Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: Club boi on June 10, 2018, 11:23:09 PM
See another clip of a box from behind doing the rounds from a division 3 game. Only a matter of time before tragedy strikes with footballers getting bigger and stronger

Heard last night that the fella that struck is studying to be a doctor.

WT4E

Quote from: Under Lights on June 11, 2018, 08:36:47 AM
See another clip of a box from behind doing the rounds from a division 3 game. Only a matter of time before tragedy strikes with footballers getting bigger and stronger

Saw it - dirty enough dig - lad never saw him coming!

HealyHellRaiser

Omagh and Trillick was a tight affair last night. I really do feel Omagh can go and win a back to back. Just coming to the boil nicely and a good championship draw. To be fair it will be very difficult but if we stay injury free I think we are there or there abouts

The Trap

Can the CCC use these videos doing the rounds to punish players? For example whatever happened to the man that hit mark carson?

omagh_gael

Quote from: The Trap on June 11, 2018, 11:17:59 AM
Can the CCC use these videos doing the rounds to punish players? For example whatever happened to the man that hit mark carson?

Player was suspended for 8 weeks.

superstar_

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 11, 2018, 11:44:49 AM

Light sentence compared with the sentence Mark Carson is having to go through.

OffTheDeck

Quote from: WT4E on June 11, 2018, 08:56:35 AM

Seen the video myself. Lad looks to be going in to get men out and gets walloped for nothing. Regardless of whatever was going on beforehand or behind the scenes it is a scummy action. Different story if hands were being thrown but the lad got hit cold when not expecting it. I'd be doing all I could to put an end to his doctoring career if it were me. Blatant assault and the evidence is there to back it up

Dire Ear

Quote from: superstar_ on June 11, 2018, 11:48:40 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on June 11, 2018, 11:44:49 AM

Light sentence compared with the sentence Mark Carson is having to go through.
How is he?   What was the injury to the eye?

laceer

What teams were involved?

Degrassi Hi

Castlederg number 5 blinsides a Clogher player.

The CCC could have set down a marker by suspending Gallagher from Loughmacrory for at least 12 months If not longer. If young Carson's injury was served as a warning it's been soon forgotten. If players knew that they were going to get lengthy & meaningful suspensions this type of cowardice would soon fizzle out. Do the crime - serve the time!

omagh_gael

In no way trying to downplay Carson's injury but to clarify he wasn't hit off the ball or from behind without warning. He had the ball and the Lough play tackled/punched with close fist and caught him when Carson was full on sprinting with the ball.

Again not condoning it but wasn't in the same vein as the Castlederg incident.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: OffTheDeck on June 11, 2018, 12:54:54 PM

Seen the video myself. Lad looks to be going in to get men out and gets walloped for nothing. Regardless of whatever was going on beforehand or behind the scenes it is a scummy action. Different story if hands were being thrown but the lad got hit cold when not expecting it. I'd be doing all I could to put an end to his doctoring career if it were me. Blatant assault and the evidence is there to back it up

Id be asking for 10% of his doctor salary for the resta his working career maybe and have it signed :-$
Take it or leave :-$

The Bearded One

Just saw the clip, what a coward. Hits from behind and then bounces away like a hard man. This is endemic now and needs to be stamped out before someone is killed.
It is what it is. Presumably.

BIGONE

That punch should cost that Castlederg soon to be Dr a few £££££££££££££££'s

toby47

Slightly off topic - but what ever happened the young fella from Carrickmore that got hit by the bouncer in Belfast a few months back.

Did he get back to playing football?