Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone exile

GlenMan

Someone upload the video to https://gofile.io/uploadFiles and share the link please!

RedHand88

Hearing a former county player has said the whatsapp messages are not true

southtyronegael

Someone send me the fuckin stuff before I break this phone into shite.

RedHand88

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 11, 2020, 08:54:00 PM

Its juicy stuff alright STG. Your day of days may not be that far off... maybe.

Jim Bob

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 11, 2020, 08:54:00 PM

Phone broke yet?

ONeill

Saw Lenny Harbinson scooting around Ballygawley roundabout earlier.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jim Bob

Big Art was walking his dogs around Garvaghey the other night.....mmmmmm

In hiding

Rumour is that Mickey may have to apply to be Tyrone manager

southtyronegael

Quote from: In hiding on November 11, 2020, 09:23:06 PM
I'd say this will happen. And surprise surprise no one will run against him.

RedHand88

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 11, 2020, 09:25:50 PM
Quote from: In hiding on November 11, 2020, 09:23:06 PM
I'd say this will happen. And surprise surprise no one will run against him.

Why don't you run? If Harte is as hated as you think you'd have no problem getting a following.

RedHand88

Jim Gavin seen buying a packet of monster munch from McDades this evening, heard it from a good source.

southtyronegael

Guess what we do know is that harte is not going to do the right thing and just step down, not that I ever thought he would. Things look like getting very messy and there will be no winners at the end unfortunately.

Angelo

Quote from: hardstation on November 11, 2020, 09:44:52 PM
I'm thinking about the throngs of Tyrone talented forwards who aren't making themselves available due to Harte's negative tactics stifling them maximising their potential. The talk of Jim McGuinness must have their mouths watering.

Those talented forwards who aren't making themselves available are unlikely to find an upturn in fortunes when a new manager comes in. You can only fit some many small, slight forwards in a team at any given time.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

TwoUpTwoDown

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 11, 2020, 09:42:56 PM
Guess what we do know is that harte is not going to do the right thing and just step down, not that I ever thought he would. Things look like getting very messy and there will be no winners at the end unfortunately.

The right thing? He is of the belief that he still is the right man for the job. What is it that makes you certain it's the right thing? Mickey may have ran his race for Tyrone and history will reflect favourably on him. But for you to constantly spout negativity towards him, yet happily jump on the band wagon when momentum built, is nothing short of pathetic.

For any rational sensible poster, when you reflect on our record since 08, I don't honestly think you can say with any real honesty that we have been underachievers. Is there any genuine year when you thought that one got away? Mickey instilled a culture of winning and not accepting anything else. That is ultimately what is causing some of the negative rhetoric towards him.

2014 aside, I genuinely don't think we have exited the championship at the hands of a vastly inferior team. People regularly throw the line of we haven't beat Mayo, Kerry or Dublin etc. But could it be that we just were a level below those sides?

We don't have to search too far back in Tyrone history to see just how lucky we are to be constantly dining at the top table. Days like Derry in 97 and Sligo 02 etc just don't happen now. We are very fortunate to have had so many wonderful days following Tyrone, and maybe it might take for a spell away from that top table to realise what we had.

Mickey's journey might be up and if that's the case so be it. But some of the (and often times personal) negativity on here isn't warranted. Mickey Harte and Tyrone have given us some of the best days in our lives. Days that we never thought  would come. I for one am thankful to him.