Who’s Been Cancelled??

Started by screenexile, June 20, 2020, 11:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Quote from: screenexile on January 16, 2021, 04:50:57 PM
Justin Thomas has had his sponsorship with Ralph Lauren cancelled because he said fa**ot when he missed a putt!
why don't they let us hear what nfl and nba players are saying ? Wouldn't be many left to cancel after a few games I'd say .

clarshack

Gina Carano

A pity as I really liked her character in the Mandalorian.

Mikhail Prokhorov

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: clarshack on February 11, 2021, 02:46:24 PM
Gina Carano

A pity as I really liked her character in the Mandalorian.

Pity as she was good to look at too. Some people on social media just cant help themselves though. She should have stopped over the mask issue, then she should have stopped over the trans issue, then over Trump but she kept going until it cost her her job and likely future acting carer.

Main Street

Gmac

GiveItToTheShooters

tonto1888

Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 15, 2021, 09:12:33 PM
Quote from: restorepride on January 15, 2021, 07:45:19 PM
Lár na Páirce, a chara!

Do I agree with Sid?!  As you correctly state - sin ceist eile!  I do not agree that RTÉ should have had to issue an apology. If the sketch had been this weekend, after the Mother-and-Baby-Homes Report, I doubt if Archbishop Martin would have spoken on the matter at all.

We are an Irish-speaking family.  If we felt that you are mocking our language by bastardising the spelling of Lár na Páirce, would you feel a need to apologise for the hurt caused?!
M'anam ón diabhal, you had me worried afor a while but I had made that  clear from the start when I responded to sid and the rest, as the old saying goes, is history.
The origin of my handle goes back to the day I was stuck in a pub watching a Railway Cup game on TV.
Mar is eol duit, the commentary was as Gaeilge.
The guy sitting beside me was one mean looking individual. Six feet plus and built like a tank, the tight crew cut was a giveaway. An American marine was my neighbour and I felt slightly uneasy in case he objected to my presence in any way. I had sat down before I noticed that there were empty seats on either side of him.
I felt unsettled by his presence as he sat there glued to the box. His expression never changed but I could see from his eye movements that he was following the game closely.
All the time, for the duration of the game, he did not utter a word, just signalled to the barman when he wanted a refill. The drink was neat whiskey and the refills came every ten minutes or so. Not a word all the while from mo dhuine.
I was relieved when the game ended and I went to stand up.
The yank beat me to it.
He stood up, polished off his last drink and turned to me, looking me straight in the eye.
"Friend, I don't know what that game is about and I sure caan't follow the lingo but I'll tell you what..."
He put down the glass and then said , " there sure is one thing I do know and that Lar guy is one hell of a player."
He could see that I couldn't understand. I could sense he was a little bit annoyed so I wasn't going to disagree with him.
"Oh, I see what you mean I said. Which Lar did you have in mind?"
He looked at me as if I was a born fool, which I felt I was and was feeling more so by each passing second.
"Which Lar,?"  sez he, " there was only one standout player in that game and that was Lar Naparka.
Years later when I came across gaaboard, I had no problem cooking up with my handle.

I've just seen this. I am I stitches here

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gmac on February 25, 2021, 09:18:31 PM
Mr and Mrs potato head

What's next? Superman? Spider-Man? Wonder Woman
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Thats Super Spider and Wonder now thanks

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 26, 2021, 07:49:18 AM
Mr and Mrs potato head

Thought Wonder Woman was already cancelled on account of her being a former member of the terrorist organisation, the IDF.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on February 26, 2021, 08:45:16 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 26, 2021, 07:49:18 AM
Mr and Mrs potato head

Thought Wonder Woman was already cancelled on account of her being a former member of the terrorist organisation, the IDF.

Just want to see who'd bite first on her... Was waiting on Angelo
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TabClear

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on February 25, 2021, 10:10:35 PM
Mr and Mrs potato head
Snowflakery at its finest.

Agreed. The world has gone f**king daft with some of this PC rubbish

sid waddell

Quote from: TabClear on February 26, 2021, 09:13:57 AM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on February 25, 2021, 10:10:35 PM
Mr and Mrs potato head
Snowflakery at its finest.

Agreed. The world has gone f**king daft with some of this PC rubbish
Absolutely

You can't even call a fascist a fascist anymore and the fascists lose the plot totally

Right wing politics is political correctness