Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antrim Coaster

Here's the Joe McDonagh fixture list and dates (copied from the Laois page)

Wouldn't be too confident that Antrim would do well in this.

Any betting man would be advised to keep their money in their pocket if they're thinking of throwing a few bob in Antrim unless its to be involved in a relegation play off.
Westmeath, Laois and Kerry have turned Antrim over last season and the BIFFOS are an unknown quantity especially after their relegation to Div 2A and the Joe McDonagh.

11-12 May 2019 (Sat/Sun)
Round 1
Uíbh Fhailí v Laois
Aontroim v Ciarraí

An Iarmhí Bye

18-19 May 2019 (Sat/Sun)
Round 2
Laois v Aontroim
An Iarmhí v Uíbh Fhailí

Ciarraí Bye

25-26 May 2019 (Sat/Sun)
Round 3A
An Iarmhí v Ciarraí

Laois, Uíbh Fhailí & Aontroim Bye

01-02 June 2019 (Sat/Sun)
Round 3B
Uíbh Fhailí v Aontroim

Laois, An Iarmhí & Ciarraí Bye

08-09 June 2019 (Sat/Sun)
Round 4
Aontroim v An Iarmhí
Ciarraí v Laois

Uíbh Fhailí Bye

15-16 June 2019 (Sat/Sun)
Round 5
Laois v An Iarmhí
Ciarraí v Uíbh Fhailí

Aontroim Bye

30 June 2019 (Sun)
Final
1st Placed Team v 2nd Placed Team

north_antrim_hound

Laois away gonna be tuff, Eddie Brennan has them going well. First match v Kerry is in Dunloy from what I hear.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

imtommygunn

Kerry looked decent against Westmeath too and looked unlucky enough. No easy games in this at all and I would be very, pleasantly!, surprised were we to get near winning it.

Na Glinntí Glasa

agreed. Its a very strong competition now when you look at all the teams in it.

Though id say the coverage given to it will be the bare minimum.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Leagues start this weekend! Pretty soon! Hopefully the weather continues to be decent
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

the reserve leagues a bit light this year i see. At a time when we want to give young lads games after they leave minor theres going to be periods of nothing for them at all. Pity to see that.
hurl like f**k boi!

themac_23

Quote from: Dunloy realist on March 21, 2019, 08:33:43 AM
the reserve leagues a bit light this year i see. At a time when we want to give young lads games after they leave minor theres going to be periods of nothing for them at all. Pity to see that.

Is the North Antrim league running this year? i think South Antrim are running Hurling this year, maybe some SA teams playing in it instead as its a Monday night and means lads that dont get a run in the senior game or only 10-15 mins can then play a full reserve game on the monday night.

johnnycool

We'd hoped to put in a reserve team but then 5 lads took off to Australia for the year (all first 15'ers) so that left us short and couldn't commit to a reserve team, but when/if they arrive back and exams are out of the way we might try to arrange reserve "friendlies" prior to senior games when the numbers allow.

paddyjohn

Quote from: themac_23 on March 21, 2019, 08:58:40 AM

Is the North Antrim league running this year? i think South Antrim are running Hurling this year, maybe some SA teams playing in it instead as its a Monday night and means lads that dont get a run in the senior game or only 10-15 mins can then play a full reserve game on the monday night.

North Antrim league runs every year. Usually a competitive enough competition yo.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 21, 2019, 09:18:01 AM
Quote from: themac_23 on March 21, 2019, 08:58:40 AM

North Antrim league runs every year. Usually a competitive enough competition yo.

The Z'ds do well, and for years the south antrim league ran pretty well. When  the Johnnies Rossa ourselves Sarsfields st pauls and the rest join in its a very good South Antrim leauge.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

The half paced hurling seems to be well run and organised..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 21, 2019, 02:12:42 PM
The half paced hurling seems to be well run and organised..

I'm too competitive for that malarkey!

ciaran1988

Would be good if the fixture of the week was set for an evening throw in like what happened a few times last year. Would be great to go watch the game of the week (Cushendall v Loughgiel this week) after playing in my own game on a Sunday

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: ciaran1988 on March 22, 2019, 05:11:35 AM
Would be good if the fixture of the week was set for an evening throw in like what happened a few times last year. Would be great to go watch the game of the week (Cushendall v Loughgiel this week) after playing in my own game on a Sunday

I was saying this the other day to a mate. Im for our game on sunday at Rossa and its a pity that the Lgiel v Cdall game isnt on later so you could get to see it as well.

Be nice if their was a feature game on a sat afternoon for example that could draw a big crowd to it for the neutral then the rest of the games on a sunday.
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Good win for St Endas tonight, Mark Donaghy the ex C'Dall player a boost for them.