Armagh v Galway AIQF

Started by tonto1888, June 13, 2022, 03:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muck Savage

Alternate possession each starting from a GK kickout. team A  start from their GK, once the ball goes out over the end line, point, goal they loose possession. If the other team turn them over they get an opportunity to score at the other end, but it needs to go dead. If team A score first, team B need to score to keep it going, if turned over Team A need to kill the ball by kicking wide or score.

Could be a great way to get a winner and it would be a team effort to win

Louther

If it's finish on the day, I've yet to see a better answer to penalties to finish a game in any team sport in the world.

Keep playing periods of extra time maybe but players already out on their feet.

With penalties it's the exact same for both players and teams.

Some of the alternatives been suggested.......FFS.

Interesting that Galway had practiced for them and played them at end of a few challenge games. That's some preparation and the teams have accepted them. Pat Spillane just thinks that everything some be the same as the 80s when Kerry reigned supreme.

Rossfan

Some 3 hours of drama and the fight thrown in.
Great entertainment.
Spillane and others decrying penalties obviously want Club games banished to October so they can have replays.
Hard way to lose but with 5 minutes to go Armagh would have gladly taken penalties.
Galway might need to change their goalie though.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

SouthDublinBro

The mask slipped again. Same old Armagh. They could start a fight over the drop of a hat. I wonder if it's that same old bitterness "ye forgot about us" begrudgery that a lot of republican nordies seem to harbour? Whatever the reason, I'm glad they have been well and truly exposed to the neutral.

Sportacus

Incredible spirit from both teams - Kelly, Tierney, Finnerty all showed Galway aren't just about Comer and Walsh.  Galway will be a tough task for Derry.

Not sure how the row happened but it's lingered around Armagh all year as a problem. For me they didn't own the indiscipline problem earlier in the year - they'd rather appeal than sort it out internally.  So same old today. The subs disgraced themselves and unfortunately it's something people will associate with Armagh as well as the great football they play.  (And we haven't even had the Sunday Game yet).

charlieTully

What a buzz. Its the hope that kills you. Take oneill out of that team they are nothing. Thank you Galway.

tintin25

Quote from: Louther on June 26, 2022, 06:49:17 PM
If it's finish on the day, I've yet to see a better answer to penalties to finish a game in any team sport in the world.

Interesting that Galway had practiced for them and played them at end of a few challenge games. That's some preparation and the teams have accepted them. Pat Spillane just thinks that everything some be the same as the 80s when Kerry reigned supreme.

Some nonsense proposals indeed.

Eire90

who actually uses the word nordie unless your some sort of pro tory or west brit

marty34

Quote from: Sportacus on June 26, 2022, 07:02:52 PM
Incredible spirit from both teams - Kelly, Tierney, Finnerty all showed Galway aren't just about Comer and Walsh.  Galway will be a tough task for Derry.

Not sure how the row happened but it's lingered around Armagh all year as a problem. For me they didn't own the indiscipline problem earlier in the year - they'd rather appeal than sort it out internally.  So same old today. The subs disgraced themselves and unfortunately it's something people will associate with Armagh as well as the great football they play.  (And we haven't even had the Sunday Game yet).

Must get the popcorn in for that.

Spillane won't be on it at least.

OrchardOrange

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on June 26, 2022, 07:04:32 PM
Quote from: Louther on June 26, 2022, 06:49:17 PM

Back in the winter, I recall the Tyrone County Committee sending out a message to clubs in the county asking for suggestions other than a penalty shoot-out to ultimately decide the winner of a fixture where there had to be a "winner on the day".

They didn't get one response back.

Youse Tyrone boys love the soccer

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Incredible game and fantastic entertainment. Galway were a few points the better team in normal team but their inability to deal with the high ball and then kicking away possession when they all had to do was hold the ball cost them dearly. They were otherwise very impressive but lot of questions about the way they almost threw that away. At the same time they deserve credit for keeping going after the disappointment of the final minutes then going a goal down in extra time. Will be a fascinating game against Derry, but that naivety would be punished by Derry you'd expect.

Tough to take for Armagh. For all Galway will be wondering how it went to extra time, Armagh still had to find a way to get those scores and they did. I had a lot of questions about Armagh through the league and early in the Championship but there are certainly reasons to be positive if they can build on the last few weeks.

Only negative today was the brawl. Absolutely ridiculous and embarrassing for the sport. Need to see strong punishments (that aren't rescinded on appeal).

Hound

Quote from: Eire90 on June 26, 2022, 07:09:41 PM
who actually uses the word nordie unless your some sort of pro tory or west brit
Ironic that someone who finds 'nordie' offensive thinks it's fine to use the term  'west brit'

Any why on earth would a tory use the term? 😆

naka

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on June 26, 2022, 07:02:39 PM
The mask slipped again. Same old Armagh. They could start a fight over the drop of a hat. I wonder if it's that same old bitterness "ye forgot about us" begrudgery that a lot of republican nordies seem to harbour? Whatever the reason, I'm glad they have been well and truly exposed to the neutral.
Think that's says more about you view in the split than us in the north

Eire90

Quote from: Hound on June 26, 2022, 07:15:49 PM
Ironic that someone who finds 'nordie' offensive thinks it's fine to use the term  'west brit'

where did i say i find nordie offensive

Hound

Quote from: Eire90 on June 26, 2022, 07:17:24 PM
Quote from: Hound on June 26, 2022, 07:15:49 PM

where did i say i find nordie offensive
Well then stop your moaning nordie and stop using offensive terms.