Armagh v Galway AIQF

Started by tonto1888, June 13, 2022, 03:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 26, 2022, 09:27:48 PM
Armagh are not near tight enough marking in defense. Still a bit of improvement required.

As for suspensions that boy who did the eye gouging has his face all over social media so he has been got hook line and sinker.
His name is actually trending on Twitter!

screenexile

Armagh turned down at least 4 goal scoring opportunities they could have had the game won if they'd had a bit more courage!

imtommygunn

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 26, 2022, 09:34:06 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 26, 2022, 09:27:48 PM
Armagh are not near tight enough marking in defense. Still a bit of improvement required.

As for suspensions that boy who did the eye gouging has his face all over social media so he has been got hook line and sinker.
His name is actually trending on Twitter!

I would say he would be best shutting down his social media accounts!

tyroneman

Rian stole some amount of yards for that final free lol. Fair play to him, they all do it - funny how club refs will blow for this but I've never seen a County ref call it

screenexile

Hall could have gone for goal too!!

Tony Baloney

McGeeney gave a poor enough account of himself when interviewed earlier by Sidebottom.

general_lee

Armagh also kicked an easy wide right at the end that would have won it  :(

Orior

Great game - gaelic football is the best.

Armagh six points down, a man down and then the give us the best 28 minutes ever. Hope everyone stays on the panel for next year.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

tonto1888

Just home. Some thoughts.
1. Wel done Galway. Better team. Deserved winners. It was a smash and grab raid at the end from us. We never really got going otherwise.
2. The ref. No complaints. He gave some soft frees but against both teams. I thought McCabe made a fair but hard shoulder challenge but apparently he raised his arm so had to go.
3. The melee. Sadly we are the common denominator and while it looked like Comer was the instigator we have only ourselves to blame for getting involved. Again.
4. The gouge. I do not believe for one second, and won't be convinced otherwise, that he meant to do that. However he did it. The pictures don't look good and he will have to face the consequences of his own actions and take whatever ban comes his way.
5. Penalties. What more can I say. Gutted to lose that way

Lastly, and it is with a heavy heart that I wrote this. I am ashamed to be an Armagh fan today. My nephew is 5. He was in the toilet with his dad. 5 grown men. Armagh supporters, got into a fight. One of them knocked my nephew over. The lad is traumatised. He will get over it but will he want to go back to a game again? Woukd you blame him if he didn't. The guys were wearing Armagh tops. My nephew thought they were players ffs. At this stage I am not sure I want to go back to a game.

Anyway. Best of luck to Galway against Derry in the semifinal

Itchy

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 26, 2022, 09:55:13 PM
Just home. Some thoughts.
1. Wel done Galway. Better team. Deserved winners. It was a smash and grab raid at the end from us. We never really got going otherwise.
2. The ref. No complaints. He gave some soft frees but against both teams. I thought McCabe made a fair but hard shoulder challenge but apparently he raised his arm so had to go.
3. The melee. Sadly we are the common denominator and while it looked like Comer was the instigator we have only ourselves to blame for getting involved. Again.
4. The gouge. I do not believe for one second, and won't be convinced otherwise, that he meant to do that. However he did it. The pictures don't look good and he will have to face the consequences of his own actions and take whatever ban comes his way.
5. Penalties. What more can I say. Gutted to lose that way

Lastly, and it is with a heavy heart that I wrote this. I am ashamed to be an Armagh fan today. My nephew is 5. He was in the toilet with his dad. 5 grown men. Armagh supporters, got into a fight. One of them knocked my nephew over. The lad is traumatised. He will get over it but will he want to go back to a game again? Woukd you blame him if he didn't. The guys were wearing Armagh tops. My nephew thought they were players ffs. At this stage I am not sure I want to go back to a game.

Anyway. Best of luck to Galway against Derry in the semifinal

I'm sorry to hear that about your nephew. Unfortunately big games bring the dickheads out of the woodwork. Get him going to league games where them boys are not at. I think you assessment is fair but the eye gouge looks so deliberate,  I just can't see any mitigation against it.

imtommygunn

If the eye gouge wasn't intentional then what was he trying to do? I don't understand how it couldn't have been intentional tbh.

tonto1888

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 26, 2022, 10:08:26 PM
If the eye gouge wasn't intentional then what was he trying to do? I don't understand how it couldn't have been intentional tbh.

Looks like he could be trying to push the guy away and connects with his eyes. I don't know. I'm sitting here with a heavy heart and it isn't just the result that is making it that way. Maybe I just don't want to think an Armagh player, a player form my own town and club, would do that.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 26, 2022, 09:55:13 PM

Disgusting.

They'll probably be that full by the end of the night they'll remember nothing of it tomorrow. 5 tramps of the highest order.
i usse an speelchekor

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 26, 2022, 10:08:26 PM
Intentional or not he had absolutely no need to get involved at all let alone blindside a player and put his hand across his face. It's a peculiar approach if not trying to gouge. Anyway he'll be hung, drawn and quartered by the morning which always feels a bit off for an amateur sportsman.