RTE on Freeview

Started by Lazer, December 13, 2010, 11:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazer

Supposedly the headline in tomorrows Irish news is the RTE is coming North via Freeview - anyone got anymore details?
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

JUst retired

I dont think it`s freeveiw,but you will have to buy a box which is something like the same system. I noticed an article in The Irish news at the weekend about this.

tbrick18

My dad recently bought a new tv with built in freeview....and RTE is actaully recieved on the digital channels. I can only get an analogue signal though.

bailestil

I can get RTE freeview, but i can't get UK freeview in Derry!

I don't know if its some sort of dissident plot to try and force irish culture on the good citizens of londonderry.

ziggysego

Quote from: tbrick18 on December 14, 2010, 08:52:05 AM
My dad recently bought a new tv with built in freeview....and RTE is actaully recieved on the digital channels. I can only get an analogue signal though.

I got a similar TV recently and had the same problem.  Point the aerial at Carlingford and you'll get RTE, TV3, RTE News and 3e.
Testing Accessibility

isourboydownyet

to recieve rte freeview in the north your set needs to be mpeg 4 compatible,most new sonys and sharps are mpeg4 with other main brands having selected models (usually higer end spec) with mpeg4.
derry dont have freeview yet and the few in derry who do get it from the limavady transmitter.
currently you can buy a freeview hd box which will get it which costs around £149

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: tbrick18 on December 14, 2010, 08:52:05 AM

If you dont mind me asking what tv did he buy?

STREET FIGHTER

So let me get this right.

There may be the possibility of receiving RTE in N.I if you have a tv with mpeg4 compatability???

Or am i completely wrong  ???

isourboydownyet

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on December 14, 2010, 07:30:36 PM

There may be the possibility of receiving RTE in N.I if you have a tv with mpeg4 compatability???

you are right as i posted above there are some tv's witch are mpeg4 compatible but your looking at mostly there higher end models,rte is on freeview channel 801 and if you are in a area which picks up rte via freeview most sets will give you audio but no picture

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: isourboydownyet on December 14, 2010, 08:09:48 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on December 14, 2010, 07:30:36 PM

you are right as i posted above there are some tv's witch are mpeg4 compatible but your looking at mostly there higher end models,rte is on freeview channel 801 and if you are in a area which picks up rte via freeview most sets will give you audio but no picture

Cheers for that.

I have perfect digital signal in derry (south)

Fairly new tv.

Tried channel 801 for the craic there- Create & Craft came on so not sure what the deal is.

Croí na hÉireann

Lads if you're getting the signal from Mexico you'll need a dvb-t2 receiver to get sound with all the channels and it's called saorView down here
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

ziggysego

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on December 15, 2010, 12:13:53 PM
Lads if you're getting the signal from Mexico you'll need a dvb-t2 receiver to get sound with all the channels and it's called saorView down here

saorView is up here too.
Testing Accessibility

Bensars

Just found out that rte are currently sending signals for freeview from the Sligo and Lonford transmitters only. It was the case that it was available on all transmitters for a short period while testing was conducted. Apparently RTE are under contract with SKY until 2012 and it therefore wont be available until then on other transmitters. Currently have perfect signal through freeview for
Rte1,Rte2,TV3,TG4,3e,Rte news now, Radio1,RnG,Radio2,gold,lyric fm,chill.
It may be of benefit to some of you

STREET FIGHTER

Bensars where are you based?

theskull1

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on December 16, 2010, 12:06:56 PM
Bensars where are you based?

More importantly, wheres that old avatar of yours  :P
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera