Woman shot in Balla, Co Mayo

Started by AbbeySider, June 01, 2011, 10:30:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

I think this happened at 6:30pm yesterday evening...

(www.breakingnews.ie)
Man held in connection with Mayo shooting

01/06/2011 - 07:35:33
Gardaí are continuing to question a man in his 40s over the shooting of a woman near Castlebar in Co. Mayo yesterday evening.

Dympna Walsh, who is in her 50s, was seriously injured in the incident, which happened in a shop on Main Street in Balla.

Gardaí later recovered a shotgun and arrested a man nearby. He is being held at Castlebar Garda Station for questioning.

(www.mayonews.ie)

Woman shot in Balla shop

A man in his 40s has been arrested this evening (Tuesday) following a shooting in a shop in Balla.
According to Gardaí, a lone gunman entered the shop on Main Steet street at roughly 6.30pm and shot a middle-aged woman, reported to be a member of staff. The woman was taken to Mayo General Hospital in Castlebar. Her injuries are said to be not life threatening.
The gunman, who fled the scene, was later arrested in the Claremorris area. He is currently detained at Castlebar Garda Station. A shotgun believed to have been used in the incident was subsequently recovered and has been sent for forensic examination.
The scene of the shooting has been sealed off for a full technical examination.
Gardaí are appealing for any witnesses to contact Castlebar Station on 094 9038200.

ballinaman

mannix

Gardai confirmed he is not a member of the mayo panel, they said he could shoot too straight.

Tubberman

I heard it was a 'disagreement' over a will. One of the old reliables!
Anyway, thank god the woman's life isn't in any danger. He must be some header though....
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

maigheo

I am from that area and know the people involved.It has been an ongoing situtation for awhile.Jeez tubberman you must have spies everywhere

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Tubberman on June 01, 2011, 01:24:30 PM
Anyway, thank god the woman's life isn't in any danger. He must be some header though....

Jaysus, how many families in Ireland have fallen out forever due to a will. Think ill leave everything to the dog.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

maigheo

Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 01, 2011, 06:50:12 PM

Jaysus, how many families in Ireland have fallen out forever due to a will. Think ill leave everything to the dog.
the kicker  in this case is that the gunman and the victim are not related

AbbeySider

Quote from: maigheo on June 01, 2011, 11:26:31 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 01, 2011, 06:50:12 PM

the kicker  in this case is that the gunman and the victim are not related

Is the gunman's mother a distant cousin of the woman that was shot though?