Premier League 2016/17

Started by Boycey, July 13, 2016, 01:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 27, 2017, 06:41:27 PM
Jaysus I can't imagine there was only 31 thousand there on Wednesday. That seems ridiculous. Sure Wolves is a sell out this weekend too. I'd say you're mistaken with that number.

51.8k more likely... There is a bit of truth to the mid week thing though. Wolves will probably bring a big crowd tomorrow too, in the cup you have give a certain percentage of the ground and with them  being a big club and out of the big time for a few years they'll make the most of their big day. It's regular enough for clubs to take 8/9k to OT on days like that

laoislad

Does this make Irish people that go to games tourists?

I do agree about fans leaving early before half time or full time and it's something that annoys me.  But that happens in Croke Park or any at any other stadium,  it isn't because there may be tourists as he calls them at the game.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Quote from: laoislad on January 27, 2017, 07:30:51 PM
Does this make Irish people that go to games tourists?

I do agree about fans leaving early before half time or full time and it's something that annoys me.  But that happens in Croke Park or any at any other stadium,  it isn't because there may be tourists as he calls them at the game.

I'd say tourist is possibly the wrong word even though his sentiment is right. Plenty of Irish guys who go to matches would be good clued up supporters, and conversely a fair few English people would fit the type of person he's talking about. All the big clubs are now looking to attract these kind of supporters who come to see a match the same way as you would go to see a west end show. They are the ones with the disposable income who buy all the tat from the club megastore.. These people don't know the chants and rituals of the hardcore supporter and are killing the atmosphere at grounds but they are now a fact of life and here to stay.

Boycey

I suppose it could all go mad today but it must be the tamest transfer window of all time??

Fuzzman

Some crazy results tonight with Watford beating Arsenal away, spurs drawing at Sunderland who I see have added Gooch to their squad.
http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/38727319
Chelsea miss a penalty at An field.
Swansea win again to move into 17th and thus keep Palace in the bottom three despite them having their first win under big Sam.
Utd and City big chance to make up some points on the top 4.

Tony Baloney

Our Last Man Standing competition will be cleared out tonight  ;D.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 31, 2017, 09:48:05 PM
What happens if noone is left standing?

JoG2

Quote from: Aaron Boone on January 31, 2017, 09:52:11 PM

Would he not lift the winnings?   :)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Aaron Boone on January 31, 2017, 09:52:11 PM
Rolls over.

BarryBreensBandage

"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Boycey

For a guy that was a magnificent player Thierry Henry is an absolutely shite pundit..

shark

Quote from: Boycey on February 04, 2017, 12:17:40 PM
For a guy that was a magnificent player Thierry Henry is an absolutely shite pundit..

Yet TV companies seem to think there should be a positive correlation.

AZOffaly

The better pundits seem to be the no nonsense lads that had to work at it. The very talented probably don't have an appreciation for all the little things that need to be right.

Minder

Quote from: Boycey on February 04, 2017, 12:17:40 PM

Yeah and Sky gave him £4m a yr for his troubles
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"