NFL Division 1

Started by macdanger2, January 26, 2016, 10:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Hill16 Blues on March 26, 2017, 09:42:43 PM
Sure on the basis our 5500 season ticket holders can be accomodated. Will beat the living daylights out of you regardless of where it's played. No doubt you'll find something else to whinge & complain about then.

You get promoted and that's the first thing you think of. You never stop do you! Youre a sad fn excuse for an inter county team. Great to have you back in Div 1. That's 2 points guaranteed and a damn good hiding to go with it 😅

I'm just 1 contrary fan, I'm sure the team itself will be focusing on the next game and trying to improve. The only thing I would like to see is that teams are treated fairly in terms of getting to play home games, it was a disgrace in 2013 to only have 2 league games played in Newbridge (our county board were culpable too).

We love that ye still have a bitter hatred against us even though we are absolutely no threat whatsoever to Dublin's dominance.

Hill16 Blues

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on March 26, 2017, 10:00:52 PM
Sure on the basis our 5500 season ticket holders can be accomodated. Will beat the living daylights out of you regardless of where it's played. No doubt you'll find something else to whinge & complain about then.

You get promoted and that's the first thing you think of. You never stop do you! Youre a sad fn excuse for an inter county team. Great to have you back in Div 1. That's 2 points guaranteed and a damn good hiding to go with it

I'm just 1 contrary fan, I'm sure the team itself will be focusing on the next game and trying to improve. The only thing I would like to see is that teams are treated fairly in terms of getting to play home games, it was a disgrace in 2013 to only have 2 league games played in Newbridge (our county board were culpable too).

We love that ye still have a bitter hatred against us even though we are absolutely no threat whatsoever to Dublin's dominance.

Bitter hatred? Nah! It's more pity and disdain. Couldn't give a fiddlers about you other you never never stop moaning & whinging about Dublin. You fckd your money away on McGeeney. You have a sh1tehole of a ground that isn't capable of hosting Div 1 games. Sort your own sh1t out and stop whinging like a fn 4 year old about Dublin.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Hill16 Blues on March 26, 2017, 10:15:38 PM

Bitter hatred? Nah! It's more pity and disdain. Couldn't give a fiddlers about you other you never never stop moaning & whinging about Dublin. You fckd your money away on McGeeney. You have a sh1tehole of a ground that isn't capable of hosting Div 1 games. Sort your own sh1t out and stop whinging like a fn 4 year old about Dublin.

Spouting vitriolic nonsense again, Kildare's financial problems of a few years ago were more down to the struggles of paying for Hawkfield. The fund-raising efforts that McGeeney put in more than made up for the relatively modest expenses /salary he made in the county (I know that for a fact). Completely off point in 2018 anyway.

Newbridge is a shithole of a ground but is more than capable of holding division 1 games and all I'm calling for is fairness in that regard. Roscommon were allowed play games in Kiltoom last year in division 1 which is a lot worse and smaller.

From the Bunker

You get promoted and that's the first thing you think of. You never stop do you! Youre a sad fn excuse for an inter county team. Great to have you back in Div 1. That's 2 points guaranteed and a damn good hiding to go with it

Says the lad who has to go to our national stadium to play their home games. Why don't ya use Parnell Park? (There won't be an answer THIB goes to bed early - It's a School night!)

Beffs

Was it not the health and safety boffins who wouldn't issue a cert for the last Kildare/Dublin game? So the Guards couldn't do whatever it is that they do, to approve the fixture being in Newbridge. The end result was the game being moved to Croke Park. It wasn't HQ that decided to screw anyone over.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Health and safety reduced the capacity while upgrades were done (a few licks of paint and some new barriers coupled with toilets improved a little). Capacity should be back up close to 10k at this stage but I'm not sure of what the official figure is. The last sell out was the 2013 game against Tyrone and even at that the Kilcullen end was empty enough. The GAA has a massive aversion to having full houses at matches.

Back in 95 it was overcrowded by all accounts and probably dangerous. Kildare won that day.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 26, 2017, 10:36:36 PM

Says the lad who has to go to our national stadium to play their home games. Why don't ya use Parnell Park? (There won't be an answer THIB goes to bed early - It's a School night!)

I wish it were a "School night".

I remember Dublin beating Mayo in the replay of the 1955 AI semi final and I can't remember many Mayo wins against the Dubs since then.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

macdanger2

Team   P   +/-   Pts.

Dublin 6   40   9
Donegal 6   12   8
Monaghan 6   6   8
Tyrone 6   10   7
Mayo 6   -5   6
Kerry 6   6   6
Cavan 6   -20   4
Roscommon 6   -49   0

So Roscommon are gone, Mayo or Cavan most likely to follow - cavan need to win to have a chance, mayo need to get something against Donegal to be safe although with a loss, it'd come down to points difference if kerry were to also lose; a draw/win for kerry in that situation would send us down. Kerry in theory could go down but they'd need to get hammered by Tyrone (12 points I think) to do so. I think either our game or Cavan's will be a draw to keep us up

At the top, anyone of the top 6 could make the final in theory but if I were a betting man, I'd go for Dublin & Donegal.

moysider

Quote from: macdanger2 on March 27, 2017, 12:04:22 AM
Team   P   +/-   Pts.

