Armagh v Galway AIQF

Started by tonto1888, June 13, 2022, 03:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Some one has to be disappointed. Dragging this out for another week for Amateur players is wrong. If you are good enough to win over 70+ or 90+ minutes then good. If not you can't have any complaints going out to penalties.

Media sources will say otherwise because they want to sell more papers, podcasts, TV advertising etc.

tonto1888

Quote from: blanketattack on June 26, 2022, 11:24:38 PM
After seeing Armagh's red card and behaviour today, I think we've been wrong about Tyrone - compared to other teams in Ulster, Tyrone are a sporting, clean, non-cynical team of good honest men.

With the Galway goalkeeper having such a horror show today, you'd have thought the Armagh penalty takers would have been told to at least keep their penalties on target.

That's where they went wrong. The management clearly told the players to not hit the target....

OrchardOrange

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 26, 2022, 09:55:13 PM
Just home. Some thoughts.
1. Wel done Galway. Better team. Deserved winners. It was a smash and grab raid at the end from us. We never really got going otherwise.
2. The ref. No complaints. He gave some soft frees but against both teams. I thought McCabe made a fair but hard shoulder challenge but apparently he raised his arm so had to go.
3. The melee. Sadly we are the common denominator and while it looked like Comer was the instigator we have only ourselves to blame for getting involved. Again.
4. The gouge. I do not believe for one second, and won't be convinced otherwise, that he meant to do that. However he did it. The pictures don't look good and he will have to face the consequences of his own actions and take whatever ban comes his way.
5. Penalties. What more can I say. Gutted to lose that way

Lastly, and it is with a heavy heart that I wrote this. I am ashamed to be an Armagh fan today. My nephew is 5. He was in the toilet with his dad. 5 grown men. Armagh supporters, got into a fight. One of them knocked my nephew over. The lad is traumatised. He will get over it but will he want to go back to a game again? Woukd you blame him if he didn't. The guys were wearing Armagh tops. My nephew thought they were players ffs. At this stage I am not sure I want to go back to a game.

Anyway. Best of luck to Galway against Derry in the semifinal

Tonto, I'm guessing you're either a relative or friend of the player involved but the worst possible thing anyone can do is pretend that was accidental Excuse it with a rush of the blood moment or whatever but noone associated with Armagh GAA should make an excuse for it. Just call it for what it is ffs

tonto1888

Quote from: OrchardOrange on June 26, 2022, 11:43:37 PM
1. Wel done Galway. Better team. Deserved winners. It was a smash and grab raid at the end from us. We never really got going otherwise.
2. The ref. No complaints. He gave some soft frees but against both teams. I thought McCabe made a fair but hard shoulder challenge but apparently he raised his arm so had to go.
3. The melee. Sadly we are the common denominator and while it looked like Comer was the instigator we have only ourselves to blame for getting involved. Again.
4. The gouge. I do not believe for one second, and won't be convinced otherwise, that he meant to do that. However he did it. The pictures don't look good and he will have to face the consequences of his own actions and take whatever ban comes his way.

Lastly, and it is with a heavy heart that I wrote this. I am ashamed to be an Armagh fan today. My nephew is 5. He was in the toilet with his dad. 5 grown men. Armagh supporters, got into a fight. One of them knocked my nephew over. The lad is traumatised. He will get over it but will he want to go back to a game again? Woukd you blame him if he didn't. The guys were wearing Armagh tops. My nephew thought they were players ffs. At this stage I am not sure I want to go back to a game.

Tonto, I'm guessing you're either a relative or friend of the player involved but the worst possible thing anyone can do is pretend that was accidental Excuse it with a rush of the blood moment or whatever but noone associated with Armagh GAA should make an excuse for it. Just call it for what it is ffs

Same club tho my playing days are long since over and I don't actually know him. I wrote that having only seen the photo. I've since seen the video and can't excuse him. He will have a deserved ban coming. I hope he takes it and learns from it and moves on from it. Also hope he is allowed to move on from it. As has been said, the witch hunt on SM is behind a joke

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: armaghniac on June 26, 2022, 08:50:07 PM
Everyone involved in the melee should be suspended from inter county football for the rest of 2022.

On the basis Tiernan Kelly had no business being on the pitch, treat him like the Louth fans in 2010 and give him a day out in court.

I'm serious. It's not a schmozzle when pitch invasions are involved.

Sportacus

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on June 26, 2022, 11:46:36 PM
Everyone involved in the melee should be suspended from inter county football for the rest of 2022.

On the basis Tiernan Kelly had no business being on the pitch, treat him like the Louth fans in 2010 and give him a day out in court.

Did you call for Philly McMahon to see court when he gouged?

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 26, 2022, 11:45:56 PM

Same club tho my playing days are long since over and I don't actually know him. I wrote that having only seen the photo. I've since seen the video and can't excuse him. He will have a deserved ban coming. I hope he takes it and learns from it and moves on from it. Also hope he is allowed to move on from it. As has been said, the witch hunt on SM is behind a joke

Fairly reasoned post there tbh. Sorry the young one got caught up in that

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Sportacus on June 26, 2022, 11:52:50 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on June 26, 2022, 11:46:36 PM

Did you call for Philly McMahon to see court when he gouged?

He was a player not a spectator so a different set of rules apply.

But I wouldn't have complained if he took a ban.

Wildweasel74

Row as usual could been sorted by 2 lads when Donaghy had seperate them, as usual both sets of players plus subs again piled in. No f**king discpline in players 1. Because managers don't deal with it, 2. Melees make it harder to identify  culprits. 3.players don't take responsibility for their actions, 4.Gaa don't bother their ass to sort it out and take a rugby type discipline approach, limit the rule book on appeals, close all loop holes, any appealed decision doubled if unsuccessful. How many other sports do you seen this shambles, with the usual it's only handbags, nobody got hurt etc to define it. It makes the Gaa a laughing stock.

Baile Brigín 2

Genuine question.

Why are non playing panel members on or near the pitch? How many of these mills see lads hopping a fence to get stuck in. Are there any rules around this?

Treat them like the rest of the paying public - pitch invaders - abd it will stop immediately.

Throw ball

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 27, 2022, 12:00:22 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 26, 2022, 11:45:56 PM

Fairly reasoned post there tbh. Sorry the young one got caught up in that

Tonto I hope you nephew is OK. With so many supporters there you will sadly always get some prats.

I agree with your on Kelly. He let himself and team mates down. He will realise that. Let him take his ban and learn from it. Many won't agree but he will need support too to cope with the repercussions.

SG08

Armagh unlucky. Red card was a horroble decision. Armagh will be happy with their 2 all irelands this year after beating tyrone and after beating donegal. First round of ulster and all ireland quarter final to show for it

Wildweasel74

And what about the nxt time their another Armagh melee, will the subs ever learn to stay out of it, if the managers attitude is, someone pushes you, push them back. He still on the playground in primary school or sthing?

Wildweasel74

I thought the red card was wrong and only a yellow originally but the replays showed different. Armagh should lost Morgan as well.

galwayman

Only just seen the footage of the full time incident.
Dirty tr**p needs to get a lengthy ban.
I just don't get this gouging stuff at all and why anyone would even attempt it. It's pure cowardice