Armagh v Galway AIQF

Started by tonto1888, June 13, 2022, 03:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eire90

wonder if it will be on nolan first thing tommorow

An Watcher

I think it's all Tyrones fault

galwayman

Sean Kelly did absolutely nothing to warrant a red card. f**king joke.
Ditto the Armagh number 13 did absolutely nothing either and got red.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 26, 2022, 10:48:28 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 26, 2022, 10:47:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 26, 2022, 10:31:44 PM
You make your bed you lie in it, sane in life, and generally if you're a **** you'll act a **** daily, whoever goes out and tries to gouge someone's eye out is a **** and deserves all that comes his way

..............ah now, let him without sin cast the first stone.
I'd say MR has had a day in the club.

Nope, came home after refereeing, watched that and thought pure **** action, and anyone defending it is a Cnut.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

onefineday

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 27, 2022, 12:14:45 AM
Row as usual could been sorted by 2 lads when Donaghy had seperate them, as usual both sets of players plus subs again piled in. No f**king discpline in players 1. Because managers don't deal with it, 2. Melees make it harder to identify  culprits. 3.players don't take responsibility for their actions, 4.Gaa don't bother their ass to sort it out and take a rugby type discipline approach, limit the rule book on appeals, close all loop holes, any appealed decision doubled if unsuccessful. How many other sports do you seen this shambles, with the usual it's only handbags, nobody got hurt etc to define it. It makes the Gaa a laughing stock.
Spot on. It's time we in the gaa started accepting the consequences of the actions of our players. It starts with management and extends to club and county officials, player clearly transgresses, gets punished, accept the punishment - don't look for some procedural technicality to get the player off.
Of course, the gaa could speed this along by engaging a team of suitably qualified legal personnel to make the rules, sanction and appeals procedures water tight. Might take a few hundred K, but it would be money well spent.

onefineday

Quote from: galwayman on June 27, 2022, 12:43:12 AM
Sean Kelly did absolutely nothing to warrant a red card. f**king joke.
Ditto the Armagh number 13 did absolutely nothing either and got red.
From what I saw Kelly was a credit to his team and county. Without wanting to be a total hypocrite in light of my last post, he needs to appeal🤭🤭

Main Street

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on June 27, 2022, 12:21:08 AM
Genuine question.

Why are non playing panel members on or near the pitch? How many of these mills see lads hopping a fence to get stuck in. Are there any rules around this?

Treat them like the rest of the paying public - pitch invaders - abd it will stop immediately.
Funny that you felt a need to preface your post with 'genuine question' as if being genuine is the exception.
There is a rule covering the unauthorised entry of non players onto the pitch and getting involved in affairs, Darren Hughes was given a ban for such a deed.
You can look it up in the book.

trileacman

Quote from: Main Street on June 27, 2022, 01:28:29 AM
Genuine question.

Why are non playing panel members on or near the pitch? How many of these mills see lads hopping a fence to get stuck in. Are there any rules around this?

Treat them like the rest of the paying public - pitch invaders - abd it will stop immediately.
Funny that you felt a need to preface your post with 'genuine question' as if being genuine is the exception.
There is a rule covering the unauthorised entry of non players onto the pitch and getting involved in affairs, Darren Hughes was given a ban for such a deed.
You can look it up in the book.

They get away with it all the time though. AOS came on last year after being subbed for being shit and started a melee. He should have been banned for the final but of course got off cause it's GAA rules
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Armagh18

Quote from: blanketattack on June 26, 2022, 11:24:38 PM
After seeing Armagh's red card and behaviour today, I think we've been wrong about Tyrone - compared to other teams in Ulster, Tyrone are a sporting, clean, non-cynical team of good honest men.

With the Galway goalkeeper having such a horror show today, you'd have thought the Armagh penalty takers would have been told to at least keep their penalties on target.
Feck sake if only they'd thought of that.

Captain Obvious

In fairness to Pádraic Joyce he called it like it is. 

Choice of penalties by the GAA is 'disgraceful'

"It's a horrible way to lose it and that's not the fault of the Armagh players, it's the fault of the GAA and the condensed season,"

"My heart goes out to Armagh. Kieran McGeeney and the boys have put in a savage effort; they have been the form team and their supporters brought fantastic colour down here today. The roar when Rian O'Neill levelled the game in normal time was deafening.

"It beggars belief as to why we couldn't have had a replay next weekend. That might sound simple for me to say because we won the game, but that was my over-riding feeling at full-time.

"It such a hard way to lose a game after putting in such an effort over the last couple; Kieran has put so much work in with them and we've also put in the work over the last two or three years, training Tuesdays and Thursdays, and at weekends. To decide the outcome on a penalty shootout.... we're not soccer, we're GAA. To me it's disgraceful it had to happen."

Armagh18

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 27, 2022, 07:00:57 AM
In fairness to Pádraic Joyce he called it like it is. 

Choice of penalties by the GAA is 'disgraceful'

"It's a horrible way to lose it and that's not the fault of the Armagh players, it's the fault of the GAA and the condensed season,"

"My heart goes out to Armagh. Kieran McGeeney and the boys have put in a savage effort; they have been the form team and their supporters brought fantastic colour down here today. The roar when Rian O'Neill levelled the game in normal time was deafening.

"It beggars belief as to why we couldn't have had a replay next weekend. That might sound simple for me to say because we won the game, but that was my over-riding feeling at full-time.

"It such a hard way to lose a game after putting in such an effort over the last couple; Kieran has put so much work in with them and we've also put in the work over the last two or three years, training Tuesdays and Thursdays, and at weekends. To decide the outcome on a penalty shootout.... we're not soccer, we're GAA. To me it's disgraceful it had to happen."
Yeah I think most are in agreement about that.

marty34

Genuine question.

Was thinking do they all actually go into the changing room at half-time and before extra-time?

Changing room isn't that overly big so it must be jam packed.

You'd think manager would only want 20 players or so in there plus management and physios etc.

Gael80

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 26, 2022, 11:29:05 PM
Some one has to be disappointed. Dragging this out for another week for Amateur players is wrong. If you are good enough to win over 70+ or 90+ minutes then good. If not you can't have any complaints going out to penalties.

Media sources will say otherwise because they want to sell more papers, podcasts, TV advertising etc.

I'd disagree, it was unfair on amateur players and a lost opportunity for football as a whole. We probably can't allow two replays so a decide on the day rule could possibly be brought in for the replay, but if it's a draw after extra time on match one it should be a replay, amateur players deserve that at least.

Football hasn't had a great season overall a replay would have increased interest across the country, who wouldn't have watched Armagh Galway part 2. The fact a lot of inter county players have headed stateside which they're right to do shows the idea of the spilt season hasn't had the expected benefit for clubs.

I don't expect next season QF's to be decided on pens on day 1, I think they'll find room in the schedule for at least one replay after such a high profile, epic game went that way yesterday.

marty34

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 27, 2022, 12:14:45 AM
Row as usual could been sorted by 2 lads when Donaghy had seperate them, as usual both sets of players plus subs again piled in. No f**king discpline in players 1. Because managers don't deal with it, 2. Melees make it harder to identify  culprits. 3.players don't take responsibility for their actions, 4.Gaa don't bother their ass to sort it out and take a rugby type discipline approach, limit the rule book on appeals, close all loop holes, any appealed decision doubled if unsuccessful. How many other sports do you seen this shambles, with the usual it's only handbags, nobody got hurt etc to define it. It makes the Gaa a laughing stock.

Good post.

GAA could nip a lot of this in the bud.

BennyHarp

It'll be interesting to see how many suspensions get handed out. How a ref can stand back and send multiple Tyrone men off in a league game for contributing to a melee then another ref stands back and sends one each off yesterday just really does make a joke of the GAA rules. Unfortunately, if a large number of players aren't suspended it will be used as a precedent for appeals for the next 20 years.
That was never a square ball!!