Ulster club championship

Started by charlieTully, October 30, 2022, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Most cynical AI champions ever, well done to Glen well deserved. Kilcoo tried every trick in the book but their footballing limitations were eventually exposed today. There are a lot of things to admire about what Kilcoo have achieved as a club but their footballing style certainly isn't one of them.

Wildweasel74

Writing Glen off myself, based on the last day, still weren't great outside the first 20mins but done enough. How everybody lasted the game out, the talking point.

straightred

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 11, 2022, 02:28:08 PM
FT Glen 1-12 Kilcoo 1-6. Congrats to Glen a good start to the match is half the battle and closed the game out well. The bold Joe Brolly was writing off Glen because of the bizarre view of managed by Malcahy O'Rourke i wonder will he give him some more credit now?

Joe Brolly
@JoeBrolly1993
The greatest ever Ulster minor club team has realised its potential. Wonderful victory for
@WattyGrahamsGAA
against the most difficult team in Ireland to beat. Congratulations to all our friends & neighbours across the mountain.

brokencrossbar1

Good teams win 1 All Ireland, great teams win 2....

smort

Hope ward and mcevoy get the suspensions they deserve

AustinPowers

Two hateful dirty  hoors of teams.  Hard to want any of them  to win that." Disgusting spectacle for Ulster club football

Mc quillan didn't help (as usual) but  that was shocking stuff. I'm surprised nobody was seriously hurt there

Schkite

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 11, 2022, 02:30:27 PM
Writing Glen off myself, based on the last day, still weren't great outside the first 20mibs but done enough. How everybody lasted the game out, the talking point.

Tbf it's hard to look good in a game like that, Kilcoo pulling every trick in the book and McQuillan falling for it all

guevara

Kilcoo got exactly what they deserved. How they get away with the shite they do is beyond me.

Ward both and McEvoy both should have walked.
Can't see Glen going all the way. Too defensive and allowed Kilcoo to remain in a game that was there for the taking  much earlier.
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

yellowcard

I was worried when the crowd ran on at the end that there would be trouble, there was a real nasty atmosphere all game both in the stands and on the pitch.

Milltown Row2

I'm just glad Glen scored that goal at the end lol... brought it to 24 points ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

general_lee

Well done to Glen. The better team and thankfully a bit of extra bite and urgency in the second half saw them through. Kilcoo behaviour particularly towards the end was pathetic, fairly lost the run of themselves when they knew the game was up.

bennydorano

Glass is beast of a man, some performance. Great to see Glen win, they'll improve for the game, a bogeyman laid to rest  - very early in their development too.

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: yellowcard on December 11, 2022, 02:33:31 PM
I was worried when the crowd ran on at the end that there would be trouble, there was a real nasty atmosphere all game both in the stands and on the pitch.

Yeah, dumb and dangerous by McQuillan to blow for FT while players were still scuffling on the field. Asking for some overexcited idiot to run out and do something stupid.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: straightred on December 11, 2022, 02:30:38 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on December 11, 2022, 02:28:08 PM
FT Glen 1-12 Kilcoo 1-6. Congrats to Glen a good start to the match is half the battle and closed the game out well. The bold Joe Brolly was writing off Glen because of the bizarre view of managed by Malcahy O'Rourke i wonder will he give him some more credit now?

Joe Brolly
@JoeBrolly1993
The greatest ever Ulster minor club team has realised its potential. Wonderful victory for
@WattyGrahamsGAA
against the most difficult team in Ireland to beat. Congratulations to all our friends & neighbours across the mountain.

Takes a certain individual not to praise Malcahy O'Rourke for the work he's done and now achieved with Glen. Joe still looking to be relevant bless him.

pbat