Ticket Prices

Started by toby47, January 12, 2023, 10:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toby47

From Cahair O'Kane

Ticket prices for National Leagues increase from €15 last year to €18 in 2023. Revenues from last year's leagues were higher than in 2019. In 2019, leagues brought in €3.5m, cost €1.3m to run.

€18 is a disgrace for a NFL game IMO.

Louther

€5 for juveniles too, u16s that is.

Edit: The seems to be only some games with limited tickets - Armagh V Monaghan been one.

Blowitupref

Should have froze the NFL prices, extra money will already be made on the All Ireland group matches.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

tbrick18

Quote from: Louther on January 12, 2023, 10:46:46 PM
€5 for juveniles too, u16s that is.

They really are pricing families out of it.
Is there a concept of a family ticket for league games?

For me to go to a league game and take the family is 69 Euro (I do have a large family to be fair).
Then add in the price of diesel....minimum 30Euro.
you're talking 100+ to take the family to a league game. We might go to one, but that'll be it.
Not because we don't want to go, but because it's just too expensive to follow a team with those costs.

Redhand Santa

I believe u16s are still free. Except for Armagh Monaghan which has a limited capacity so everyone needs a ticket.

Cavan19

Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 13, 2023, 11:21:39 AM
I believe u16s are still free. Except for Armagh Monaghan which has a limited capacity so everyone needs a ticket.

Correct

Louther

Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 13, 2023, 11:21:39 AM

Yes, that does seem to be the case. I'd a colleague from Monaghan complaining and hadn't even see any other tickets on sale but all games now seem available.

Saffrongael

Quote from: toby47 on January 12, 2023, 10:41:53 PM
From Cahair O'Kane

Ticket prices for National Leagues increase from €15 last year to €18 in 2023. Revenues from last year's leagues were higher than in 2019. In 2019, leagues brought in €3.5m, cost €1.3m to run.

€18 is a disgrace for a NFL game IMO.

The GAA really showing they have their finger on the pulse of the issues facing people in 2023
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Feckitt

Monaghan v Armagh SOLD OUT.

Over 2 weeks until the game.  What is the capacity in Blayney?  I don't remember any National League game being sold out anywhere ever?

Armagh18

Quote from: Feckitt on January 13, 2023, 02:23:00 PM

Over 2 weeks until the game.  What is the capacity in Blayney?  I don't remember any National League game being sold out anywhere ever?
Fecking tiny. No idea why they want it played there.

bennydorano

Quote from: the_daddy on January 13, 2023, 02:30:20 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 13, 2023, 02:23:51 PM

Only place in Monaghan with lights and it was a Saturday night TV selection.
Assumed it was for tv myself but Mayo v Galway is on RTE, unless BBCni has it?

5times5times

Incorrect, not sold out.. 30 tickets are going to each club.

Joke it's not in Clones the following day

the onion bag

Quote from: bennydorano on January 13, 2023, 03:55:47 PM
Quote from: the_daddy on January 13, 2023, 02:30:20 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 13, 2023, 02:23:51 PM

Only place in Monaghan with lights and it was a Saturday night TV selection.
Assumed it was for tv myself but Mayo v Galway is on RTE, unless BBCni has it?
You'd have to think so, otherwise it makes no sense.

full moon

Very expensive is that same for Division 3 and 4?

Crowds are very poor down the leagues for many counties. Just doesn't seem necessary to me, the crowds are not that good outside Division 1.

donelli

Quote from: full moon on January 13, 2023, 05:01:42 PM
Very expensive is that same for Division 3 and 4?

Crowds are very poor down the leagues for many counties. Just doesn't seem necessary to me, the crowds are not that good outside Division 1.

div 3 & 4 are €10 entry