Mayo V Louth - Senior Challenge 05/06/09

Started by REDCOL, May 27, 2009, 05:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REDCOL

Mayo will play Louth in the official opening of Garrymore GAA Clubs new facilities on Friday June 5 @ 8pm. This is a chance to see how Mayo are progressing before the Connacht Semi-Final with Leitrim / Roscommon. Mayo have pledged to play a very strong team on this occasion which will bear a very close resemblance to the Semi-Final Team. Louth already have a Leinster Championship win under their belts and the O'Byrne Cup Champions are hoping for a good run in this years Leinster Championship.

outthecountry

REDCOL

Louth 1-15
Mayo  1-11

Mayo with a full team very disappointing even though it was only a challenge.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: REDCOL on June 06, 2009, 10:06:07 AM
Louth 1-15
Mayo  1-11

Very disappointing... I'm beginning to be wary of the Rossie game now! :-[
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Barney

mayogaablog.com has some sort of second hand report - http://mayogaablog.com/?p=2769

Disappointing but no need to get carried away with things either - outcomes of challenge matches have to come with a major health warning.

what does concern me is JOM's liking for Mark Ronaldson (far too small, albeit honest and with a good football brain), and Mikey Sweeney (no redeeming qualities as a footballer - he wasn't even up to the level of the u21 team this year).

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 06, 2009, 11:55:03 AM
Louth 1-15
Mayo  1-11

I d pay it no mind Deelin. The Clarke injury is a worry though. Hopefully only a precaution and hopefully not that gammy knee.   

ildanach

Louth 1-15
Mayo  1-11

i heard it was only a full team up to half time. a lad i was speaking to said that mayo must have used 24 or 25 players. he lost count!
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: moysider on June 06, 2009, 12:30:06 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 06, 2009, 11:55:03 AM
Louth 1-15
Mayo  1-11

I d pay it no mind Deelin. The Clarke injury is a worry though. Hopefully only a precaution and hopefully not that gammy knee.   

You're probably right there Moysider. It's just when I saw the scoreline first off I got a fright!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rosnarun

Quote from: Barney on June 06, 2009, 12:17:16 PM
mayogaablog.com has some sort of second hand report - http://mayogaablog.com/?p=2769

Disappointing but no need to get carried away with things either - outcomes of challenge matches have to come with a major health warning.

what does concern me is JOM's liking for Mark Ronaldson (far too small, albeit honest and with a good football brain), and Mikey Sweeney (no redeeming qualities as a footballer - he wasn't even up to the level of the u21 team this year).

Horse shit of the highest order
Ronaldson will wear the mayo jersey for years to come he is one of  best natural footballer ive seen play for mayo since mcDonald came on the scene. he almost singled handely saved Mayos league campaign and Joms use of hime has given me some hope in his o mahoneys and mayo future this year.
To dismiss Sweeney a  whole football career in such Troll like  fashion is not worthy . its his first year in the squad nd has shown considerable promise in some matches as well as being poor in others , but hes at least entitled to a little respect . there are enough lumbering oafs in the team that leaves abit of room for the sublety of a ronaldsone sweeney or dillion ,  what ever your opinion of messers harte O'Se Kelly and trevor are subtle they a'int
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere