Galway v Monaghan, Super 8s Phase 3. 4/8/18. Pearse Stadium.

Started by Mayo4Sam14, July 25, 2018, 05:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blanketattack

Quote from: Jinxy on July 26, 2018, 05:39:28 PM
I've never heard of anyone in any field sport breaking both their legs at the same time.
Talk about bad luck.

Ruddock broke both of Andy Coles legs

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

GaillimhIarthair

We must be doing something right as Ewen McKenna has a very complimentary piece about us in today's Indo! 😜.

galwayman

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on July 26, 2018, 06:00:59 PM
We must be doing something right as Ewen McKenna has a very complimentary piece about us in today's Indo! 😜.
Is he still on Matt Cooper's sports section on Today Fm?
Christ above he is painful.I heard him a good few times on Today Fm during the World Cup.
Talk about a moany, whiney w**ker. It's all he did on the radio for the whole tournament.
Surely there is more to proper sports journalism than just being a moany bitch the whole time?

Duine Eile

What an absolute crock of shit, Galway are hateful and spiteful now  ::) be careful Monaghan!

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: galwayman on July 26, 2018, 06:18:05 PM
Is he still on Matt Cooper's sports section on Today Fm?
Christ above he is painful.I heard him a good few times on Today Fm during the World Cup.
Talk about a moany, whiney w**ker. It's all he did on the radio for the whole tournament.
Surely there is more to proper sports journalism than just being a moany bitch the whole time?
I thought he was based in Brazil?  You'd wonder was he even in Newbridge?  He just seems to want to court controversy at every turn - not sure if I have seen him write a complimentary piece on any sports topic!!

GalwayBayBoy

I wouldn't mind but most of the violent incidents in the game were Kildare players on Galway players. The red card. Cathal Sweeney was it who got absolutely poleaxed running down the wing by a bodycheck/kick and Adrian Varley at the final whistle getting the head boxed off him on the ground. But Ewan is more worked up by a bit of jersey pullng than punches or kicks. I don't think I played a match in my entire life where I didn't get held or get my jersey pulled at some point.

I think the bit on Sean Andy is out of order to he honest. Saying he saw him throw a punch off the ball. With zero evidence of this. Was he even at the game or did he see this from Brazil? Think it's poor form to bring up things like that. Players jostle off the ball all the time but journalists don't usually try and hang one player in the national media off the back of it.

galwayman

Have only just got around to reading it.
It's quite obvious he wasn't at the game. He hasn't a bean what he's talking about.
Look at the first response to the article on his twitter feed where he is pulled up for stating that O Ceallaigh threw a punch at the start of the game.
He takes a still photograph of lads grappling and states that there was a left hook to the face thrown when there clearly wasn't.
Absolute idiot.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: galwayman on July 26, 2018, 07:07:00 PM
Have only just got around to reading it.
It's quite obvious he wasn't at the game. He hasn't a bean what he's talking about.
Look at the first response to the article on his twitter feed where he is pulled up for stating that O Ceallaigh threw a punch at the start of the game.
He takes a still photograph of lads grappling and states that there was a left hook to the face thrown when there clearly wasn't.
Absolute idiot.

If he's using that photo as proof it's fairly clear that it's just two players jostling with one another. Sean Andy has a hold of the neck of Cribbin's jersey.

An Fhairche Abu

This clown obviously wasn't at the match, to assert that Kildare didn't engage in exactly the same of the ball stuff he's railing against is just a lie.

Some facts that Ewan might consider:
He is not correct about the punch he claims Sean Andy threw, I saw the whole thing at the start of the match, the same jostling and holding of jerseys you see in every match.
Flynn red was a red, get over it.
Peter Cooke was struck by a punch into the gut off the ball, should have been a straight red, no sanction.
Varley assaulted with 2 straight punches to his back at the end of the match, no sanction.
Sweeney could have had his ankle broken near the end of the match by the most disgraceful and premeditated "tackle" of the whole game, the Kildare man responsible is the only player on either side that should be ashamed of themselves after Sunday.

I don't know why I'm even riled by this spoofer who didn't even attend the match but that whingefest from Mckenna is unfortunately very reflective of some real belly aching on social media by some Kildare fans since Sunday, the absolute hypocrisy of the lot of them is annoying me more than anything.

Mayo4Sam14

Be hardly anyone in at this now it's clashing with the hurling
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Duine Eile

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on July 28, 2018, 07:31:46 PM
Be hardly anyone in at this now it's clashing with the hurling

After all the bad press in th last few weeks will they make another silly decision and have 2 Galway teams playing in different venues on the same day? What's to stop them playing it Sunday in Thurles?

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Duine Eile

Mayo4Sam14

I'd still stay the attendance will be a little lower than it would've been but nothing you can do about it now. Although the round of super 8s should've been played off this week
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!