Lawn mowers

Started by trueblue1234, March 14, 2016, 04:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Cheers for the advise. Was looking at this one, https://www.gumtree.com/p/lawnmowers-trimmers/greenhill-42-ride-on-lawnmower-lawn-mower/1157771225

But not familiar with Greenhill brand? anyone any experience of them? What should be the main pointers I'm looking for? Hydrostatic, 3 in 1 (How useful is that here? Does it not require it to be really dry to mulch?) etc?

Also any brands to completely avoid? There seems to be a lot of brands out there at the minute.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

give her dixie

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 15, 2016, 01:52:49 PM
Cheers for the advise. Was looking at this one, https://www.gumtree.com/p/lawnmowers-trimmers/greenhill-42-ride-on-lawnmower-lawn-mower/1157771225

But not familiar with Greenhill brand? anyone any experience of them? What should be the main pointers I'm looking for? Hydrostatic, 3 in 1 (How useful is that here? Does it not require it to be really dry to mulch?) etc?

Also any brands to completely avoid? There seems to be a lot of brands out there at the minute.

That's a fine looking mower, and it should last you a long time.

They are also fantastic for collecting leaves in the autumn if you have many tress about !!
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

laoislad

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 15, 2016, 01:52:49 PM

Nice mower.
I miss cutting grass. I could cut what I have now with a scissors,but back in the day when I lived at home it could take 2 hours to get the grass cut. Always loved doing it.
The aul fella has a ride on mower now and gets it all done in a half an hour these days.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

armaghniac

This man was being plagued by this wife.
"Cut the grass, its up to the window"
he replied, let the guy in the flat downstairs do it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trueblue1234

Would 15 HP be good enough for a lawn with a decent slope? No mountain by any stretch but a decent in line.

Gaffer

15 HP would be the least you would want for an incline!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

illdecide

A rotary mower is fine for your lawn at home and rough grass but for a football pitch thats in good order you should be buying a cylinder mower.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

trueblue1234

Quote from: Gaffer on March 17, 2016, 10:38:18 PM

I was thinking it was low. Had been looking at a 20HP one but there's a good offer on the 15HP one so was tempted to drop down if I thought it could manage it OK. Would 15 be too low do you think?

johnneycool

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 18, 2016, 09:42:36 AM

I was thinking it was low. Had been looking at a 20HP one but there's a good offer on the 15HP one so was tempted to drop down if I thought it could manage it OK. Would 15 be too low do you think?

I'd say it depends on the size of the jockey!!

trueblue1234

I'm going to need a bigger boat!!

Anyone any experience of Cub Cadet? I've a good price on the below yoke that seems to have everything I want.

http://ukmowersdirect.co.uk/ride-on-mowers-tractors/886-cub-cadet-cc-1019-hn-garden-tractor-direct-collect-105cm-41-hydrostatic-transmission-bs-500cc-engine.html

Gaffer

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 18, 2016, 09:42:36 AM

When I was buying I was advised to go for a least 15HP. Mine is 17HP and very strong up hills.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

illdecide

True Blue I forgot to say to u earlier I know a man well who deals in 2nd hand mowers around Grange/Loughall area in Co Armagh, PM me if u want his number and u can talk to him yourself...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch