Division 2 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, January 16, 2023, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Scarlet

Well because the Dubs are going into a serious set-up and can be eased in. They don't need a load of players every year whereas we bring lads into chaos and a dressing room with no real leaders and a set-up that's often one year away from a heave. Then they just lose their way.

Also, for a lot of those teams we had a lot of physically big athletic lads who can't do it with fully grown men. The lack of in game intelligence with Kildare at senior levels is a joke too.

That U20 team has serious young lads who had grit and desire, but they will just be lost in the mix again. Sure FFS the Captain and midfielder of the 2018 U21 team was on the bench v Fermanagh while the goalie on that team was starting wing forward...he was hauled off at half-time. We are wasting any hope.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Itchy

Quote from: mup on February 15, 2024, 09:43:08 AM
Quote from: Itchy on February 14, 2024, 03:12:55 PM
Quote from: mup on February 14, 2024, 01:58:44 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on February 12, 2024, 01:07:51 PMAn article from Pilly Mc and then this from RTÉ on Kildare in the space of a week...

https://www.rte.ie/sport/football/2024/0209/1431485-kildare-failing-to-harness-enormous-potential/

Things are bad at the minute but you'd hope some outside attention might be a reality check. The feckin Armagh game is live on TG4 too, so more national coverage.

We talk a lot of good players, but we don't have enough relaible lads. Can I ask other posters here - your county men stand out for the clubs every week?

What people don't realise that Dublin have been winning Leinster after Leinster since 2011. That doesn't look like stopping anytime soon. Thats all down to the millions pumped into Dublin GAA by our government and the GAA.

Why would any Kildare footballer be bothered putting an effort into winning a provincial title when the odd are stacked against you?

Its only now we are seeing the result of all that.

Not all down to it, counties like Kildare and Meath have resources greater than most counties so what's their excuse?

I thought I answered that above. Players don't even have a chance of a provincial title because of the odds being stacked against them. At least in other provinces the playing field is a bit more level.

Fermanagh just easily beat Kildare in the last round of the league. Fermanagh have never won an Ulster title yet they keep at it and are relatively competitive. Not sure your point stacks up.

Taylor

Quote from: Itchy on February 15, 2024, 01:54:22 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on February 12, 2024, 01:07:51 PMAn article from Pilly Mc and then this from RTÉ on Kildare in the space of a week...

https://www.rte.ie/sport/football/2024/0209/1431485-kildare-failing-to-harness-enormous-potential/

Things are bad at the minute but you'd hope some outside attention might be a reality check. The feckin Armagh game is live on TG4 too, so more national coverage.

We talk a lot of good players, but we don't have enough relaible lads. Can I ask other posters here - your county men stand out for the clubs every week?

What people don't realise that Dublin have been winning Leinster after Leinster since 2011. That doesn't look like stopping anytime soon. Thats all down to the millions pumped into Dublin GAA by our government and the GAA.

Why would any Kildare footballer be bothered putting an effort into winning a provincial title when the odd are stacked against you?

Not all down to it, counties like Kildare and Meath have resources greater than most counties so what's their excuse?

I thought I answered that above. Players don't even have a chance of a provincial title because of the odds being stacked against them. At least in other provinces the playing field is a bit more level.

Fermanagh just easily beat Kildare in the last round of the league. Fermanagh have never won an Ulster title yet they keep at it and are relatively competitive. Not sure your point stacks up.

But Fermanagh can see no one is Ulster have gotten the handouts the Dubs have got.
So the playing field is closer to being equal in Ulster than it is in Leinster.

This always gives players hope.

In Kildare they can see the gap and can see how much money has been pumped into the Dubs

Captain Obvious

Dublin are not the side they were under Gavin however with Meath, Kildare so flaky it guarantees a provincial title for Dublin again this year. I don't think that would be the case if they were in other provinces especially Ulster.

Itchy

Quote from: Taylor on February 15, 2024, 02:17:24 PM

But Fermanagh can see no one is Ulster have gotten the handouts the Dubs have got.

In Kildare they can see the gap and can see how much money has been pumped into the Dubs

I'm sorry that just does not stack up. There's one team worth talking about in Leinster to overcome. If your fermanagh (as an example) and looking at Ulster you'll have to beat 2 or 3 of the best in Ireland to win provincial. AND they have not done it in over 100 years. Meath and Kildare need to grow a pair and stop feeling sorry for themselves!

