Where now for Tyrone?

Started by bennydorano, August 27, 2017, 07:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: thebuzz on September 05, 2017, 11:56:33 PM
Quote from: screenexile on September 05, 2017, 11:45:48 PM
Quote from: thebuzz on September 05, 2017, 11:40:39 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 05, 2017, 10:40:15 PM
Amazing anyone could think this Tyrone side could be any better with anyone else.

Whatever Harte's faults no one will do better for Tyrone than him. Bet there'll be no player revolt there. Who do dissatisfied Tyrone supporters think should manage in his place?

I think next year will show us just how great Harte is one way or the other, he does not need to beat the Dubs but he really does need to step away from the negative shite he stifles his players with, having 14 men behind the ball in Ulster is a waste of time and effort as they are light years ahead of anyone else, he needs to develop several new strategies for games depending on who he is playing and how a game is going etc, against Dublin they were one dimensional, not good enough.
They want Logan and Dooher and who can blame them? Ulster's and McKenna cups mean very little anymore and they need some fresh thinking to get over the line. Many Tyrone men will tell you that the best players aren't playing for the county because they don't fit into the "system" Logan and Dooher could at least wipe the slate clean in that regard.

Probably cheaper too!!

Well he must have presented some new plan to get three years.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

sligoman2

A very sad day for real football.

I understand Mickey has been through a lot but I absolutely detest the style of football that he uses.  Tyrone have plenty of good footballers and they are turned into robots, all run back, all run forward, don't think, don't react...

It may be effective against some teams but its desperate to watch and I would imagine not a lot of enjoyment to play with or against it.

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

omaghjoe

Good decision.
Sams ours next year

seafoid

Tyrone is mythological at this stage

The other parallel is the gelada footballers below in Kenya and the younger players getting access to  the groupies

https://youtu.be/uDT0xSsrVIg

Christmas Lights

**awaits teaminamillion and southtyronegael ***

blewuporstuffed

Amazing anyone could think this Tyrone side could be any better with anyone else.

Whatever Harte's faults no one will do better for Tyrone than him. Bet there'll be no player revolt there. Who do dissatisfied Tyrone supporters think should manage in his place?

They want Logan and Dooher and who can blame them? Ulster's and McKenna cups mean very little anymore and they need some fresh thinking to get over the line. Many Tyrone men will tell you that the best players aren't playing for the county because they don't fit into the "system" Logan and Dooher could at least wipe the slate clean in that regard.

Probably cheaper too!!
Whatever the criticism that can be thrown at Harte, this is simply not true IMO
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

The Trap

punt kick

Quote from: thebuzz on September 05, 2017, 11:56:33 PM

Probably cheaper too!!

Well he must have presented some new plan to get three years.

He added a novena in.

Throw ball

Quote from: sligoman2 on September 06, 2017, 03:44:55 AM

I understand Mickey has been through a lot but I absolutely detest the style of football that he uses.  Tyrone have plenty of good footballers and they are turned into robots, all run back, all run forward, don't think, don't react...

It may be effective against some teams but its desperate to watch and I would imagine not a lot of enjoyment to play with or against it.

Agreed

redhandefender

I would comment on the state of your counties football but you never really make it to TV and from what I hear a good club side in tyrone would beat you!

Right man for the job. a lot of "outside experts" haven't a clue and would love to see harte gone.

There is no replacement putting his hand up, the best players int he county are playing on the team, majority now from tyrone under 21 winning team, they are good players capable of going far, we lost to Dublin for a lot of reasons, logan and dooher play the exact same way and logan doesn't want it anyway!

Such hysteria

Christmas Lights

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 06, 2017, 08:26:42 AM

Probably cheaper too!!
Whatever the criticism that can be thrown at Harte, this is simply not true IMO

Id agree with this, I cant think of any players who aren't on the panel or involved that should be......all the best / most suitable players are in the current squad.

AZOffaly

I'm gutted to hear this.

I was hoping he'd come to Offaly.

JoG2

Quote from: omaghjoe on September 06, 2017, 05:18:13 AM
Good decision.
Sams ours next year

It'll have to be 2019 as Sam's heading for Derry next year *

* now that we've entered the realm of fantasy  :)

WT4E

Quote from: redhandefender on September 06, 2017, 09:11:40 AM

I would comment on the state of your counties football but you never really make it to TV and from what I hear a good club side in tyrone would beat you!

Right man for the job. a lot of "outside experts" haven't a clue and would love to see harte gone.

There is no replacement putting his hand up, the best players int he county are playing on the team, majority now from tyrone under 21 winning team, they are good players capable of going far, we lost to Dublin for a lot of reasons, logan and dooher play the exact same way and logan doesn't want it anyway!

Such hysteria

Can you not let someone have an opinion different to your own without having a go at them - we all know people are split on Mickey but no need to push your own thoughts so hard