The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPGJOHNNYG

Ed Joyce gone already ffs

Boycey

He was unlucky it didn't pitch in line..

JPGJOHNNYG

Maybe but his form has been stinking of late, one of the few irish players who can grind things out a bit and may do ok in test cricket. No idea how Kevin O brien will cope not trying to smash it all the time

JPGJOHNNYG

Ok this isnt going well lol

JPGJOHNNYG

OgraAnDun

Although nobody expected an Ireland win, not even getting to 50 overs is a bit embarrassing.

Boycey

I was hoping they wouldn't put Ireland in again but they have  :( I'm going tomorrow so was hoping for a good days play..

130 was hardly a good score alright but with ease I could list off recent lower scores by much better teams. Onwards and upwards..

michaelg

Some effort by Ireland today.

screenexile

Quote from: michaelg on May 14, 2018, 05:13:15 PM

What's the story with tomorrow? Ireland have to give Pakistan a chance to bat for the day don't they?

Realistically is rain is the only chance of salvaging a draw?

Boycey

Quote from: screenexile on May 14, 2018, 05:21:15 PM
Quote from: michaelg on May 14, 2018, 05:13:15 PM

What's the story with tomorrow? Ireland have to give Pakistan a chance to bat for the day don't they?

Realistically is rain is the only chance of salvaging a draw?

Have been here all day, great entertainment for a tenner.. Ireland currently 91 ahead but unfortunately just lost a 7th wicket after a big partnership... Theoretically they don't 'have' to let Pakistan bat at any stage but realistically Pakistan will mop up the last 3 wickets this evening or early AM leaving them chasing less than 150 to win. Kev O'Brien 89 no at the minute be nice for him to get Ireland's maiden test century..

michaelg

Some effort by Kevin O'Brien.  He said that if they got a lead of 160, then you never know.

OgraAnDun

Important to get through the last few overs without dropping wickets, play themselves in tomorrow morning then attack and leave Pakistan with a large enough total to go after.

JPGJOHNNYG

Thats an unbelievable turnaround considering they looked like they would be lucky to get 50 in the first innings. I was very impressed with O'Brien who is more renowned for being a slogger. If they can put on another 50 then a draw is likely unless the unthinkable happens and Pakistan collapse

Boycey

It'll take far more than 50 runs to bat a Pakistan win out of the equation. As it stands all 3 results are possible but with the forecast not wonderful for tomorrow it's hard to call I'd say about

70% Pakistan
20% Draw
10% Ireland

Boycey

Big Kevin out almost immediately this morning  :(

All out now, Pakistan need 160.