FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Tyrone won't be too worried about visiting the Hyde next week.
Playing a scatter of games on real pitches and weather will leave them better prepared than indoor bubble panto games.
Despite the slow throwball we indulged in we'd have won if we'd only converted more than half our chances.
Mind you Rhus had 3 goal chances while we never even had a sniff of a goal chance.
At least loads of new lads got runs but now we enter the real World.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

The O'Rourke sisters are from Cashelrea. Fantastic boxers. Could they share insights with the lads? There is great talent in the county.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

I don't think boxing lads is allowed any more Seaifín :D

Blowitupref

2024 fixtures

Quarter Finals

Friday 5th January @ 7pm

B: Sligo v Roscommon

Sunday 7th January @ 1pm

A: Mayo v London

Semi Finals

Friday 12th January @7pm

Leitrim v Galway

Saturday 13th January @7pm

Winners A v Winners B

Final

Friday 19th January LIVE ON TG4 @ 7.30pm
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Eire90

You think they would go with a different format as that is the exact same as the actual Connaught championship

seafoid

Does the game still need these pre season tournaments ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Cunny Funt

Quote from: seafoid on December 20, 2023, 03:18:44 PMDoes the game still need these pre season tournaments ?

Not much need anymore and these pre-competitions are heading for the chop and this could well be the last year of it. John Prenty will have played his part in that by playing these FBD games indoors which is little or no prep for the outdoors NFL games to come.

Rossfan

Rather ironic as he supported their retention.

Rossfan

Any interest in this indoor nonsense?
I'm guessing Davy will send the triallists and have the experienced lads playing challenges.

Thoughts of Farrandeelin (RIP) who I see started this thread many years ago.

weareros

Quote from: Rossfan on January 03, 2024, 02:18:35 PMAny interest in this indoor nonsense?
I'm guessing Davy will send the triallists and have the experienced lads playing challenges.

Thoughts of Farrandeelin (RIP) who I see started this thread many years ago.

Indeed. A much lamented poster. RIP.
On FBD, I saw Davy had an interview of sorts in the Roscommon Herald. The gist was that he'd prefer outdoor games, but he'd make the most of it. He won't be able to call on full panel especially with St. Brigids playing at the weekend. He did say he'd be giving new lads some experience, but the likes of Enda would be be playing too. Of course he is losing Ciaran Murtagh, Conor Daly and Cian McKeon. Huge losses for year. He sounded optimistic however, with much more work done than this time last year given his late appointment.

From the Bunker

Jez, Farrandeelin is nearly a year gone - February 10, 2023.

Blowitupref

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 03, 2024, 04:29:57 PMJez, Farrandeelin is nearly a year gone - February 10, 2023.

Yeah Christmas would have been tough for his family I hope they got through it as best they could.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Davy has named a team and subs.
A very raw defence apart from Niall D.
C Lavin
Luke Glennon Evan Flynn Caelim Keogh
Niall  C Walsh Dec Kenny
K Doyle Enda
D Cregg Donie C Connolly
Diarmuid Cathal Heneghan and Jack Duggan.
Subs
C Carroll D Murray C Hussey E McCormack N Higgins Senan Lambe P Gavin D Ruane Ronan Daly C Lennon  and C Cox.

Blowitupref

Half time Roscommon 1-13 Sligo 0-4.

Tony McEntee clearly wasn't happy with what he was seeing and subbed off 6 players at once on 30 mins.

Result Roscommon 1-21 Sligo 0-15.