Dublin Hurling.

Started by Bud Wiser, July 13, 2010, 05:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bord na Mona man

I wonder will Anthony Daly stay on?
When was interviewed On the Sunday Game, he seemed a bit rattled - he was doing overtime on the sucking of air between his teeth. -
*fizz* Jesus, *fizz* "I dunno where it went wrong. *fizz*.
*fizz* We'll just have to see *fizz*

Dublin's biggest problem in the last couple of years is that they can't seem to get decent back to back good performances.

Bud Wiser

Half the team played three games in one week and I'd say the reason he was sucking through his teeth was because he was trying to hold back from saying that, on top of a game too many, Pat Gilroy robbed him of his full back, along with getting Conal Keany to declare for football and then leaving him on the bench. Another county where hurling is the bridesmaid.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Premier Emperor

Daly won't bring Dublin far.
If they hurl anything like the Clare teams that Daly played on and managed, they won't worry the big hurling powers.

Dinny Cahill, working with a fraction of the players and resources gave him a lesson.

INDIANA

best of luck to our minors today. Heading in now.

GAA_Punter

Live scores on
http://wp.me/pFM7o-74R

John Murphy is to keep faith with the same minor side that beat Antrim in to reach Sunday's All-Ireland minor semi-final. Dublin had one slight doubt with Cillian Moffat. The right half back picked up an ankle injury last weekend but has been passed fit by the Dublin medical team. Dublin lost the Leinster final to Kilkenny, but will get the chance to avenge that defeat if they can overcome the Munster champions in the curtain raiser to Sunday's senior semi-final between Waterford and Tipperary.

Clare's joint manager Gerry O'Conner today said the banner are sweating on two players, goalkeeper Ronan Taaffe and wing forward Cathal Malone. Clare backroom staff have said both players will have to pass strict fitness tests to get out on Croke Park this Sunday. Taaffe suffered a dislocated shoulder injury during a training session while Malone sustained a similar. O'Conner said today "We're still hopeful that both players will be okay," Clare joint manager Gerry O'Connor said. Ronan has yet to train under contact but is getting better and Cathal is in a similar position. We'll put both lads through their paces tonight and then talk to our physio and medical people about it. We'll make a call on it then, based on how they fared when picking the team." Its thought if Taaffe fails to make it, Niall Woods will replace him between the posts. Cathal O'Connell and Alan Mulready, meanwhile, are on standby to replace Malone.

Dublin Team: E Dillon; C Murphy, E McKenna, S McClelland; C Moffat, D Sutcliffe, B Quinn; D Kelly, B McCarthy; G Whelan, C Kilkenny, F Heavey; C Costello, E Ó'Conghaile, D Flood.
Subs: C O'Mahony, E Small, C Crummey, M McCaffrey, N Maguire, R Hardy, N Ryan, D Forde, J Hetherton.

Clare Team : R Taaffe; H Vaughan, P Flanagan, S Morey; E Boyce, K Lynch, S O'Halloran; C Galvin, T Kelly; C Malone, P Collins, J Shanahan; D O'Halloran, N Arthur, D Keane.

bottlethrower7

gutted for them. Dublin no way deserved anything out of this game yet could well have won it.

Not an unbiased view (seeing as its about a clubmate of mine), but if Rob Hardy hadn't have been injured Dublin would have won this game. He steadied the ship considerably when he came on. His was the ball in for Costello's goal in the second half, and it was his shot that flashed off the post at the end.