You can take the boy out of Tyrone

Started by DuffleKing, April 09, 2018, 08:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

I think it proves we're well able to laugh at ourselves now and not take things so seriously.

I find it hilarious how fans from Derry, Armagh and even Meath have so little to talk about that the slightest crumb that falls from the master's table they snap it up and make "a meal out of it".

As Mickey Harte said to me last weekend in Croker, "Sure they'll believe what they want to believe Fuzz, so let them at it".

I can see Brolly, Spillane and O'Rourke all already set up with their previous footage of incidents between Tyrone and Monaghan, ready for a good old moan about the standard of Ulster football and how they are all out to stop each other play whereas Meath will roll over again and get their bellies tickled to the Dubs in early June.

screenexile

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 11, 2018, 11:52:08 AM
Exactly BennyH. I think it's a get out clause.
Still the Derry lads are right (AGAIN)

That Tyrone team have won three All Irelands on the back of cheating, diving, biting (apparently) and dragging men down. Most cynical team ever and have a bad smile that follows them everywhere, unlike the new modern Meath and Derry and Leitrim.  8)

At least the Dubs and Kerry can never be accused of any "dark arts" or diving etc. When they win AIs they win them fair and square with no skullduggery.
Still its better to be a nice clean team in Div 4 than a nearly team in Div 1 with a bad smell.

We could learn a lot from our neighbours. At least their club scene is in good fettle now they've sent Barton back to Tyrone.

And what did the savages do to him over the weekend??!!!

QED

Therealdonald

Quote from: screenexile on April 12, 2018, 04:46:01 PM

That Tyrone team have won three All Irelands on the back of cheating, diving, biting (apparently) and dragging men down. Most cynical team ever and have a bad smile that follows them everywhere, unlike the new modern Meath and Derry and Leitrim.  8)

At least the Dubs and Kerry can never be accused of any "dark arts" or diving etc. When they win AIs they win them fair and square with no skullduggery.
Still its better to be a nice clean team in Div 4 than a nearly team in Div 1 with a bad smell.

We could learn a lot from our neighbours. At least their club scene is in good fettle now they've sent Barton back to Tyrone.

And what did the savages do to him over the weekend??!!!

QED

Screenexile Id suggest you do your research on this one. Barton only got what was coming to him.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Jinxy on April 12, 2018, 03:33:14 PM

If this thread proves one thing, it is that it doesn't take much to get a Tyrone man to bite.  :)

The thing I admire most about all other counties in Ireland is that their supporters, especially on here, never bite when derogatory comments are made about their county.
That was never a square ball!!

armaghniac

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 13, 2018, 09:01:51 AM

If this thread proves one thing, it is that it doesn't take much to get a Tyrone man to bite.  :)

The thing I admire most about all other counties in Ireland is that their supporters, especially on here, never bite when derogatory comments are made about their county.

It is much easier for other country supporters, as the derogatory comments are usually not true.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Therealdonald

Quote from: armaghniac on April 13, 2018, 09:49:07 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on April 13, 2018, 09:01:51 AM

It is much easier for other country supporters, as the derogatory comments are usually not true.

I'd take this from anyone but an Armagh man. I remember well the battles in Clones between ourselves, and the Buckfast mob were in full steam so people in glass houses and all that. McKenna made a massive mistake, he's banned end of story. At least he had the sense to do something stupid it in a league game, not like Marsden....

trileacman

Anyone think the ban was very lenient?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Fuzzman

Yeah I thought that too TM but maybe it affects his waged big time or maybe first offence
I'm not at all condoning it but you'd wonder what the other lad was at to wind him up that much to do that or was Conor the instigator.

Did any of ye see any footage of it?

TabClear

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 16, 2018, 02:15:15 PM
Yeah I thought that too TM but maybe it affects his waged big time or maybe first offence
I'm not at all condoning it but you'd wonder what the other lad was at to wind him up that much to do that or was Conor the instigator.

Did any of ye see any footage of it?

Only saw photographs, not video. Cant see it being any worse than the normal sledging/holding/handbags that goes on in AFL so a bizarre reaction from McKenna. Does seem pretty lenient but in general AFL bans are.

Essendon turned in thier best performance of the season without him, beating Poirt who were the only undefeated team left prior to the game (after only 3 rounds !)

Jinxy

Quote from: trileacman on April 14, 2018, 12:05:00 AM
Anyone think the ban was very lenient?

Three weeks off to surf and work on his mullet.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fuzzman

Have any of ye seen him play over there?
Is he a defender?
Was that not surprising or is it like rugby where the backs do all the scoring?

Jinxy

He's basically a wing-back.
Most of the Irish lads seem to end up in that position (they call it a half-back flanker), as it suits their existing skill set and athletic ability.
Might kick the odd goal, but the pitch is a mile long so his role would primarily be to transition at speed out of defence and drive it long into the forwards.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

trileacman

Quote from: Jinxy on April 17, 2018, 01:14:14 PM
Most of the Irish lads seem to end up in that position (they call it a half-back flanker), as it suits their existing skill set and athletic ability.
Might kick the odd goal, but the pitch is a mile long so his role would primarily be to transition at speed out of defence and drive it long into the forwards.

What are the forwards like? Just hulking great slabs of meat like barry hall?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Main Street

It was a case of a Tyrone man bites dog.

From the linked article https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/bomber-could-be-in-hot-water-over-alleged-bite-20180409-p4z8i9.html
'It's understood Dickson claimed McKenna bit him after the Irishman was run down by the Dog'.

TabClear

Quote from: trileacman on April 17, 2018, 09:05:04 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on April 17, 2018, 01:14:14 PM

What are the forwards like? Just hulking great slabs of meat like barry hall?

Most teams will typically have 2-3 key forwards who are the six foot plus monsters they they pump high balls into. Generally they will have 3 or four smaller forwards as well who are the skill players and mop up breaking ball, chase back etc. They are all serious athletes though!