Kerry v Kildare

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, August 04, 2018, 05:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

https://twitter.com/KildareNatSport/status/1025852031150510080
QuoteCian O'Neill was very non committal when asked about his future after the game today. It is the end of his 3 year term now and he said he will discuss things with his wife Tammy, the players and the county board before a decision is made regarding next year.

We will have to wait and see.

straightred

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on August 04, 2018, 07:49:28 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 04, 2018, 07:41:42 PM
Anytime I've watched Kildare I always think there's something there, plenty of potential.

New management next year and some squad reinforcements to come in. No 1st teamers at obvious retirement age yet either so hopefully we can have a good team next year.

I think they'll kick on from this and do well next year. That would mean staying in Div 1. They were close to Monaghan, close to galway with 14 men and you cant read much into today with the circumstances and sendings off.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

We are back in division 2. The problem is that the ceiling of our aspirations is to get back to division 1 and make the super 8s again.

straightred

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on August 04, 2018, 10:48:21 PM
We are back in division 2. The problem is that the ceiling of our aspirations is to get back to division 1 and make the super 8s again.

sry - got that wrong. Still they have a good side that weren't far away. Plenty to be optimistic about

clarshack

will this be only the 3rd time this century that Kerry won't be in the All-Ireland semi-finals? Down 2010 and Donegal 2012 are the only 2 1/4 final exits i can think of.

Rossfan

Yep read that somewhere earlier
They have th'oul pedigree alright.
Jack O'C to replace Fitzmaurice?
Kildare will be happy with their Summer (up to half time today) especially after the Carlow result.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Rossfan on August 05, 2018, 12:21:03 AM
Yep read that somewhere earlier
They have th'oul pedigree alright.
Jack O'C to replace Fitzmaurice?
Kildare will be happy with their Summer (up to half time today) especially after the Carlow result.

Judging by the abuse he took from the Kerry supporters after their u20 defeat there is very little chance of Jack getting it I reckon. Peter Keane, Pat O'Shea and possibly Liam Kearns would be the most likely candidates. Donie Buckley has to be part of the backroom whoever gets it.

straightred

The rerun in on sky now. Hope young and clifford aren't too badly hurt ..... kildare badly shafted by all the officials in the last 5 mins of the 1st half

maccer

Not a Kerry person.  Was standing behind the kildare  goals in the first half.  Hyland and Doyle spent the first 30 seconds of the game laying into Clifford and O Shea.  Looked like an obvious  planned  ploy to rattle the 2 younger Kerry forwards.  You might say that's  championship football  but when Clifford scored a fantastic point after selling hyland a dummy Hyland then threw him to the ground by swinging out of his collar.  Black card all day.  It appeared kildare went out to be ultra physical in certain areas.  You're walking a tightrope then and running the risk of picking up cards

straightred

Quote from: maccer on August 05, 2018, 09:50:41 AM
Not a Kerry person.  Was standing behind the kildare  goals in the first half.  Hyland and Doyle spent the first 30 seconds of the game laying into Clifford and O Shea.  Looked like an obvious  planned  ploy to rattle the 2 younger Kerry forwards.  You might say that's  championship football  but when Clifford scored a fantastic point after selling hyland a dummy Hyland then threw him to the ground by swinging out of his collar.  Black card all day.  It appeared kildare went out to be ultra physical in certain areas.  You're walking a tightrope then and running the risk of picking up cards

I'm neutral on this as well but I just hate to see the carry on that Young was at. I know its common enough nowadays but its horrible to see it rewarded

imtommygunn

Fitzmaurice's exit interview was very interesting. He wasn't very happy with kerry support / media at all. Basically said the young guys won't be given time under him so he's stepping aside for someone new to come in as that will give them more time. Expectations probably too high in Kerry I would say. Even if they do turn into great players they could only hope to beat Dublin every now and then as they are unlikely to dominate with how good they are.

AZOffaly

Quote from: straightred on August 05, 2018, 09:55:08 AM
Quote from: maccer on August 05, 2018, 09:50:41 AM

I'm neutral on this as well but I just hate to see the carry on that Young was at. I know its common enough nowadays but its horrible to see it rewarded

Did Young not get a slap in the follow up. I saw the lad swinging a hand in fairly hard on his head when he was on the ground. I said he'd be lucky to stay on when I saw how close the linesman was. It was daft.

dublin7

The red card was a joke. Flynn slapped at the ball and Killian Young started flaling about like a fish out of water. Farcical and embarrassing. Never a red card.

Black for the full back was deserved although kildare should have had a free before that for a blatant foul. Overall I thought kildare were ridden rock solid by the ref. Gave them nothing.

Can see Donaghy retiring as well. Didn't appear for the 2nd half and was ineffective when he was on the pitch.