The Open 2017

Started by Boycey, July 17, 2017, 01:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Almost upon us again, it's definitely one of my favourite sporting events every year.

It's one of the most open Opens  :D I can remember with most bookies going 14/1 the field... I haven't really studied the betting yet but will have a few speculations. I'm not sure what the forecast is but if it's calm I might chance Rory, he's in a similar vein of form as he was the last time he won it when I'd a decent few quid on him at 20s!

TheOptimist

Was thinking McIlroy, he hit 3 under on the front 9 on Friday, which shows hes not far of. Think I seen him at 16 this morning. Got Harrington at 50/1. Discount Saturday there and he's in great form.

Esmarelda

McIllroy available at 18/1. Paddy Power paying eight places.

magpie seanie

take_yer_points

Quote from: Esmarelda on July 17, 2017, 02:14:02 PM

Skybet paying 10 places. McIlroy 18/1 with them as well

I'm going with Patrick Reed - 66/1

Esmarelda

Quote from: take_yer_points on July 17, 2017, 02:21:01 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on July 17, 2017, 02:14:02 PM

Skybet paying 10 places. McIlroy 18/1 with them as well

I'm going with Patrick Reed - 66/1
Yeah well Boylesports have him at 20/1  ;D

Minder

Not too many have won a major with the form McIlroy has coming into it
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

screenexile

Quote from: Minder on July 17, 2017, 02:33:53 PM
Not too many have won a major with the form McIlroy has coming into it

I think it's too soon for him. The USPGA is made for him though as can be seen by the very low odds on him. He hasn't got his game going yet as he hasn't played enough competitions and he definitely needs to hang on for a few weekends before I'd be punting him.

Harrington bound to be worth a sneaky bet his form is OK and it's a course that suits him! Sergio I think won't do much more having won the Masters although DJ and Spieth are sure to be there or thereabouts as well.

Looking forward to it as well I'm sick of losing money on golf I might just leave the gambling this time!

Rois

Will be there on Saturday and Sunday, and find that the one player I really hope is there is Harrington - have resigned myself to the very real risk that Rory won't even make the cut.

Weather looking a bit showery for those days - a bit far out I know but not looking great for spectators  :(

Boycey

michaelg

Orior

Put your money on the likes of Alex Noren or Justin Thomas
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Boycey

Sky are live from the course every afternoon this week, they just gave a not very positive weather forecast with it getting gradually more windy and showery over the weekend..

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Boycey on July 17, 2017, 04:45:35 PM
Sky are live from the course every afternoon this week, they just gave a not very positive weather forecast with it getting gradually more windy and showery over the weekend..
Big Dazza nailed on again. O'Neill will be lumping on.

gerrykeegan

Poulter and Kuchar are my main 2. Backed a few mad outsiders also.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)