Armagh v Galway AIQF

Started by tonto1888, June 13, 2022, 03:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

Why did RTE continually cut to McGeeney, Donaghy and McKeever as if we were watching the great minds of the GAA in action? Have any of them won anything of note as managers?

clarshack

Penalties are a good way to finish it and I'll say that even if Tyrone end up losing one in the future. The same Armagh ones whinging about penalties tonight no doubt were jumping for joy when the current team playing out of Ibrox lost a recent Euro final on pens.

armaghniac

Ibrox has nothing to do with it

45s might be more suitable, there are generally more 45s in a game then penalties.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

marty34

Quote from: armaghniac on June 26, 2022, 05:49:56 PM

45s might be more suitable, there are generally more 45s in a game then penalties.

Sour grapes.

As I said before, every team knows about extra-time and penalties before the game.

Excuses.

Ironicallly, on 70 mins, Armagh people would have bitten your hand off if you offered them penalties then.

JP

A replay after extra time is the best way! There would be some craic all week in the build up. Galway were the better team and deserved to win though I thought they got some frees alot easier then armagh did.

armaghniac

No sour grapes. Armagh could have missed a 45 also.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

clarshack

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on June 26, 2022, 05:53:55 PM

Many more players would be more comfortable kicking a penalty than a 45.

Not too many would score a 45 at the end of extra time.

Dreadnought

Quote from: JP on June 26, 2022, 05:53:12 PM
A replay after extra time is the best way! There would be some craic all week in the build up. Galway were the better team and deserved to win though I thought they got some frees alot easier then armagh did.

Where we squeezing that into? Where, and will it be on TV? Next weekend is for hurling. And players know next weekend is off for them regardless. We all knew it was on the day, officials, players, supporters. We deal with it, as that's the calendar we wanted

Dreadnought

Quote from: clarshack on June 26, 2022, 05:57:00 PM

And not many players can take one. It's a rare skill. Penalties can be taken by practically any player. They make more sense

JP

Quote from: Dreadnought on June 26, 2022, 06:01:33 PM
Quote from: JP on June 26, 2022, 05:53:12 PM

Where we squeezing that into? Where, and will it be on TV? Next weekend is for hurling. And players know next weekend is off for them regardless. We all knew it was on the day, officials, players, supporters. We deal with it, as that's the calendar we wanted

Who is we? It's certainly not the calender I would have wanted. We managed to have replays for years with no issue. Regardless the re-introdiction of the super 8 next year proves there is room for more games under the current "calender"

mrdeeds

Exactly. And players wrecked after extra time trying to kick from 45. Don't be ridiculous.

Eire90

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on June 26, 2022, 06:02:19 PM

Yip. It's pretty simple. They want to finish on the day due to the shorter season. I've yet to see a suggestion that betters penalties for that.
Kicking 45s ffs.

they can finish it on the day by having the first to two or three points after nomal extra time i cant believe the gaa have not thought of that or maybe they have.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Eire90 on June 26, 2022, 06:28:52 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on June 26, 2022, 06:02:19 PM

Yip. It's pretty simple. They want to finish on the day due to the shorter season. I've yet to see a suggestion that betters penalties for that.
Kicking 45s ffs.

they can finish it on the day by having the first to two or three points after nomal extra time i cant believe the gaa have not thought of that or maybe they have.

What happens if one team has a strong wind?

OrchardOrange

Quote from: bennydorano on June 26, 2022, 05:24:25 PM
A hard one to take for Armagh but could ultimately be the making of both teams. Galway could power on this year and when the dust settles Armagh will have a superb starting point for next year. There were lads coming on in normal time there I'd never heard tell of, so we really were stretched thin. I hope the full management team recommit. It'll be another 50/50 match in the semi.

A good weekend for Galway (& Tyrone ones by the looks of it).

Take off the orange glasses mate. We scored 2 flukey late goals courtesy of a flakey keeper. Otherwise we were miles off Galway and could've been going home bate out the gate by 8 or 9. Geezer has to go