Derry v Galway AISF Sat 9th July 5.30pm Croke Park

Started by screenexile, June 26, 2022, 07:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galwayman

Quote from: TheMistro on June 28, 2022, 10:27:36 AM
Will Galway change keeper for next day? Is the lad that got injured in league final still not available?
Conor Flaherty wasn't on the bench the last day so must not be fit yet.
I honestly can't see them changing keepers now at this stage.
The guy James Keane that was on the bench the last day has certainly never played championship before - I don't remember him playing in the league in the past either but could be wrong there.
So it's very unlikely.

seafoid

Anthony Moyles at 1:16:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_Hv90YXsb8

"Derry haven't come up against a team with decent forwards "
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Wildweasel74

I know, Murphy, McBearty, Brennan and Langan are no good, tuh tuh. Or Mohan, McManus, McCarron either

seanyb

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 28, 2022, 10:56:28 AM
I know, Murphy, McBearty, Brennan and Langan are no good, tuh tuh. Or Mohan, McManus, McCarron either

Throw in Darren McCurry, Conor McKenna, Darragh Canavan, Cathal McShane....all no good  :o

seafoid

Not 6 decent forwards
They can shut down 2 no problem and have the half backs roaming forward.
It's an interesting match.

oakleaflad

Quote from: seafoid on June 28, 2022, 11:13:29 AM
Not 6 decent forwards
Defend together, attack together. This doesn't really happen. McKaigue man marks yes but still gets on the ball, probably our least impactful runner at this stage too so will see that least out of him. All our backs will roam forward regardless of who they're marking though.
In saying that you've fine forwards and in better form than the other counties we've faced. As I said i'd genuinely have you favorites for the game. You'll just get scores that bit easier I think.

seafoid

Quote from: oakleaflad on June 28, 2022, 11:24:45 AM
Not 6 decent forwards
Defend together, attack together. This doesn't really happen. McKaigue man marks yes but still gets on the ball, probably our least impactful runner at this stage too so will see that least out of him. All our backs will roam forward regardless of who they're marking though.
In saying that you've fine forwards and in better form than the other counties we've faced. As I said i'd genuinely have you favorites for the game. You'll just get scores that bit easier I think.
It should be a great match

tbrick18

Galway better forwards than Derry.
Derry better defence than Galway.
MF probably equal.

Has the makings of a brilliant game. I hope we can nick it.

I would expect that after all the furore around the row with Armagh there will be suspensions and really that's a lottery around who and how long. So Galway could suffer for that, but time will tell.

trueblue1234

Not 6 decent forwards

They've played against better forwards already this year so I don't think they will fear Galway in that sense. Be interesting as it could be argued both teams are playing above their perceived levels from the start of the year. So will the fear of the bubble bursting for either team have an impact. I think it's less likely to happen for Derry as they seem to have a more imbedded system imo. Unfortunately. 😳
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Ancharraig123

Is the upper davin (section 721) too high to get any sort of good view of the game?

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Ancharraig123 on June 28, 2022, 12:33:40 PM
Is the upper davin (section 721) too high to get any sort of good view of the game?

Depends what row you are in. If in the lower rows (they start with a) you'll have a good view.

Ancharraig123

Row M could be pushing it then. I seen an online photo and it looked okay but hard to tell

trailer

There's no bad seat in the upper decks. I always sit there if I have the choice.

jmk

The upper deck is a different experience to the lower deck, it gives you a great sense of the movement of the players in comparison but not as much of an up close view of the nitty gritty of the game, So it depends on your preferences.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Ancharraig123 on June 28, 2022, 12:51:59 PM
Row M could be pushing it then. I seen an online photo and it looked okay but hard to tell

You'll still have a good view and see everything that's happening. It can be just hard to pick out individual players down at hill end. There seems to be central upper cusack tickets available online.