Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

balladmaker

QuoteHe's appearing in court on a breach of the peace charge, they'll have no bother doing him for that. There are indeed many things in Glasgow that are more worthy of a courts time but similarly you cant have fans running onto soccer fields, this guy will get done done as an example to others and he cant have any complaints about it.

As for banning him from Celtic games yes that will be almost impossible to enforce. Again though the fact he has been banned may be a deterent to others who think about going on the pitch.

I'm not backing him for a minute, but just curious as to what they can do him for.  As for a breach of the peace, that's all they can fall back on.  No doubt he'll be done big time.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: tintin25 on October 05, 2007, 09:19:38 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on October 05, 2007, 08:56:22 AM
A few people I know are talking about us finishing third, but I believe that we can get results in our two home games and with a bit of luck away grab a point or two (that losing streak has to end sometime) we could finish second.
Remember Shakter have to play AC in their next two matches and AC have just had a massive wake up call.

I think you guys have to be realistic. Yes, it was a good result but I seriousley can't see Celtic finishing 2nd. The match itself was very poor and it was more guts/determination that got them over the line rather than skill/ability and the performance as a whole. I think Celtic and Rangers ae in for a reality check in the coming games. I would really like to see both of them progress but as I say I can't see it.
thought the game itself - even before the goals - was intriguing and quite good to watch. I certainly recall thinking that and expected a 0-0 draw as a result when midway through the first half.
As the game was played in a monsoon, it was not great for passing, but both teams to their credit played some good passing football, and tried to do so rather than lump it up front. Surprisingly Celtic made some great moves up the pitch only for the pass to go astray in the area around the penalty box.

as for getting through to last 16, well if they play like that and that old milan team do likewise, then it could be the end of milan that most people were predicting for last season.
Too many passengers on that team Wed night. I presume they must have some players out inj?

shakthar prove that buying £40 millions worth of players can work.
Imagine if Celtic got into the EPL  - or had access to similar funds as the top epl sides !
Defo top 6 finish in the first season (with an advance of cash to increase the existing squad).
that Celtic team are largely young. The starting midfields oldest men were Hartley 31 and Jarosik 30. The rest and mcdonald all under 25.Centre halves too.

Dunphy softened his attitude towards Celtic, there was only so many times over the years he could be scathing  and wrong. So he turned over a new leaf and was in full praise of the Celts in the last year at least. Not the first time in his career that he did a full U turn on opinion. He used to be anti nationalist/republican until he saw the hypocricy and crap of the establishment, unionist/loyalist politicos and john major in 1994 I think it was. Was a changed man ever after that. A similar damascus happend him over Celtic it seems.

tyroneman

I hope that all those who got carried away with the Milan result watched the shambles of a performance today away to Gretna.................

1.Enough is enough - surely we have another LB at the club. Naylor has zero football ability, 1 cross in 10 makes it into the box. Today was his nadir (in a long list of bad games this and last year)

2. Where is the sexy football WGS promised - once again we lump it up the wings to the big man

3. Naka - hello? Where are you? Did you miss the bus? Did you take Massimo with you?

4. Artur - funny once, not so funny now............learn to position a wall.

60min in and we don't have a shot on target.

To my mind Celtic are woefully short of class. Plenty of grit / spirit / dig in - whatever ye want to call it - class, no fraid not.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: tyroneman on October 07, 2007, 05:29:28 PM
I hope that all those who got carried away with the Milan result watched the shambles of a performance today away to Gretna.................

To my mind Celtic are woefully short of class. Plenty of grit / spirit / dig in - whatever ye want to call it - class, no fraid not.

Your team beat the European champions, how can celebrating and enjoying that constitite getting "carried away" ??? And whilst they may have been poor today they emerged with the win, are top of the league and on top of that have a 3 point cushion over their main rivals (I know Hibs are 2nd and doing great but ultimately if they finish 3rd theyre doing well). I think you need to cut the Celtic team and WGS a bit of a slack.

More importantly Scotland's top team in hoops are on a four match unbeaten run and up to 3rd ;)

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

12.30 Saturday 20th October - Setanta sports 1      rangers v Celtic

the countdown has started!  8)
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Going to be a tight match, no right back and half our players out!! The Hun are looking quite light-weight themselves! no recovery time from the Internationals!!

Heart says Celtic 2-0, head says dull game and draw!

Fcuk the head - Come on the Celts.

Hail Hail
Tbc....

seanf

T Fearon

Stromg rumours that Darren O'Dea will start for the Celts

Rav67

Why on earth did O'Dea start right back with Caldwell in the centre, given that O'Dea is left footed and has never played there before. 

Very poor perfomance all round apart from Skippy and Jarosik doing alright in 1st half.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Rav67 on October 20, 2007, 03:50:17 PM
Very poor perfomance all round apart from Skippy and Jarosik doing alright in 1st half.

Celtic were poor and especially so at the back, WGS should surely be looking at getting some cover in there because McManus is the only really decent defender he has at the minute. Boruc let himself and Celtic down again at the end with his behaviour, they need to have a word with this guy. Not something Im particularly happy about but Rangers are going to challenge all the way for the title as I said they would, it will be real battle this season.

clarshack

the huns have done well against celtic since smith and 'super ally' took over as they absolutely hate celtic and this rubs off on their players wheares WGS doesnt have the same hatred. celtic were a disgrace - just laid down and rolled over.

doofus

The better team won on the day, but i still think celtic will win the league over the course of the season. WGS's record against Rangers could not be near as good as O'Neills. anyone got stats on this?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on October 21, 2007, 07:39:30 PM
Quote from: Rav67 on October 20, 2007, 03:50:17 PM

Celtic were poor and especially so at the back, WGS should surely be looking at getting some cover in there because McManus is the only really decent defender he has at the minute. Boruc let himself and Celtic down again at the end with his behaviour, they need to have a word with this guy. Not something Im particularly happy about but Rangers are going to challenge all the way for the title as I said they would, it will be real battle this season.

all Celtic need to do is get two full backs , and then once they stop leaking goals (and having to chase the game) they can set about winning - and have to learn to take their chances - the goals to shots ratio is poor !
thought Celtic looked like th eteam more likely to win - even at 1-0 down, but as they had to chase the game, rangers only had to sit back and counter attack.
I think the SPL is the new sire A !
The team that concedes first will lose!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Very poor result on Saturday - but have to move on and concentrate on Wed nights match.

Good to hear that McManus, Jan the man and Hartley all travelling to Lisbon - also going are Pressley and Bobo!! Bet you thought that you'd heard the last of him!

3 points essential in Lisbon but it will be an incredibly tough match.

Hail Hail
Tbc....

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on October 22, 2007, 11:57:55 AM3 points essential in Lisbon but it will be an incredibly tough match.

Jaysus, I'd take ur hand off for a draw, what with injuries, etc.

Referring was unbelievable at the weekend, 9 yellows to 2, wasn't even consistent. Defending was abmisable for the 3 goals and if u can't put the ball in the net from in front of the goals don't deserve anything out of the game...

On a more positive note, off to Parkhead for the Motherwell game next weekend. Years since I've been over, does anyone remember what buses go out the London Road/Gallogate??? Also what time would one need to be there to see the coaches come up the drive??? Match is at 3...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...