Antrim, the way forward

Started by Milltown Row2, October 30, 2015, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clover

Delargy why don't u run and try and make things better you do enough slobbering about everybody else talk is cheap no smart answers back put or shut up

bannside

Instead of playing the man what else do you have to offer this discussion.

So you are not in favour of the prospect of fresh leadership? Are you happy with the performance of recent officialdom?  Have they represented Antrim well? Would they gave the respect of their peers throughout Ulster? Are they qualified to perform their roles? Is it fair to say some of them are well out of their depths?

Because that's by far the general consensus across the board.

paddyjohn

Quote from: hardstation on November 02, 2015, 10:30:07 PM
I'm interested now. How bad can it be?

Im the same. I hear it's rash enough!

Sportacus

Like many I would like to see a major shake-up, but one wee thing niggles me.  The Antrim Vision Cultural Officer nominee on the literature tweeted by Antrim Post and re-tweeted by Club Aontroma says he's represented his club in Scor for the past 8 years.  Well I've been to practically every Scor event in the county throughout that period and I only ever saw his club on the odd occasion.  Have I missed something or are candidates CV's being exaggerated?  I sincerely hope not.  I'm just a grass roots Saffron but I don't want any smoke blown at me.  Happy to be corrected, Saffron Vision must have complete integrity.

theskull1

Quote from: Clover on November 02, 2015, 11:18:30 PM
Delargy why don't u run and try and make things better you do enough slobbering about everybody else talk is cheap no smart answers back put or shut up

The cold neutrality of an impartial judge right there.  ::)

Hows that moving a discussion in the right direction?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

bannside

Brendan just noticed your response re meeting the clubs. Thanks for the update.

Constructive debate is good. The people and the clubs can make their own decisions and if there is any smoke blowing going on it will be, and deserves to be exposed.  I agree entirely with Sportacus on that one.

theskull1

Would be hard to find anyone who could say that Antrim have been well led or communicated to over the last 20 years (and possibly longer). Now anyone who volunteers should be respected if their sole motivation is to see their club/county move forward in the right direction, but if its not happening a personnel change is needed.

I'd like to see a complete change of guard for the simple reason that they are selling the idea of change and transparency. Now change can be for the worse or the better but I'm willing to give them a go. I think they'll get more backing
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Gizzy15

Quote from: theskull1 on November 03, 2015, 12:21:26 AM
Would be hard to find anyone who could say that Antrim have been well led or communicated to over the last 20 years (and possibly longer). Now anyone who volunteers should be respected if their sole motivation is to see their club/county move forward in the right direction, but if its not happening a personnel change is needed.

I'd like to see a complete change of guard for the simple reason that they are selling the idea of change and transparency. Now change can be for the worse or the better but I'm willing to give them a go. I think they'll get more backing

+1

culchie11

hardstation, i have heard that unfortunately the candidate on the saffron view ticket for treasurer, had to withdraw, as per gaa rules, u need to be a member of a gaa club by a certain date!

as i say unfortunate as the said person was a professional in this area.

this is bound to be a big blow to their ticket!

i take it that the rest of the candidates will be relased to clubs for consideration shortly.

blueblood

C11 how can you in good faith back a team that have continually play musical chairs over the last number of years created all these issues, a CS who will allegedly do anything to stop the present Hurling mangers proposal team due to personal reasons ( maybe he shouldn't purchase fast food late at night with too much drink on board, slows your reaction speed) and even drive to Cork to dig up a candidate ( Hope expenses weren't claimed for that). What astounds me is the clubs have let this go on for so long, the lies, deceit, secret society approach and you want another term of the same people in different roles with grubby fingers in lucrative pies? Promising Dunsilly sorted, Casement sorted, relying on senior officials in Ulster wiping their arse and cleaning up the s*** they have help create. Dunsilly should have been completed not sorted in the next 6/7months, disrespecting hard working people who donate the hard earned cash as if its their own? making decisions thats outside their pay grade and intelligence? Show me one of them that would write a substantial cheque today? Na they will stand as judge and jury though, making speeches proud as punch about whats happening next!!! lets deal with what should have happened and been achieved by now rather than next year next year...... Ah I hear you say " Their all Antrim men after all"

NAG1

I dont think there is any need for the animosity that is involved here.

There is going to be an open and transparent election of officers as the norm. If the Antrim Vision guys are standing then there is the opportunity to elect them. There is no need to go about dragging dirt or flying accusations around about fellow volunteers. Everyone can and does have their opinion on how things could/ should have been done better, but for the good of the county as whole I would be prepared to listen to all sides and their proposals and then make informed decisions.

The key to lasting change is bringing everyone one along and not isolating groups.

blueblood

Granted NAG1 however when fellow volunteers have peddled the continual lies for so long what can you believe? I would say there is very little open and transparent about the present body with its Trinity at the core C, VC and Sec..... if recent rumblings are prooved to be factual, I would love to attend this Thursday meeting and anyone know who Frank Smith is?

NAG1

BB what lies are being peddled?

What has yet to be proved factual?

I think it is only fair if you are more or less naming the people involved that you back this up with something more than hearsay and rumour.

brendanbelfast

I'm all for reasoned and positive debate but this isn't it. I'm opting out of this thread; over to the clubs.

blueblood

NAG1 the next few days should highlight some of what I refferred to, Brendan Belfast should know what I am indicating at and its disappointing to see hes withdrawing from the discussion, this is positive, and thorny issue's need to be dealt with, surely BB deals with this sort if thing professionally every day.  All I would say is that I would like to hear what C Barr has to say doing his role, I for one would trust him..... He has no other agenda than the success of Antrim Hurling...