NFL Division 2 2019

Started by Horse Box, November 22, 2018, 04:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohtoohtobe

Even if we win our last two games we're unlikely to go up, given the head to head situation with Meath and Fermanagh.

Maroon Manc

So if Fermanagh & Meath win this weekend then Fermanagh are promoted. That would be some achievement for Fermanagh, they get far too much stick from the likes of Parkinson; There's not a chance they'd be in this position playing more expansive football.

Apart from Daniel Flynn how many are Kildare missing? Even with lads missing Kildare should be nearer the top, O'Neil will be under pressure come the championship. There's not too many counties with as much attacking talent individually as Kildare have when everyone is available.

Rossfan

What do the Kildare lads think of O'Neill now?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Rossfan on March 05, 2019, 10:49:49 AM
What do the Kildare lads think of O'Neill now?

Ha! Check out the Kildare forum. He's not popular to say the least.

Personally, Kildare have cultural issues around how we play the game. We don't appreciate defensive football and the art of tackling, Kildare teams tend to go well in high tempo, high scoring games, our players are athletes. That means against teams around our level if they go toe to toe we tend to come out on top and conversely if we go toe to toe with Kerry/Dublin we get blown away. Teams with lesser footballers than Kildare just need to go defensive and wait..

O'Neill should have left last year after the Super8, he did well around #newbriidgeornowhere and had a massive win over Mayo and then Kildare were very competitive in the Super8. His star was shining. There's already noise for Davy Buke to take over, if he wins the championship with Sarsfields that noise will be relentless.....

I would still like to see Glenn Ryan get a shot....
#newbridgeornowhere

Captain Scarlet

Division 2 is always a bit mad, but with Murphy back Donegal would fancy it.
I would have fancied Kildare top head up, but we are a basket case at times and I don't think any club who have operated in the top two divisions make as many stupid mistakes as us. It's like they are experienced but don't see to have taken anything in.

As Dinny says O'Neill is getting slated on Kildare forum, but Mayo really papered over cracks so maybe he is due some of it. I still think that we play some braindead football and the players are happy with O'Neill as a mudguard, same as Jason Ryan was.

Fermanagh are winning games on their own terms and f**k everyone else to be honest. I would not fancy any of this current Div 2 crop to do much damage next year in Div 1 mind.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Rossfan

The Newbridge craic and subsequent good run gave O'Neill an undeserved reprieve from the sack.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

Have fermanagh ever been in division 1 before?

tonto1888

Quote from: Rossfan on March 05, 2019, 04:14:30 PM
The Newbridge craic and subsequent good run gave O'Neill an undeserved reprieve from the sack.

Getting to the super 8s was decent to be fair

Erne Man

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 05, 2019, 04:24:12 PM
Have fermanagh ever been in division 1 before?

Spent 2004 in Div 1A, got relegated, and promoted back up at the end of 2005 league. Did ok in 2006 when back in Div1 (beat Dublin & Tyrone in Enniskillen from memory).
I think we would have done enough to survive on the current basis (maybe 3rd from bottom), but did they re-grade the leagues for 2007 campaign, and we were designated as a Division 2 team. That started our yo-yo between divisions 2,3 & 4!

imtommygunn

Yeah I guess in those days you were pretty good. It would be good to see you go up. It would be tough work for you in division 1 but would be good for you I suspect.

smelmoth

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on March 05, 2019, 04:05:07 PM
Fermanagh are winning games on their own terms and f**k everyone else to be honest. I would not fancy any of this current Div 2 crop to do much damage next year in Div 1 mind.

Gallagher's plan will run out of steam. It relies on huge player commitment and isn't much fun to play. The compensation for the players is results. But they are short term results. Promotion to Division 1 will trigger defeat after defeat. What is the upside then? Any player drop outs will force Rory to look towards a shallow pool of talent especially if you are looking for club players at the required fitness level

In the meantime it's brutal to watch. The game wouldn't be viable for long if a majority of teams decided to play this type of sh1te

FermGael

Quote from: smelmoth on March 05, 2019, 07:07:10 PM

Gallagher's plan will run out of steam. It relies on huge player commitment and isn't much fun to play. The compensation for the players is results. But they are short term results. Promotion to Division 1 will trigger defeat after defeat. What is the upside then? Any player drop outs will force Rory to look towards a shallow pool of talent especially if you are looking for club players at the required fitness level

In the meantime it's brutal to watch. The game wouldn't be viable for long if a majority of teams decided to play this type of sh1te

You should go and watch Fermanagh play this year before you pass judgement.
The only games we played this year where we were hard to watch was the opening two games against Cork and Tipperary. The players looked nervous .  As the league has progressed our attacking intent has developed. Against both Kildare, Donegal and Clare we were by far the superior team. We hit alot of wide's in all three games and missed alot of goal chances .
Certainly without the ball we drop men back but when we have the ball we attack with pace.
It's a lazy narrative to call Fermanagh negative and gives the players or management no credit.
Fermanagh had lost a third of the starting championship team from last year through injury, retirements and lads dropping off. Seamie Quigley, Tomas and Ruairi Corrigan, Michael Jones and Barry Mulrone. We have a very small panel of players buts its a testament to our underage academy ( St Michaels Ennniskilen) that we are able to replace these lads and push on.
These were all massive players for Fermanagh and I think that's what makes the current league position so good.
Add to that the fact that the Fermanagh players also took serious abuse from the national media when they basically ousted  Pete McGrath as well.
Would be great to play in division 1.
As others have said it happened before.  I remember Fermangh beating Dublin in Brewster the last time we were there.
It wasn't that long ago that I was in London watching Fermanagh getting dumped out of the championship.
Feck the begrudgers.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

illdecide

Quote from: FermGael on March 05, 2019, 07:44:23 PM

The only games we played this year where we were hard to watch was the opening two games against Cork and Tipperary. The players looked nervous .  As the league has progressed our attacking intent has developed. Against both Kildare, Donegal and Clare we were by far the superior team. We hit alot of wide's in all three games and missed alot of goal chances .
Certainly without the ball we drop men back but when we have the ball we attack with pace.
It's a lazy narrative to call Fermanagh negative and gives the players or management no credit.
Fermanagh had lost a third of the starting championship team from last year through injury, retirements and lads dropping off. Seamie Quigley, Tomas and Ruairi Corrigan, Michael Jones and Barry Mulrone. We have a very small panel of players buts its a testament to our underage academy ( St Michaels Ennniskilen) that we are able to replace these lads and push on.
These were all massive players for Fermanagh and I think that's what makes the current league position so good.
Add to that the fact that the Fermanagh players also took serious abuse from the national media when they basically ousted  Pete McGrath as well.
As others have said it happened before.  I remember Fermangh beating Dublin in Brewster the last time we were there.
It wasn't that long ago that I was in London watching Fermanagh getting dumped out of the championship.
Feck the begrudgers.

Yip, fair play FG. If you are lucky enough to get to div 1 embrace it and see what happens, if you beat Armagh next week you'll deserve to go up
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

J70

Feck the begrudgers.

Fair fucks. Should be an interesting match in Brewster on May 26th. Personally, I've no clue what to expect. Hopefully we'll have McBrearty raring to go.

Orior

Quote from: illdecide on March 06, 2019, 09:19:00 AM

Feck the begrudgers.

Yip, fair play FG. If you are lucky enough to get to div 1 embrace it and see what happens, if you beat Armagh next week you'll deserve to go up

That'll be the day.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians