Armagh v Galway AIQF

Started by tonto1888, June 13, 2022, 03:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Where too start with that, couldn't believe what I was watching but all the Galway posters on here now Gleeson is a complete liability, ironically he porbably had his best day on kickouts yesterday. To concede 3 goals as bad as that and still win takes some doing, didn't think it at the time but winning that way will help Galway going forward. Joyce will have learned a lot about his players on Sunday.

After the sending off Galway pressed Rafferty's kickouts and think they won everyone he kicked until Galway went 6 points ahead and then they decided to let Armagh have the ball which nearly cost them; If their going to sit back then they should have either Conroy or Tierney in front of the keeper.

From about 20 minutes on Galway were very good, going from 3 points down to 6 points up whilst not relying on Conroy & Walsh; Finnerty again was superb, Tierney had his best game this summer and McDaid was just outstanding. Looks like Joyce has found a role to get the best out of him, looked every inch a potential All Star as a 20 year old but after coming back from Australia he could never stay fit.

There'd was always a lot of talk about Galway's forwards in recent years which was a load of nonsense but this year they've been brilliant. In normal time Galway's shot percentage must have been about 80%, think they hit more wides in extra time then in the first 70 mins. There's a good balance to that front 8, they all scored from play yesterday but will probably look back and think they left a few goals behind them.

These chances don't come around too often, don't think foreseen a Galway v Derry semi final coming prior to the championship but someone is going to make the final out of nowhere.

Always have a soft spot for Armagh, had a club trip over as a 13 year old to Cullyhanna which was a different experience for bunch of lads from Manchester, they've brought a crowd to a quarter final that no other county could match. Lets hope their here to stay, suspect they will.

blanketattack

skeog

Kieran Mc Geeney must be the most overated manager who has won nothing in 14 years.His after match interview was schoolboy stuff.

Armamike

Just out of interest, who is overrating him?
That's just, like your opinion man.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: blanketattack on June 28, 2022, 10:51:02 AM
Good article by a previous eye-gouge perpetrator:
https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/rugby/arid-30482075.html

"It wasn't a conscious decision, I just grabbed anything I could"

And because he just grabbed anything he could he suffered for it, instead of not getting involved and letting the two lads get on with whatever shit they wanted to do he's now (rightly) going to have to take the flack that goes with his actions.

It makes no sense if two people want to go at each other let them... The manager says that at the start of the year and any fool who wants to 'separate' them is kicked off the panel. There is no defending it from any angle or quarter.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Taylor

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 28, 2022, 11:59:36 AM
Quote from: blanketattack on June 28, 2022, 10:51:02 AM
Good article by a previous eye-gouge perpetrator:
https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/rugby/arid-30482075.html

"It wasn't a conscious decision, I just grabbed anything I could"

And because he just grabbed anything he could he suffered for it, instead of not getting involved and letting the two lads get on with whatever shit they wanted to do he's now (rightly) going to have to take the flack that goes with his actions.

It makes no sense if two people want to go at each other let them... The manager says that at the start of the year and any fool who wants to 'separate' them is kicked off the panel. There is no defending it from any angle or quarter.

Its a team sport - and you should know that players will always back each other up.

Do you really think if Con OC or P Clifford came in to pull a player off a team mate who was getting it tight they would be kicked off the panel?

J70

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 28, 2022, 12:23:09 PM
https://hoganstand.com/Article/Index/324032

If he is devastated (and I am genuinely sure he is utterly ashamed and embarrassed), let's hope he takes his punishment like a man.

Unlike most of the rest of the intercounty world.

tonto1888

Quote from: J70 on June 28, 2022, 12:31:12 PM

If he is devastated (and I am genuinely sure he is utterly ashamed and embarrassed), let's hope he takes his punishment like a man.

I would hope he will.
Just out of interest, what is the likely punishment? What does the rulebook state?

general_lee

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 28, 2022, 12:34:50 PM

I would hope he will.
Just out of interest, what is the likely punishment? What does the rulebook state?
Heard talk of 6 months? Genuinely don't know though. He's injured so it might not impact that much depending on how long he's out for.

yellowcard

After the initial lynching on social media with politicians and broadcasters wading in, the lad deserves to be left alone. Accept that he made a mistake in the heat of the moment and thankfully nobody got injured. I'm sure he has apologised to Comer behind closed doors and thats the way it should be, leave it at that. It will subside in a few days anyway as the permanently outraged mob will just move on to somebody else.

Dreadnought

Quote from: Armamike on June 28, 2022, 11:38:50 AM

Personally for me, it's not so much over rated, but head scratching that he's been a manager for so long with his record. Anyone else with that Championship record with a team would be cast out long ago.

jmk

Quote from: charlieTully on June 27, 2022, 09:53:35 PM
Quote from: general_lee on June 27, 2022, 09:50:24 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on June 27, 2022, 09:34:26 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on June 27, 2022, 09:11:01 PM
After the match, someone said to me, "It wasn't Armagh's day", but they were wrong. Yesterday WAS Armagh's day, and it was one of the all-time great days in Croke Park.
Armagh brought everything to Croker yesterday, the noise, the fans, the colour, the excitement, the atmosphere, the chaos, the unpredictability, the hail marys, the goals, the comebacks, the schmozzle, the penalties. The list goes on.
The media are focusing on the row, but real GAA people will always remember yesterday for the amazing sense of occasion.
The Armagh game was followed by 2nd gear Kerry beating perennial losers Mayo, and was preceded the previous night by boring boring Dublin handpassing around a gutless Cork team who only brought about 300 supporters with them. If this is the sort of safe and sanitized football that RTÉ and the rest of the outraged media want then good luck to them.
Yesterday Armagh people voted with their feet, and thronged to Dublin in their tens of thousands to watch a team that are not afraid.  They rose to the challenge to 'Turn Croker Orange'  Someone has to win, and someone has to lose, but Armagh helped to restore something great to the GAA yesterday. They lost the game, but they never gave up, they made mistakes but were willing to take the risks. If you combine a team like this with the most fervent supporters in Ireland then you create the special kind of aura that we were lucky to witness yesterday and if they can keep that going next year then there is a chance that maybe Armagh can become the Saviours of Gaelic Football.

Stolen from another site

Read it all now. Ffs.
Lol. You down boys are raging  ;D

Come back after the 5th lad.

Maybe you come back when the second round of the Tailteann cup is even a realistic possibility for Down

trailer

Quote from: Armamike on June 28, 2022, 11:38:50 AM

People in Armagh. His championship record is woeful.