Best Museum you have visited...

Started by 5 Sams, May 02, 2016, 06:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Olympic Museum in Lausanne, Switzerland - so much memorabilia and so many stories. Beautifully located too.

TabClear

Cairo.  Just incredible some of the stuff they have

The Subbie

It kills me to say it but the imperial war museum is superb.

The Turkish war museum in Istanbul , which is basically a homage to Kemal Attaturk is excellent.

The Berlin Wall museum is very good.

The Museum in the Reichstag in Berlin is good as is the holocaust museum there.

The S21 museum in Penom Penh in Cambodia is freaky but you only appreciate how good it actually is after you have got the hell out of the place.

The museum in Collins Barracks is good as is the museum in the Curragh.

seafoid

I went to a museum in the engadin in Switzerland that was on 2 small floors but had the most amazing multimedia and spent 2 hours in it
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Tony Baloney

The Brits have it nailed. Science Museum and British Museum within spitting distance of one another are both class. Natural History Museum likewise. Berlin Wall Museum very good also. Beaulieu motor museum in England is worth a visit.

gallsman

Forgot to mention the Museo de La RevoluciĆ³n in Havana was spectacular. It's housed in the old Presidential Palace and the yacht that took Castro et al over from Mexico, the Granma, is out the back. Pure propaganda but really, really cool.

Hardy

We'll eventually mention every museum in the world, but anyway - The Little Museum Of Dublin is a real gem. And the great thing is, it's not in Havana or Cairo.

CiKe

I loved Te Papa in Wellington and Kon Tiki in Oslo

Tuol Sleng or S21 in Phomn Penh was gruesome and spine chilling. Not a museum, but Che's mausoleum in Santa Clara made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up  like never before.

Rois

Quote from: CiKe on May 03, 2016, 10:16:24 AM

Yes agree, that one is awesome.

Aristo 60

Quote from: The Iceman on May 03, 2016, 12:04:14 AM
went to the air and space museum once but there was nothing there

I think you mean the vacuum museum.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Aristo 60 on May 03, 2016, 12:54:38 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on May 03, 2016, 12:04:14 AM
went to the air and space museum once but there was nothing there

I think you mean the vacuum museum.
Naw that was the Hoover Dam Museum.

Aristo 60

You're sucking the air out of this thread.

general_lee

lurganblue

Quote from: general_lee on May 03, 2016, 01:14:17 PM
Auschwitz

Was at Mauthausen concentration camp twice in Austria (not far from Linz).  A harrowing experience that is hard to describe.  No doubt Auschwitz would be even worse. 

CiKe

Quote from: Rois on May 03, 2016, 11:01:57 AM
Quote from: CiKe on May 03, 2016, 10:16:24 AM

Yes agree, that one is awesome.

Normally i couldn't spend more than an hour in a museum - the walking slowly seems to kills me for some reason - but happily spent about 4 hours in Te Papa.