ATM Thefts

Started by trailer, April 01, 2019, 04:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themac_23

Just outta curiosity what sort of money would be kept in them machines, ie how often are they filled? will they soon start to run them tighter so less money in the machine and possibly making it less attractive to thieves?

johnnycool

Quote from: themac_23 on April 08, 2019, 12:11:16 PM
Just outta curiosity what sort of money would be kept in them machines, ie how often are they filled? will they soon start to run them tighter so less money in the machine and possibly making it less attractive to thieves?

Surely if you were a shop owner you'd be emptying the thing at night and publicising it to prevent these morons from wrecking the feckin shop??

GetOverTheBar

There isn't that much in the ATM's that were robbed for precisely that reason.....they are/have always been marked 'risky' as opposed to the likes sitting on Royal Avenue in Belfast etc. That's why they've had to hit so many so quick....I wonder what political party might 'launch' in the coming months now with a bankroll  :-X

They are filled when the level gets to X amount, like Petrol pumps at shops will automatically trigger the refill.

Amount wise, that's entirely up to the owners of the ATM but I'd hazard a refil anything between 5-20k. Insurance involved etc means it pretty much is a victimless crime - bar the obvious structural and social effect - that is by no means me saying it is fine either. I'm assuming a shop would be insured for that sort of thing, but I would be guessing there.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: johnnycool on April 08, 2019, 12:16:35 PM

Surely if you were a shop owner you'd be emptying the thing at night and publicising it to prevent these morons from wrecking the feckin shop??
I know our local shop has a sign up to that effect.
Pretty much every local town around us has been hit at this stage, so I wouldn't hold my breathe as to if that is a good enough deterrent
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

MoChara

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 08, 2019, 12:20:29 PM

There isn't that much in the ATM's that were robbed for precisely that reason.....they are/have always been marked 'risky' as opposed to the likes sitting on Royal Avenue in Belfast etc. That's why they've had to hit so many so quick....I wonder what political party might 'launch' in the coming months now with a bankroll  :-X

They are filled when the level gets to X amount, like Petrol pumps at shops will automatically trigger the refill.

Amount wise, that's entirely up to the owners of the ATM but I'd hazard a refil anything between 5-20k. Insurance involved etc means it pretty much is a victimless crime - bar the obvious structural and social effect - that is by no means me saying it is fine either. I'm assuming a shop would be insured for that sort of thing, but I would be guessing there.

This Rabbit Hole a thread is getting deeper, we're only a few pages away from Opus Dei and inevitably the illuminati all getting involved lol

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: MoChara on April 08, 2019, 12:49:02 PM

This Rabbit Hole a thread is getting deeper, we're only a few pages away from Opus Dei and inevitably the illuminati all getting involved lol

;D ;D ;D

trueblue1234

I'll know never to bother hiring a digger out the next time I've a bit of work to get done.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Tony Baloney

I see there is CCTV out of the latest theft which shows the thieves dropping the ATM machine into the back of a van through a pre-cut hole in the van roof.

Mayo4Sam

FFS, It's not a victimless crime though, we f**king pay for it, the insurance company will jack up premiums which will be passed onto us
The people who won't lose out are the insurance company
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on April 08, 2019, 01:38:43 PM

FFS, It's not a victimless crime though, we f**king pay for it, the insurance company will jack up premiums which will be passed onto us
And when we see shop owners taking ATMs out of the walls and into the shops it'll become a right pain in the arse.

screenexile

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 08, 2019, 02:01:35 PM

And when we see shop owners taking ATMs out of the walls and into the shops it'll become a right pain in the arse.

It already is!!! 3 shop ATM's in our Town at the minute and they all charge 95p per transaction as of the last couple of weeks!!

trailer

Quote from: screenexile on April 08, 2019, 02:09:08 PM

It already is!!! 3 shop ATM's in our Town at the minute and they all charge 95p per transaction as of the last couple of weeks!!

Sure banks charge you for lodging cash. It takes man power to process then move it up and down the country.
It's not a victimless crime and we will all pay for it. Especially if it is difficult to access cash it hits the most vulnerable in our society. That's why I am pissed about it. That's why the police should be making arrests and whatever paramilitary organisation that is facilitating or taxing it should be under political pressure to stop it.
This directly effects rural communities and and it's time it was stopped.

GetOverTheBar

Yes lads, I fully understand your points about victim less crime and how that is incorrect.

I appreciate that, I also agree.

The police however do not give a shite, it's one more headache....nobody was hurt, nobody was kidnapped, nobody was even so much as shouted at loudly. It's down the list of priorities.

Saying something must be done? Where is the pressure going to come from? Our glorious elected representatives at Stormont? Nobody gives a toss unless they are directly affected by this spate of crime. I'm sorry, but that's the reality of the situation.

GJL

I don't know about anyone else but I do 99% of my business now cashless. I only use atm once a month at the most.

Franko

Quote from: trailer on April 08, 2019, 02:28:55 PM
Quote from: screenexile on April 08, 2019, 02:09:08 PM

Sure banks charge you for lodging cash. It takes man power to process then move it up and down the country.
It's not a victimless crime and we will all pay for it. Especially if it is difficult to access cash it hits the most vulnerable in our society. That's why I am pissed about it. That's why the police should be making arrests and whatever paramilitary organisation that is facilitating or taxing it should be under political pressure to stop it.
This directly effects rural communities and and it's time it was stopped.

I reckon you're about 2 posts (max) from the inevitable SF mention here.