2016 All Ireland final predictions

Started by Ash Smoker, September 02, 2016, 12:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walt Jabsco

Mick Fennelly  would not have been worth 9 points or would he?

gallsman

Quote from: Walt Jabsco on September 04, 2016, 04:59:44 PM

Ah not at all, the game bypassed the midfield largely.

Thoroughly deserved by Tipp. Kilkenny were awful. Pádraig Walsh the only one of them to really stand up in my opinion.

johnneycool

Quote from: Walt Jabsco on September 04, 2016, 04:59:44 PM

Kieran Joyce isn't at it any more.
Big Lennon must have blotted the copybook since the Leinster final to be overlooked.

Tipp the better team no doubt

Zulu

Callinan without a shadow of doubt. Great Tipp performance but a fairly non-descript final for neutrals. Said before the game that we could be seeing a changing of the guard and I think that's definitely true now. Waterford, Tipp and perhaps Galway and Clare should challenge for All Irelands in the coming years.

GaillimhIarthair

Callinan probably MOTM but I thought Noel McGrath was excellent in general play and his use of the ball was a joy to watch.

seafoid

You woukd hope it would be the end of the cats.

gallsman

Kilkenny forwards just didn't show at all. Their touch was poor across the team, with some awful hospital passes in the back line, including one that directly led to the second goal.

Kelly scored 1-1 but really didn't do much. The goal was gifted to him. Blanchfield doesn't have the pace or strength to bully his way in the way he tried today. Larkin scored two good points in the first half but then wasn't seen again.

Poorest final in a number of years. In saying that, takes nothing away from Tipp. Best team by a mile.

Rudi

Bad form cursing on live television. It seems to be all the rage these days. Kilkenny looked flat, Tipperary far the better side.

gallsman

Have to say, I don't really buy the chip on the shoulder that Bubbles was showing there. They've been rightfully doubted over the years as they've had this talent and ability to compete with Kilkenny since 09 and after 2010 they decided to rest on their laurels and enjoy themselves too much.

bucko

Quote from: Rudi on September 04, 2016, 05:08:52 PM
Bad form cursing on live television. It seems to be all the rage these days. Kilkenny looked flat, Tipperary far the better side.
Wait till Effin Eddie Moroney gets going!!!

ashman

Imagine if a Tyrone player cursed like that on live TV. 😃

seafoid

Quote from: gallsman on September 04, 2016, 05:15:18 PM
Have to say, I don't really buy the chip on the shoulder that Bubbles was showing there. They've been rightfully doubted over the years as they've had this talent and ability to compete with Kilkenny since 09 and after 2010 they decided to rest on their laurels and enjoy themselves too much.
2 out of 6.is below average

AZOffaly

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 04, 2016, 06:35:38 PM
What's Galway's ratio?
You know the answer to that one yourself! 😉

Not that I would defend Tipp too often but they did happen to run into probably the best hurling team of all time for a lot of that period.  A 14 or 15 point win wouldn't have been out of the question with the way they performed - the blew KK away in most aspects of today's game.  They are worthy champions.