If you only had choice of 1.......

Started by Louther, April 21, 2021, 10:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 22, 2021, 09:11:43 PM
Quote from: Hound on April 22, 2021, 02:26:31 PM
Pig is the one I could most live without. But given the variety it would also have to be a contender if I could only keep 1!
But, for me, fish would win out for a combination of variety and health. I'd really miss my steaks though.

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 22, 2021, 01:45:47 PM
Fish without question. Only eat red meat or chicken 2-3 times a month as it is and i wouldn't change that.

Presumably you don't eat fish 27 times a month, so what's your (for want of a better phrase) "meat substitute" the rest of the month?

Basically vegetarian. This week we have had veggie lasagne, veggie moussaka, had fish tonight and cooked a lentil based chilli for tomorrow's dinner. Nothing ethical about it but I guess by default we are helping things out
Eat healthy all week, drink 20 pints of Porter at the weekend 💪
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on April 23, 2021, 08:52:55 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 22, 2021, 09:11:43 PM
Quote from: Hound on April 22, 2021, 02:26:31 PM
Pig is the one I could most live without. But given the variety it would also have to be a contender if I could only keep 1!
But, for me, fish would win out for a combination of variety and health. I'd really miss my steaks though.

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 22, 2021, 01:45:47 PM
Fish without question. Only eat red meat or chicken 2-3 times a month as it is and i wouldn't change that.

Presumably you don't eat fish 27 times a month, so what's your (for want of a better phrase) "meat substitute" the rest of the month?

Basically vegetarian. This week we have had veggie lasagne, veggie moussaka, had fish tonight and cooked a lentil based chilli for tomorrow's dinner. Nothing ethical about it but I guess by default we are helping things out
Eat healthy all week, drink 20 pints of Porter at the weekend 💪

Basically 😂