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on February 15, 2024, 05:32:19 PM

I'm sorry that just does not stack up. There's one team worth talking about in Leinster to overcome. If your fermanagh (as an example) and looking at Ulster you'll have to beat 2 or 3 of the best in Ireland to win provincial. AND they have not done it in over 100 years. Meath and Kildare need to grow a pair and stop feeling sorry for themselves!
The big difference is that in Leinster, Itchy, Dublin have weaponised their population with the connivance of the GAA.
I think the other 11 counties should boycott the Leinster championship and run their own competition.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Armagh18

Or they could quit yapping and improve. Theres no excuse for likes of Meath and Kildare to not be competitive.

Itchy

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 15, 2024, 08:50:44 PMOr they could quit yapping and improve. Theres no excuse for likes of Meath and Kildare to not be competitive.

Ah no teams like Antrim, Down,  Fermanagh and Armagh who haven't won Ulster in ages should also quit Ulster and join up with those Leinster teams.

Captain Scarlet

KILDARE can't win a Leinster...
BUT THE DUBS...
Kildare can't beat Fermanagh...BUT THE DUBS?

We have the worst kip of a ground in the country for 25 years.
No streaming of club games and general lack of vision.

Thank you to people defending us and Meath. Leinster is goosed but Christ we don't need to lie down every year either.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on February 15, 2024, 09:21:08 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on February 15, 2024, 08:50:44 PMOr they could quit yapping and improve. Theres no excuse for likes of Meath and Kildare to not be competitive.

Ah no teams like Antrim, Down,  Fermanagh and Armagh who haven't won Ulster in ages should also quit Ulster and join up with those Leinster teams.
Quote from: Armagh18 on February 15, 2024, 08:50:44 PMOr they could quit yapping and improve. There's no excuse for likes of Meath and Kildare to not be competitive.
Why should anyone care about the Leinster football championship?The new system has downgraded it as well. It does not matter.

Kildare and Cork need to get their shit together this weekend.
The day Fermanagh win Ulster will be a great day.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

mup

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on February 15, 2024, 09:49:51 PMKILDARE can't win a Leinster...
BUT THE DUBS...
Kildare can't beat Fermanagh...BUT THE DUBS?

We have the worst kip of a ground in the country for 25 years.
No streaming of club games and general lack of vision.

Thank you to people defending us and Meath. Leinster is goosed but Christ we don't need to lie down every year either.

We're lying down since 1928. The one manager who had us competitive we couldn't wait to get rid of.

Fair enough if you think the fact that the Dubs were given millions had nothing to do with them winning 13 Leinster's in a row. Look at the 13 years before that - Kildare, Westmeath, Meath and Laois all winnings Leinster's.

Why would players from those counties be bothered? All they could win previously was a provincial title and now that's even out of reach.

mup

My point exactly. The fight is gone from the likes of Kildare and Meath.

And for the record it's the GAA I blame for letting it happen. They created a prefect storm.

Armagh18

Maybe 5 years ago. The Dubs are far from unbeatable now. Monaghan have had their number in the league the last few times and ran them close in the championship last year. No reason Kildare and Meath can't do the same given the pick of the 3 counties. And 0 excuse for them not beating Fermanagh.

If they want an example just look at Louth. They make improvements not excuses, the attitude of any of their lads you see interviewed is so refreshing to see.

mup

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 16, 2024, 10:08:48 AMMaybe 5 years ago. The Dubs are far from unbeatable now. Monaghan have had their number in the league the last few times and ran them close in the championship last year. No reason Kildare and Meath can't do the same given the pick of the 3 counties. And 0 excuse for them not beating Fermanagh.

If they want an example just look at Louth. They make improvements not excuses, the attitude of any of their lads you see interviewed is so refreshing to see.

You seem to think Fermanagh should not be beating Kildare. Why is that? Kildare have only two more provincial titles in 50 years. The same amount of AI tiles in that time. Fermanagh have every right to be beating the likes of Kildare.

Armagh18

Quote from: mup on February 16, 2024, 10:30:02 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on February 16, 2024, 10:08:48 AMMaybe 5 years ago. The Dubs are far from unbeatable now. Monaghan have had their number in the league the last few times and ran them close in the championship last year. No reason Kildare and Meath can't do the same given the pick of the 3 counties. And 0 excuse for them not beating Fermanagh.

You seem to think Fermanagh should not be beating Kildare. Why is that? Kildare have only two more provincial titles in 50 years. The same amount of AI tiles in that time. Fermanagh have every right to be beating the likes of Kildare.
Look at the pick both would have. 247k people in Kildare vs 63k people in Fermanagh before you take out the non gaa inclined demographic in Fermanagh. Kildare should absolutely be doing a lot better than they are. Look at all the strong underage teams in the last few years.

(Watch Kildare beat us Sunday now I'm saying all this!)