Paddy Heaney of the irish news!

Started by culchy1, December 07, 2006, 10:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dubh driocht

Elias, I think you missed out on a 'not'!!I think Heaney is good and the IN GAA has improved beyond belief but I disagree about his abuse of committee men. Some may be fleecing it but I know the men and women in our club put serious hours in for no reward. I've been on the committee 5 or 6 times over the years and I looked forward to the meetings in the same way I looked forward to root canal work but somebody has to do it.
What do youse think of the other journos?
Adrian Cliche Logan ? John lift from the IN Campbell ? Pat Spillane ?Martin Breheny ?Sean Moran ?
I used to love the follower in the Donegal Democrat- a real poet with words.

Elias

Dubh, I'm not gonna defend everything the man says, far from it. I just pointed out I enjoy his work, he is a fine GAA journo.

Logan & Spillane are not in the same category of journalist as Heaney, probably because they're both TV personalities. I like curley bap Logan simply because I also hail from Dungannon; no reason necessary why I hate Pat 'puke journalism Spillane.

Breheny is so anti Ulster I find it hard to read the Indo, which is usually an excellent source of daily GAA news

culchy1

i c the irish news have duely put in a correction this mornin
people make mistakes, shit happens

im sure paddy has made a mental note not 2 let it happen again

i wonder what paddy will touch on next week

maybe comin into the mouth of the festive season
he'll touch on what the county boards will ask santa for
doc mcsparran will maybe ask for media relations classes
and michael hasson from derry will ask 4 a set of bagpipes
an free lessons so that he can call the tune an drive all the rodents outta derry!!

believebelive

Culchy, has it not entered your head yet the picture and caption mistake was not Paddy Heaney's fault. It has been pointed out by numerous posters here that journalists have nothing to do with captions, pictures or even headlines. blaming paddy for this is like blaming the chef if the waiter spits in your food. wise up. are the schools off already i wonder.

full back

Hope you are watching Paddy,
Will be extremely disappointed if in the next few weeks we dont get the Christmas presents for certain GAA figures (as said by Culchy1) and another sure thing is the New Year Resolutions for certain managers/players/County Boards.
Dont disappoint us

Great Leap Forward

Cuchy1, I think you are being a bit sensitive about Heaneys cloumn. He was right about a few things.

Firstly he is right about the Antrim County Board getting their house in order rather than worrying about the International rules. The club season in Antrim usually runs on until after Christmas. This is incedible considering the County Football team don't play a championship after early June and the hurlers are never in the latter stages of the Liam McCarthy.

He is also right that we are blamimg everything on those bad Aussies while we have a leniant attitude to violence in our sport.

Heaney is a good jouranlist, easily the best at the Irish News. The worst culprit in their sport department is Brendan Crossan who said that Antrim needed 15 Kevin McGourtys. Holy f**k, one is bad enough!

No1

Heaney is very good and Wobbler's analysis is spot on.

Crossan has gone downhill, he thinks the world begins in Ardoyne and ends at the Glen Road.  If he writes one more article about Newington f**king soccer club or his own playing/managerial soccer career I think I'll explode.

Whoever said Kenny Liverpool Archer couldn't be more right.

I think that Niblock fella is doing a bit of presenting on UTV.

With all that said I still buy the IN everyday!

culchy1

make believe wud u ever lighten up, sake!
what u saunterin bout schools, u stand outside them all day, dirty old man!! ;D

aye no1 seen that young feller niblock on utv the other nite ther
he was interviewin the queens players on their success in the ryan cup
one noted absentee was kevin 'i hate cold sausage rolls' mcgourty
not like mcgourt to shun the limelight(not the club now)

i think thomas niblock is a brother of kevi an barry
im sure someone will correct me if im wrong

i agree quantam leap, hard to explain why season is not over yet
the ulster final farce didnt help either
hopefully they will learn from their mistakes an get it sorted or improve it next year
but i feel that clubs have to take some responsibility for the fixtures chaos also
some clubs refuse to play without county men an some call off matches for stag dos,
weddins, etc. durin the summer an then complain bout playin matches in oct,nov,dec.

5 Sams

Best GAA columnist ever in the Irish News is Benny Tierney ;D

In fairness Heaney is pretty good....he's a football man and knows what he is talking about....and is usually quite entertaining.

....apart from the time however he said that no Newry teams had any county footballers whenever we had two players on the panel/playing :-\
The Aristocrat Years

Blacksheep

No 1 "With all that said I still buy the IN everyday!"

I thought all the papers were bought for you No 1?  ;)
Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

Mac hinery

There were a number of photos in the IN over the last week or two that had the wrong names against players, not just the Paddy Heaney column.

Square Ball

Heaneys not a bad spud, speaks from the heart most of the time, as well as his arse, all journos do it. pity about his Mayo to beat Kerry and have your wad on it basically, I ventured a few shillings and well the rest is history. In his next column he had a balaclava over his picture, he never looked better  :D

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

RP Macmurphy

Quotebut it went along the lines of County conventions debating the compromised rules is a bit like a Tory calling for Tax cuts.

Well, to put a finer point on it, with regards the Antrim convention Heaney's thoughts were along the line of 'much a do about nothing'.  He then referred to the Antrim County Board dicussing the problems with the current IR set up when they had no representatives on the panel, and they had more important things to deal with in their own 'house' - like trying to establsih Antrim football as a Provincial challenger.  He did pay tribute to Antrim hurling.  I think it was a fair enough point.  

The very fact that people are discussing his article means he's done his job.  If he please all the people all the time there would be little for us to squabble about! ;)

culchy1

i see paddy was up to no good again this week!
puttin in a story about brian mcguigans injury compared to john toals.
then so that he doesnt get the blame for the story he puts ur man from the irish independent name
against it , mcgee.

Bogball XV

Quote from: culchy1 on December 13, 2006, 10:56:12 AM
i see paddy was up to no good again this week!
puttin in a story about brian mcguigans injury compared to john toals.
then so that he doesnt get the blame for the story he puts ur man from the irish independent name
against it , mcgee.

did you read the thread on Brian McGuigan?  I suggest you do before embarrassing yourself further.