Leinster Senior football championship 2024

Started by Blowitupref, April 01, 2024, 09:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Quote from: Keyser soze on April 15, 2024, 03:04:23 PMAch come on man, yous gave the ball away under zero pressure a dozen times in the first half and kicked 3 or 4 good point chances into their  keepers hands.

The first thing good coaching does is establish the right mindset.

Ok. So tell me what mindset Andy McEntee and Colm O'Rourke have given our players? Are they telling them they can't win? Are they telling them it doesn't matter if we lose? Of course not. Don't be thick.

As I said these lad have been winners coming up through the minor ranks. Do you think Keoghan is still playing over a 100 games for the county for a bit of craic?

I bet the stuff the Meath lads are hearing in training in terms of mindset etc is no different than any other county. Why would it be any different?

And saying there's no pressure is nonsense. There's pressure on every ball and pass in that game because possession is key.

If you know any thing about it it's because the people in charge of Meath football don't know what they're doing. They put good things in place and then let it fall apart.

Dublin have a full time S&C professional overseeing that from U14 right to senior who was working with Leinster rugby previously. We've had 2 people in to do a similar job who stuck around for about 2 years each and then quit.

It's not the players mindsets, it's not Colm O'Rourke, it's the mindset perhaps of the county board and their small mindedness.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

oakleaf93

Quote from: thejuice on April 15, 2024, 10:39:45 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on April 15, 2024, 03:04:23 PMAch come on man, yous gave the ball away under zero pressure a dozen times in the first half and kicked 3 or 4 good point chances into their  keepers hands.

Ok. So tell me what mindset Andy McEntee and Colm O'Rourke have given our players? Are they telling them they can't win? Are they telling them it doesn't matter if we lose? Of course not. Don't be thick.

As I said these lad have been winners coming up through the minor ranks. Do you think Keoghan is still playing over a 100 games for the county for a bit of craic?

I bet the stuff the Meath lads are hearing in training in terms of mindset etc is no different than any other county. Why would it be any different?

And saying there's no pressure is nonsense. There's pressure on every ball and pass in that game because possession is key.

If you know any thing about it it's because the people in charge of Meath football don't know what they're doing. They put good things in place and then let it fall apart.

Dublin have a full time S&C professional overseeing that from U14 right to senior who was working with Leinster rugby previously. We've had 2 people in to do a similar job who stuck around for about 2 years each and then quit.

It's not the players mindsets, it's not Colm O'Rourke, it's the mindset perhaps of the county board and their small mindedness.

Do Meath not? The vast majority of Ulster counties would be putting s&c coaches in place for the underage development squads.

Dunneroyal

Look for all the greatness of Colm he is not a county manager that's where we start. Was Andy ? Yes. He had a cv backing that up with the minors. (You don't always need that) he has done well with Antrim with limited players, he won the Dublin , Leinster and all ire club titles. And he got an average Meath team to div 1, and super 8s. Did he make mistakes? Absolutely. Was he a abrasive person? yes.
Colm is generally a nice guy, comes across has a harmless man bit like the drunk uncle at a wedding. Quote Latin etc.  great with kids. But these are top level athletes, he has better players to chose from than any manager since 2010. He'd be grand as the face and voice of Meath football in management if he had the right people behind him ie top level coaches. If  frayne Conlon and Morris were in majority of other top level counties they'd be stars. Who in their right mind lets outfield players kick high ball into players the size of Conlon. That we did over and over again on Sunday. And to stand on sidelines and let that continue is criminal.
I believe that majority of this Meath panel will not only beat dubs over next 5 years but also win Leinster and challenge for Sam. IF we put the right people in charge. The right people might not be those who we all know and loved growing up ie Colm Trevor and of course the living legend that is Sean. I personally believe that a trio of Cathal O'Bric (minor all ire winning manager) current u20, along with Marcus Brennan and Connor Gillespie is the future of Meath. The review at years end MUST thank Colm for his efforts and say best wishes going forward, I'm sure he can return to RTÉ but for the sake of a talented bunch of players and Meath football as a whole. We need this change.  Another year will likely do untold damage. Enough

Keyser soze

Quote from: thejuice on April 15, 2024, 10:39:45 PM

Doesn't do much for your argument when you have to resort to abuse.

And to be honest your argument is as limp as some of the Meath shooting, as it appears you are agreeing with me that there is a mindset issue but that it originates at County board level not with the coaches or players.

Armagh18

Would it be worth rotating Dublin through the other provinces every year? Give the Leinster teams a chance and give Kerry a kick in the hole every few years?

armaghniac

Quote from: Armagh18 on Today at 02:33:01 PMWould it be worth rotating Dublin through the other provinces every year? Give the Leinster teams a chance and give Kerry a kick in the hole every few years?

It wouldn't solve the All Ireland problem.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Captain Scarlet

There is a lot of back and forth re Dublin who I think we should all admit would dominate any province. They are dominating the All-Ireland long enough so it's fair to say their depth would manage Ulster too.

But, that doesn't excuse Kildare and Meath especially. They should be up and around Div 1 or solid Div 2. I know lads are saying when we are waiting to be hammered in Leinster it breeds a bad vibe, but the league is something different and Kildare were annihilated by Cork and Derry last year. That is not excuseable.

There will be a reset and some fresh blood on the pitch and on the line next year, but the Dubs are going nowhere!
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Armagh18

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on Today at 04:35:00 PMThere is a lot of back and forth re Dublin who I think we should all admit would dominate any province. They are dominating the All-Ireland long enough so it's fair to say their depth would manage Ulster too.

But, that doesn't excuse Kildare and Meath especially. They should be up and around Div 1 or solid Div 2. I know lads are saying when we are waiting to be hammered in Leinster it breeds a bad vibe, but the league is something different and Kildare were annihilated by Cork and Derry last year. That is not excuseable.

There will be a reset and some fresh blood on the pitch and on the line next year, but the Dubs are going nowhere!
Meath and Kildare should be at least around the level of a Roscommon/Monaghan. Dublin being great is not an excuse for them being shite.