15, 2022, 01:26:09 PM
Féile 2022
*350 Events *
*28 Art Exhibitions                   

Not bad at all (considering what was going on 35+ years ago in West Belfast and surrounding area) I think.

Unfortunately, Screen Exile and the likes will focus on one thing in particular, out of the thousands of things that was on this past week or so.

Wolfe Tones are definately not my thing but the demand is there obviously. Sold out in record time.

Next thing is some of you'll want Grace and Come Out You Black and Tans banned.  :o

This proves my point. Lots of positives but overshadowed by stupidity. Glorification of terrorism isn't ok. We wouldn't accept it if it was any other terrorist organisation they were singing about.

Define terrorist.

Estimator

Féile 2022
*350 Events *
*28 Art Exhibitions                   

Reminds me of this old joke:

Giuseppe and Luigi are sitting on the bluff overlooking the village and harbor below.
Giuseppe turns to Luigi and says...
"Luigi, look down on the village below.
"You built almost every house in the village.
"And you, they call 'Luigi the House Builder.'
"Now, look down at the harbor.
"See all those boats there?
"I built almost every one of them.
"So, you think they'd call me 'Giuseppe the Boat Builder,' right?
"But you f**k one goat..."

Ulster League Champions 2009

clarshack

just seen that he played 2 games for Celtic. i'd never heard of him until today.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Well Im fluent gaeilge speaker but aye I dont do drugs or smash and burn stuff for the craic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: marty34 on August 15, 2022, 01:37:44 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on August 15, 2022, 01:32:26 PM

I'm sure they'll be gutted to hear this.

You are just the sort of tit who be into them though, I kook forward to the day when you find out you wain blasts