Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Sad story this one. Suicide apparently... am old enough to remember Marie and Donny and Jimmy doing their thing way back...

Marie Osmond's teenage son dies  

The 18-year-old son of American singer Marie Osmond, has died, a spokesman for the family has said. Marie Osmond had eight children.
Ms Osmond, 50, said in a statement that her family was "devastated and in deep shock by the tragic loss" of her son Michael Blosil.
News reports from the US suggested he committed suicide by jumping from an apartment building in Los Angeles.
Marie and her brother Donny hosted the popular TV variety programme the Donny & Marie Show in the late 1970s.
The Los Angeles coroner's office said the death was being investigated.

Minder

TV presenter Kristian Digby has been found dead in his home in what police have described as "unexplained circumstances".

Mr Digby, 32, was a presenter on several BBC shows, including Double Agents, Living in the Sun, House Swap and Buy It, Sell It, Bank It.

He also appeared on GMTV.

He was pronounced dead at the scene when ambulance services arrived at his flat in Newham, east London, this morning.

Police said they were called to the address by another person at the property.

A spokesman said: "Police were called to reports of a body of a man in his 30s found at an address in Richford Road, E15.

"Ambulance services attended and life was pronounced extinct. Next of kin were informed and we await formal identification.

"There will be a post-mortem at 12 noon at East Ham mortuary."

Newham CID are investigating the circumstances of the death.

A BBC statement said: "Kristian was a much-loved and talented presenter for BBC Daytime. He brought a real sense of energy and warmth to all the shows he presented for us and will be sorely missed. Our thoughts are with his family at this very difficult time."

Kristian's agent and friend Jo Wander said: "I am devastated by the loss. He was a lovely guy and a very talented presenter and director. I will miss him hugely and my thoughts at this time are with his family and his many friends. He will be sorely missed."

Hundreds of people tweeted and wrote Facebook condolences after Sky broke the news of Mr Digby's death.

"Shocked by news of Kristian Digby's death. We shook hands last Monday at event in Worcester. He seemed lovely and was great keynote speaker," one tweet said.

"So sad to hear of his death, he's certainly gone too soon - seemed so nice I'll miss seeing him on my TV," wrote another.

"Daytime TV won't be the same," wrote a fan on Facebook.

As well as being a presenter, Mr Digby also directed films and television programmes.

He won a junior Bafta in 1997 for his short film Words Of Deception and directed programmes such as Home Front, Fantasy Rooms, She's Gotta Have It, Girls On Top and The Ozone.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

longrunsthefox

It would be sureal if someone put their own name on this and died a few hours later or better someone elses name who died suddenly soon after. Suicides and murders would be cheating tho and would have to be an unexpected death.   

muppet

Any shred of integrity that Tyrone's Own & Stew might have had.
MWWSI 2017

longrunsthefox

I know a woman who recieved a letter from a dead woman as she died hours after posting it. Must have been a bit freaky. 

muppet

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 01, 2010, 11:18:41 PM
I know a woman who recieved a letter from a dead woman as she died hours after posting it. Must have been a bit freaky.

Apparently the iphone 5Gs will have afterlife email capability. Could be interesting in, for example, murder cases.
MWWSI 2017

longrunsthefox

Quote from: muppet on March 01, 2010, 11:25:15 PM

Apparently the iphone 5Gs will have afterlife email capability. Could be interesting in, for example, murder cases.

That's it!! I'm an old man... I've no idea wat the f** a iphone 5G is   :'(

ziggysego

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 01, 2010, 11:27:18 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 01, 2010, 11:25:15 PM

That's it!! I'm an old man... I've no idea wat the f** a iphone 5G is   :'(

I've seen your phone. I'm not a bit surprised you don't know what an iPhone 5G is.
Testing Accessibility

Jen Cui

Poor oul Frank died...  :(

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Tyrones own

Quote from: muppet on March 01, 2010, 11:06:27 PM

Seriously hi, if any of ye know where Muppets Mum lives, run over there quick FFS and check on him
..he's gone delirious on us here :o
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

muppet

Quote from: Tyrones own on March 02, 2010, 04:05:33 AM
Quote from: muppet on March 01, 2010, 11:06:27 PM

Seriously hi, if any of ye know where Muppets Mum lives, run over there quick FFS and check on him
..he's gone delirious on us here :o

If you insist on smearing me then at least have the balls to publish what you accuse me of writing. Except of course it isn't real is it?
MWWSI 2017

ziggysego

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Tom "T-Bone" Wolk, the mainstay bassist of Hall & Oates' band for nearly 30 years, has died of an apparent heart attack. He was 58.

The band's manager, Jonathan Wolfson, says Wolk died Sunday in Pawling, N.Y., where he had been recording a solo album with Daryl Hall.

Wolk joined Hall & Oates in 1981. He was also a member of the "Saturday Night Live" house band in 1986-92 and performed with numerous other musicians, including Carly Simon, Billy Joel and Avril Lavigne.

Wolfson says Wolk was preparing to appear Monday with Hall & Oates on "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon."

Search: T-Bone Wolk
View results for: T-Bone Wolk Hall & Oates On his Web site, Wolk described himself as "that guy with the hat" who people had seen performing with Hall & Oates since 1981. In later years he also became the band's music director.

"Daryl used to refer to him as the ampersand in Hall & Oates," said Wolfson, adding both members of the duo were crushed by the loss.

"It's not if I will go on, but how," Hall said in a statement. "T-Bone was one of the most sensitive and good human beings that I have ever known."

Oates called him "peerless."

"Any instrument that he touched resonated with a sensitivity and skill level that I have never experienced while playing with any other musician," Oates said. "He possessed an encyclopedic knowledge of styles and musical history which he referenced to support all the artists that he played with over the years.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Former British MP, Winston Churchill died today.
Testing Accessibility

longrunsthefox

Quote from: ziggysego on March 02, 2010, 02:43:03 PM
Former British MP, Winston Churchill died today.

WhatyoutalkingaboutZig?  ???