?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

clarshack

Quote from: Minder on March 29, 2008, 06:19:59 PM
If that is an "average" Rangers side what does it make Celtic ?

how many times does the best team on paper win? lionel messi didnt come out with his anti-football rant for nothing. if the huns were to play man utd for example over 2 legs in the next couple of weeks utd would probably only win 1-0 yet utd are at a completely different level. do you understand the concept of dragging a team down to their level? celtic are also unfortunate that the manager is shite, the huns have found a new 'andy goram' & scottish referees are still a joke. (3 minutes of injury time should have been 6 & barry ferguson can say what he wants).

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: clarshack on March 29, 2008, 11:33:18 PM
lionel messi didnt come out with his anti-football rant for nothing.

What rant did Messi come out with clarshack??
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Croí na hÉireann

Two words, fucing Caldwell. Not good enough for the youth team. Reason he's supposed to be getting games ahead of Balde and O'Dea is because he's better on the ball. Well I lost count of the amount of balls he floated onto a Rangers head, rubbish, bring back Virgo  ::). Don't think Brown is cut out for the attacking midfield role, put him in front of the back four and get rid of Donati, Hartley and the rest and get a decent attacking midfielder in. Strachan left it too late to change the game, not looking good for him, would love to get Moyles in. Celtic have thrown the league away but playing in Scotland doesn't exactly give them a fair crack of the whip, Premiership please and ASAP Mr. Desmond!!!
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

stew

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on March 30, 2008, 12:16:10 AM
Two words, fucing Caldwell. Not good enough for the youth team. Reason he's supposed to be getting games ahead of Balde and O'Dea is because he's better on the ball. Well I lost count of the amount of balls he floated onto a Rangers head, rubbish, bring back Virgo  ::). Don't think Brown is cut out for the attacking midfield role, put him in front of the back four and get rid of Donati, Hartley and the rest and get a decent attacking midfielder in. Strachan left it too late to change the game, not looking good for him, would love to get Moyles in. Celtic have thrown the league away but playing in Scotland doesn't exactly give them a fair crack of the whip, Premiership please and ASAP Mr. Desmond!!!

Balde is exactly the type of player celtic need when playing rangers, where was he yesterday????

Strachan deserves a chance to turn this around lads.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Typical load of sh*ite on here about Scottish referees and Rangers "anti-football. Far be it from to defend Smith (hate the guy) and his team but Messi only said that because his Barca team had failed to break Rangers down at Ibrox. Afraid my predicition on this thread at the start of the season (which many rubbished) that Rangers under Smith would be major contenders has been proved right. Just hope they dont do the treble now :'(

Main Street

The "anti football" jibe is a standby Barca jibe against teams who sit back and try and hang on against them. Rijkaard said the same about Celtic after the 1-1 in Barcelona, something like  'after Celtic equalised they played a sort of anti football'.

Like MON, Strachan has his favorites, problem is they are not functioning very well.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Piss poor result, but S Dougal has to take some critisism for a shite performance yesterday (weither it was intensional or not!  :o).
Rankers did what they had to and got three points with an average performance, Celtic just didn't have the fire in their bellies, Aidan, Samaras, Brown and Artur had decent enough games, but wtf Naylor and Caldwell and Naka, how many balls did we lose from poor passing from these three players. As for JVOH why oh why was McDonald left on the bench for soooooooooooo long! Feck sake he should have started the game.

Now I still believe that we can win the league, the Orcs fixture list WILL have a bearing in the coming weeks.
Tbc....

illdecide

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on March 31, 2008, 10:46:19 AM
Piss poor result, but S Dougal has to take some critisism for a shite performance yesterday (weither it was intensional or not!  :o).
Rankers did what they had to and got three points with an average performance, Celtic just didn't have the fire in their bellies, Aidan, Samaras, Brown and Artur had decent enough games, but wtf Naylor and Caldwell and Naka, how many balls did we lose from poor passing from these three players. As for JVOH why oh why was McDonald left on the bench for soooooooooooo long! Feck sake he should have started the game.