Dublin 6   40   9
Donegal 6   12   8
Monaghan 6   6   8
Tyrone 6   10   7
Mayo 6   -5   6
Kerry 6   6   6
Cavan 6   -20   4
Roscommon 6   -49   0

So Roscommon are gone, Mayo or Cavan most likely to follow - cavan need to win to have a chance, mayo need to get something against Donegal to be safe although with a loss, it'd come down to points difference if kerry were to also lose; a draw/win for kerry in that situation would send us down. Kerry in theory could go down but they'd need to get hammered by Tyrone (12 points I think) to do so. I think either our game or Cavan's will be a draw to keep us up

At the top, anyone of the top 6 could make the final in theory but if I were a betting man, I'd go for Dublin & Donegal.

Looks like we are still likely to go down. More likely that we will lose to Donegal than Cavan lose to Roscommon.

Great result today against the head today. Some top performances from likes of Clarke, Harrison, Higgins, Durkan, Barrett, Nally. Andy put in a good shift but too predictable that he is the go-to man inside all the time. He won his fair share of ball with McCarron over him like a rash, but a combination of no support and a few scatty pass attempts took the shine off. Still good. McLoughlin was good too and that winning point was class. The bench was good. Vaughan, AOS and Doherty came in, got on ball and worked and kept us in it. Parsons though, had a Rolls Royce of a game. He was always quality but his workrate now is very good also. I spent all evening wondering how Horan could have let him go in the first years of his management.
My worry going into Donegal game is that we are just not creating enough scoring chances. Once we used to piss away easy chances. We were very economical again today. Now we are relying on difficult scores. 

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on March 26, 2017, 11:53:52 PM

I remember Dublin beating Mayo in the replay of the 1955 AI semi final and I can't remember many Mayo wins against the Dubs since then.

Ah, THIB did ya get out of bed for a piss? As predicted you did not answer my question? Why don't ye use Parnell Park instead of our National Stadium? Did ye by any chance not spend a penny on it the last 20 years? And decided to use a ready made home instead? How convenient!

How many Championship games have ye won playing away to Mayo since 1955? I bet we have beaten ye more times when we are playng away from home?

Ball Hopper

Quote from: macdanger2 on March 27, 2017, 12:04:22 AM
Team   P   +/-   Pts.

Dublin 6   40   9
Donegal 6   12   8
Monaghan 6   6   8
Tyrone 6   10   7
Mayo 6   -5   6
Kerry 6   66
Cavan 6   -20   4
Roscommon 6   -49   0

So Kerry are the on the devil's number.  Some, like Fear OSB, will say it has been that way for years.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Ball Hopper on March 27, 2017, 12:41:44 AM
So Kerry are the on the devil's number.  Some, like Fear OSB, will say it has been that way for years.

Ah no, it was quite the reverse during the 2000s; angelic putty in our hands you were!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Dinny Breen

As the media salivate over Dublin's 35 game run, I have yet to see anyone point out that something like 25 of those games were played at home!!! In what other sport would get that? Of course you will get some eejit telling us that it actually is a disadvantage for Dublin playing so many games at home as teams tend to raise their own game more  ;D
#newbridgeornowhere

Hound

Quote from: reddgnhand on March 25, 2017, 11:28:42 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on March 25, 2017, 10:56:56 PM
Well done Dubs on going 35 games unbeaten. A phenomenal achievement.

Well done Dubs. Fantastic team.

Dubs certainly played great attacking football. If the opposition play open football, we'll play open football too. The downside of that of course is that it leaves opportunities for the opposition. Full back line was far less well protected and were thus exposed a good few times.

Roscommon kicked some super points in the first half, but butchered a heap of goal chances. Don't think it's an exaggeration to say Rossies had 4 clearcut goal chances in the first half.  Probably needed to take 3 of them to make a game of it.

While Roscommon have good kick passers and fielders, they lack serious pace. Of all the Division 1 teams they are the least pacy in my opinion, and probably by a distance. Which means that, especially playing the style they do, it was easy for Dublin to create scoring opportunities, just by being quick - attacking with pace, and playing quick ball.  So Ros probably not using the best tactics to get the most out of the skillsets they do have.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 27, 2017, 12:41:16 AM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on March 26, 2017, 11:53:52 PM

Ah, THIB did ya get out of bed for a piss? As predicted you did not answer my question? Why don't ye use Parnell Park instead of our National Stadium? Did ye by any chance not spend a penny on it the last 20 years? And decided to use a ready made home instead? How convenient!

How many Championship games have ye won playing away to Mayo since 1955? I bet we have beaten ye more times when we are playng away from home?

It's getting close to three quarters of a century since Mayo won a senior All Ireland. Is it not a case of "irrational exuberance" on the part of Mayo supporters to believe that they will ever win another?
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8