Now I still believe that we can win the league, the Orcs fixture list WILL have a bearing in the coming weeks.

You saved me writing a log post there Gaoth as i agreed with most of you're post with the exception of you're last line. Celtic lost the league on Sat and thats it, there's no coming back from that. How Naka stayed on the pitch is beyound me and yes that man Calwell what else can we say about him that hasn't already been said. Tell ya what McDonald looked well pissed off and i got the impression when he came on that he didn't give a fcuk (hope i'm wrong)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

nifan

From a ni perspective, and from the bits i watched in the pub, I thought Davis did well enough in the middle of the park - though to look good there all that was really needed was to maintain possesion, something which as you guys said was not happening.

The best bit was I am in Tokyo at the moment so i was giving it all the banter with a few of the locals about who was the better midfielder - Davis (who they had never heard of) or Naka  :D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: nifan on March 31, 2008, 11:15:40 AM
From a ni perspective, and from the bits i watched in the pub, I thought Davis did well enough in the middle of the park - though to look good there all that was really needed was to maintain possesion, something which as you guys said was not happening.

The best bit was I am in Tokyo at the moment so i was giving it all the banter with a few of the locals about who was the better midfielder - Davis (who they had never heard of) or Naka  :D

On yesterdays performance - Davis

illdecide, noticed the Skippy was looking very pissed off on the bench as the game progressed (unsurprised really, considering he's the leagues top scorer!)
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

route one v a packed defense - never going to do it when you dont have your 'typical british centre forward' as the target.
Celtic deserved feck all because they are as bad as rangers in lacking creativity and inventiveness. The only decent one two in the game got rangers their goal (ok the celtic defense are rubbish - caldwell, mcmanus and naylor - but still could have dealt with it).
Celtic didnt get up the flanks to cross the ball into the two strikers who can score (but not if they get no service).
If McGeady is going to be double teamed then you need a faster winger on the other side to take on the defense - but Naka is too fond of slowing it down and sending it back. Better used in CL games, not the faster spl speeds.
Rangers have won the league, and I hope now that Celtic can convince Strachan to leave and the next man in not continue on buying sub standard scottish 'internationals' for the Celtic team.

T Fearon

Lads, I wouldn't get to pessimistic just yet. I can see a 2003 scenario in reverse here, where the huns have too many games and lose the league on the last day. Obviously it is incumbent upon Celtic to collect maximum points from their remaining fixtures. If they do pull it out of the fire WGS will enter the legends section in paradise

ziggysego

Quote from: T Fearon on March 31, 2008, 03:42:54 PM
Lads, I wouldn't get to pessimistic just yet. I can see a 2003 scenario in reverse here, where the huns have too many games and lose the league on the last day.

That's it Tony, you've just jinxed the rest of the season. Rangers will win the league now.
Testing Accessibility

illdecide

Quote from: T Fearon on March 31, 2008, 03:42:54 PM
Lads, I wouldn't get to pessimistic just yet. I can see a 2003 scenario in reverse here, where the Huns have too many games and lose the league on the last day. Obviously it is incumbent upon Celtic to collect maximum points from their remaining fixtures. If they do pull it out of the fire WGS will enter the legends section in paradise

Mr Fearon that won't happen because WGS hasn't a clue. With 2 Old Firm games still at home you'd think we should still have a shout even if we win them which i doubt who else is gonna beat them and we have to win our remaining 8 games...HELLO. Lets be realistic about this Rangers have to loose at least 3 games from 9 and Celtic have to win 8 out of 8 and hope they win it on goal difference. I'm afraid the league was lost on Sat lads and thats the end of that.

They just need a draw against us and we have to attack like feck to score "hit on the break" comes to mind. And it wouldn't surprise me if Strachan plays 1 up front against them in the next fixture...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Rav67

The league's gone unless Rangers collapse as spectacularly as we did in 2005, but they are too well-organised a unit for this to happen.  I think what it comes down to is that they seem to want it more.  They have poor players (Dailly centre-mid and Darcheville up on his own FFS), but they are more motivated and more confident than Celtic.